Serena / Eagle Eye - map idea

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
col
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Serena / Eagle Eye - map idea

Unread postby col » 23 Jun 2008, 22:19

Thought it would be novel to make a map that is focussed on Serena, the hero everyone loves to hate, and turn her weakness into a key part of the map.

So, what about a map where there are no mage guilds, scrolls or shrines. Serena is your start hero, and the only way to get extra spells is to use her to learn other hero's starting spells. Maybe have a Seer's Hut where the reward is to give Serena the Scholar skill. She can then teach a decent magic user what she has learnt.

Might heroes would not be allowed on this map either.

What do you think, could it be an interesting map? Any ideas? Or indeed has it already been done?

BigThingWithHolesInIt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BigThingWithHolesInIt » 23 Jun 2008, 22:49

I don't know if it's been done but it seems a good idea.
I think it may be fun to take the quest approach and pre-design a bunch of heroes that she'll need to beat, within a certain time limit. Maybe leave out lv5 spells entirely.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 23 Jun 2008, 22:54

Good idea!

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 24 Jun 2008, 09:13

See the "eternal love" H3 campaign. This idea is exactly what has been done there :)

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 24 Jun 2008, 13:09

Pacifist wrote:See the "eternal love" H3 campaign. This idea is exactly what has been done there :)
Yes, this exactly what was done in that campaign...and very well too, I might add!

col
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby col » 24 Jun 2008, 18:02

Pacifist wrote:See the "eternal love" H3 campaign. This idea is exactly what has been done there :)
Dammit dammit dammit!
Oh well, I'll play that instead then :)

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 27 Jun 2008, 22:47

col wrote:
Dammit dammit dammit!
Oh well, I'll play that instead then :)
Be prepared for a few days game play i am sure a few weeks for some players
Eternal love is a great campaign and probably the hardest campaign i have ever played.

have fun

Return to “Heroes I-IV”