Baldur's Gate

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Jul 2008, 16:56

I usually kill Faldorn... in BG2, that is ;)

I've never tried bards; the only one I've considered using is Haer'Dalis, but he's a bit of a weakling.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 04 Jul 2008, 18:40

Yeah but he's suitably gloomy, so I tend to bring him along.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 04 Jul 2008, 18:54

Haer' Dalis is funny: :)

Is interactions with Aerie and Jan: ROFLMAO ! :-D

The funniest feature is BG2 is a tie between Lord Rumar and his wife and Jan explaining why taking Milk Baths are bad for your health :rofl:

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 04 Jul 2008, 20:50

Yea I remember the milk baths and the cats that caused his demise because of them :D
Infiltrator out.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Jul 2008, 12:10

I'm currently playing solo, and here's a bug: I've stopped levelling up. I'm multi-class thief/mage and I've stopped at 400K exp points in each class. That's it, it won't go any higher...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 05 Jul 2008, 15:20

Strange... that is a bug I never heard of...

It's too soon for the level cap though (it's somewhere in the million Exp)

Your sure it's 800K, not 8.000K ?

If it's 8000K, you've probably reached your level cap :(

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 05 Jul 2008, 19:34

I dumped Montaron and Xzar and picked up Safana. In Baldur's Gate Trilogy, her weapon skills are HORRIBLE. Dagger and Dart. I think I'll stick with 5 party members so that Safana gets as much exp as needed for her to catch up.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Jul 2008, 19:50

Right... it's 8 million... but level cap? That's just boring ;)

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 05 Jul 2008, 22:02

Suleman wrote:I dumped Montaron and Xzar and picked up Safana. In Baldur's Gate Trilogy, her weapon skills are HORRIBLE. Dagger and Dart. I think I'll stick with 5 party members so that Safana gets as much exp as needed for her to catch up.
I forgot about her weapons skills :wall:
But she's is worth it, belive me, she's better than Skie (or Eldoth). Btw, you don't need to have 5 party members (you'll get more expirience for that). And catching up with Thieves is easy, they (along with Bards) level-up the fastest.
Kalah wrote:Right... it's 8 million... but level cap? That's just boring ;)
It must be the level cap. I don't know it by hart though, as I never got past chapter four (see above posts), but I DO know that the level cap is higher if you got Throne of Bhaal as well.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Jul 2008, 23:10

I've got ToB and everything, but since I'm playing solo all the exp. goes to me, and I've imported this character from a half-played game already...

Incidentally, since I'm a mage, I just sold Crom Feyr. It's easily the best weapon in the game, and should be worth more than 4500,- I think.... Should be worth at least 20 G's.

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 20 Jul 2008, 14:42

I'm playing through Baldur's Gate and ToSC using Baldur's Gate trilogy right now. I'm on the bottom level of Durlag's tower now, and my next step in the main quest would be to speak with Scar's boss, the commander of the Flaming Fist.
I haven't gone to the Werewolf Island yet, and I'm wondering if I should do that before I finish Durlag's Tower and go to Ulgoth's Beard to have the final battle.

I'm baaaaaack!

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 23 Jul 2008, 04:54

I never got into the 1st one, but BG2 is awesome. If I had tales of the sword coast I would download BGT, but I'm not paying $20 for it. Maybe I'll just pirate it....not.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Jul 2008, 16:51

I usually wrap things up right away, since going back and forth makes me forget things. Take the boss, I say. Knock out his mirror, run away and have the things fight each other while casting a couple of bad area spells like cloud kill down there.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 Jul 2008, 17:45

Well, that demon is the easy one. The one in the Beard, now that's trickier. the only way I've found to kill it is by summoning creatures to fill the screen so that we has something else to direct his gaze at, preper lots of dispels, and hope.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 23 Jul 2008, 18:33

...but, but... Since I'm playing BG:Trilogy, as in on the BG2 engine, I'm limited to about five total summons at a time.

I'm fucked, am I not?

I'm baaaaaack!

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 31 Jul 2008, 11:12

Hey, have you guys encountered Edwina yet? :D
Edwina wrote:,,You are looking at me!!! Die!!! DIE!!"

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 05 May 2009, 17:14

REVIVAL:

Hey, I'm playing BG again (The First Edition). I'm currently having a party with Imoen (dual-classed as a Conjurer), Safana, Branwen and Kivan. (My PC is a Paladin)

Any Suggestions for a sixth Party member? I'm currently in doubt between Shar-Teel and Yeslick.

thanks.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Oct 2009, 18:59

Just rounded the Watcher's Keep in BG2:ToB. I still think it isn't as well put together as BG1's Durlag's Tower, although it is larger and has more side plots. Durlag's Tower is just epic.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Baldur's Gate

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Oct 2020, 03:46

Not really intending to necro anything, but as it is about the new Baldur's Gate III (and seemed a waste to start another thread having this one already), I was wondering if some of you are interested on the game, if you have bought its early access, or your impressions about what you already know. :D

It seems quite lively. I never played the old ones, but heard they were quite the deal. :)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

LordGraa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Baldur's Gate

Unread postby LordGraa » 12 Oct 2020, 08:30

At this moment its a bugged EA game. Not worth 60 EUR so rather wait a year (maybe?) for the full release.

If you know and played BG + BG2 you will be not so happy about BG3. Why? Its a Divinity: Original Sin III with DaD 5e rules implemented. All fights are turn based so it takes some time. But you can use almost anything around you to your (dis)advantage.

On the other hand if you know and played D:OS games you will be in a haven :-D Also if you are a Twitch streamer you can involve your followers/watchers to directly influence the game by voting for some of the dialogue decisions! But ofc you can completely play it offline and alone. But the best is to play coop with friends :)

So I will let it evolve and after a year go grab it and play it with friend(s) for more than 150 hours as those Larian games should be played :hug:

PS: when you are out of ammo you can always throw a stuff from your inventory on your enemies - even your boots! :D
http://www.worldofheroes.cz - Czech Heroes Fansite
https://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/tsoaEN.html - H7 community DLC The Shadows over Ashan

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”