New Equilibris?

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 19 Jun 2008, 17:23

the suggestion of removing Potion of Immortality from Heroes IV
just use actual editor possibility, try this map, no immo here:

http://www.archangelcastle.com/h4/ligue ... p_kick.zip

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Jun 2008, 17:56

Hey dalai,

Great news about the new equilibris.
One thing that crossed my mind recently: would it be possible to integrate into heroes 4 a simple way to change the ambient music? After some time the music in the game becomes repetitive and I would like to be able to change it.

If you could post a quick guilde about how to change it it would be great.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 24 Jun 2008, 08:51

okrane wrote:would it be possible to integrate into heroes 4 a simple way to change the ambient music?
The only simple way I know of is turning music volume in the game to 1 and launching winamp (or whatever you prefer) in the background.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 26 Jun 2008, 16:51

It all sounds good. Still, some sort of teasable time table when we could expect the release would be comforting. The new additions bring more possibilities for sure.

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 26 Jun 2008, 17:20

@ Dalai

I knew and felt that a new version is on the way...Well Done!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 26 Jun 2008, 18:39

ByteBandit wrote:It all sounds good. Still, some sort of teasable time table when we could expect the release would be comforting. The new additions bring more possibilities for sure.
I am approaching the time when I need to know whether to wait or release my campaign. It's not ready yet but gets closer everyday. A timetable estimate would help.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 26 Jun 2008, 19:11

jeff wrote:
I am approaching the time when I need to know whether to wait or release my campaign. It's not ready yet but gets closer everyday. A timetable estimate would help.
I was the same way. I was waiting for either VCMI or Horn of the Abyss for WoG, and same for the new improved Equilibris. But in the end, after reading about both, I decided to go ahead and just release the project I worked on with the current Add Ons. I figure it'll still be a while before they are available to the public.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 27 Jun 2008, 13:05

ByteBandit wrote: I was the same way. I was waiting for either VCMI or Horn of the Abyss for WoG, and same for the new improved Equilibris. But in the end, after reading about both, I decided to go ahead and just release the project I worked on with the current Add Ons. I figure it'll still be a while before they are available to the public.
Alas, though it will be near the end of summer before it will be ready, I am pretty well convinced the present version is the one I'll be using. ;|

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 27 Jun 2008, 19:59

jeff wrote: Alas, though it will be near the end of summer before it will be ready, I am pretty well convinced the present version is the one I'll be using. ;|
When I get going on a project, I generally like to work as quickly as I can on it. By this I don't mean hurrying it up. I mean concentrating on the matter at hand. Because, I find that if I put it on the shelf and wait for something to improve my work to come around, I have either lost interest in what I have been doing, or I lose track of what I was trying to accomplish. This is just me.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 28 Jun 2008, 01:16

ByteBandit wrote: When I get going on a project, I generally like to work as quickly as I can on it. By this I don't mean hurrying it up. I mean concentrating on the matter at hand. Because, I find that if I put it on the shelf and wait for something to improve my work to come around, I have either lost interest in what I have been doing, or I lose track of what I was trying to accomplish. This is just me.
(:offtopic: Good words to live by, I am in the stage where it has been successfully playtested by a couple of noted testers, and currently being tested by another. It is also the stage where I start rewriting the parts that I think needs improvement and add something here and then add something there, Dragon's Fate was delayed almost 6 months because of that when wimfrit emailed me to stop, which I did, :offtopic: ) So Equilibris team you have a little time before I give up and stay with your current version, so please hurry. :beg:

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 28 Jun 2008, 01:21

Yup. Let's get that new Equilibris in our hands, please! :oex:

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 28 Jun 2008, 09:23

I think the new Equilibris might not be released soon after all. It's a hunch.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 07 Jul 2008, 22:14

I don't either. If any mapmaker out there is waiting for the new release in a month or two, it's probably better to release it now and just do a new map when it is released. This is what I've been doing.

iKossu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iKossu » 01 Aug 2008, 11:14

Dalai wrote:But rest assured it WILL appear, the project is not abandoned.
Well then, I've better get HoMaM IV working with my Vista x64. :-D That might be a mission impossible but there're a couple of way-arounds: I could either virtualize Windows XP or update StarForce drivers. There're only 2 problems:
  • my CPU (Intel Core 2 Duo E4400) doens't support virtualization which means I'd have to replace it and
  • I'm not sure at all if updating StarForce has any effect in this case. :S
Anyhow the process of updating StarForce is delicate: one must not reboot until has installed the game correctly with necessary updates and, after all that, updated StarForce drivers.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Aug 2008, 20:29

KonserniJohtaja wrote: Well then, I've better get HoMaM IV working with my Vista x64. :-D
I wish you luck, and let us know if you succeed. While H-IV runs just fine on the 32bit version using the XP compatibility, I know of no one who has succeeded with the 64bit version. DOSFreak tried and was unsuccessful, but if you go to his site he may have an update or some advice. There is a thread in the campfire somewhere buried that I started with a link to his site. Unfortunately since there is no Tech Forum here anymore that thread may be difficult to find. :disagree:

iKossu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iKossu » 02 Aug 2008, 14:23

Updating StarForce drivers didn't work because the updater (sfdrvup.exe) claimed that there's no StarForce to update. :( Of this I make the following conclusion: even though HoMaM IV uses StarForce it doesn't install one. Which brings up a question: is there any way to update them? ;|

I searched the forums but couldn't find any posts under the author DOSFreak. I also googled with DOSFreak Heroes of Might and Magic 4 but didn't find useful results. It seems that there's a change of CPU ahead. :) I could of course also install uBuntu alongside Vista. :D By the way, do you think uBuntu x64 runs the game or should I choose x86 if I'm to install one?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 03 Aug 2008, 00:58

I said it was buried its title was Windows Vista Performance Reports, but the link to DOSFreak is http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.p ... ad7d7f0000. I do not think DOSFreak actually posts here. In the thread this link sends you to he gives contact information, he did have a theory on how he might get it to work, but it was beyond me.

iKossu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iKossu » 03 Aug 2008, 06:50

This seems to be going kinda offtopic. :) Anyway, I read your post too carelessly. I took a look in the excel table provided by the link. It seems like installing XP drivers will get HoMaM IV to work, but I don't like the sound of that... :( Here's the text from the excel table's cell's comment:

Tested 5-12-2008

Tested on Dell Latitude D630 with 965 chipset.

Tested with Windows XP drivers.

Game works fine.

OLD

Tested using Vmware 6 Workstation and Windows 2000 as a guest OS

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 03 Aug 2008, 09:19

This topic is much more relevant for this recent discussion. ;)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Return to “Equilibris”