New Equilibris?

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
jeff

New Equilibris?

Unread postby jeff » 15 Jun 2008, 13:31

I saw this on the English subforum of the Russian Equilibris forum.
BrennusWhiskey
Hi guys
I visit this place rarely because its hard to find ... but I have to ask: it is truth that new equilibris coming soon?
Dalai
Yep, it is.

Don't worry, as soon as it appears, we will post a news item on our website (and on CH too, I think).
Please do announce it here; it was only by accident I found this post. After reading this I am delaying the release of my next campaign until I see it and hope to utilitize many of the new features that have been previewed. :beg:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: New Equilibris?

Unread postby HodgePodge » 15 Jun 2008, 16:01

jeff wrote:I saw this on the English subforum of the Russian Equilibris forum.
BrennusWhiskey
Hi guys
I visit this place rarely because its hard to find ... but I have to ask: it is truth that new equilibris coming soon?
Dalai
Yep, it is.

Don't worry, as soon as it appears, we will post a news item on our website (and on CH too, I think).
What date was this posted? Can you furnish the link? I'm very excited about the release of a new version of Equilibris; :oex: we've all been waiting a long time. Three years or more ago I thought Equilibris was just on the horizon … but here we still are. ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 15 Jun 2008, 16:06

HodgePodge wrote: What date was this posted? Can you furnish the link? I'm very excited about the release of a new version of Equilibris; :oex: we've all been waiting a long time. Three years or more ago I thought Equilibris was just on the horizon … but here we still are. ;|
Sure I actually found it by accident following the Equilibris Russian forum link on the CH index page.

http://equilibris.celestialheavens.com/ ... php?t=4003

I am not sure of the date as I can't read Russian, but the numerials where 02,2008. So it must be somewhat recent.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 15 Jun 2008, 16:25

jeff wrote:Please do announce it here; it was only by accident I found this post. After reading this I am delaying the release of my next campaign until I see it and hope to utilitize many of the new features that have been previewed. :beg:
That will give you (and us ;) ) some more time, but more "work", too, I think. :)

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 15 Jun 2008, 16:30

I think the date says June.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 15 Jun 2008, 17:10

Koni wrote:
jeff wrote:Please do announce it here; it was only by accident I found this post. After reading this I am delaying the release of my next campaign until I see it and hope to utilitize many of the new features that have been previewed. :beg:
That will give you (and us ;) ) some more time, but more "work", too, I think. :)
A bit I have rewritten the Valerian storyline for map 3 and should have the rewrite for map 5 done very soon. My current thought is to use most of the added features (non-terrain) only in the Valerian line. I will PM you and HodgePodge on the specifics when and if necessary. :-D The campaign is just to far along to do a complete recreation. So the Dalius line will remain essentially the same. :D So please Dalai an early release would be most helpful.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 15 Jun 2008, 17:26

So please Dalai an early release would be most helpful.
Indeed. I put my map on waiting until the new version of Equilibrius is complete so I am just on story-writting now.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 15 Jun 2008, 18:29

Koni wrote:That will give you (and us ;) ) some more time, but more "work", too, I think. :)
That's the kind of 'work' I don't mind doing. :-D
jeff wrote:… I will PM you and HodgePodge on the specifics when and if necessary. :-D So please Dalai an early release would be most helpful.
Great! I am looking forward to replaying & retesting … hope it's soon. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

rising_fart
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rising_fart » 16 Jun 2008, 11:33

Hey everyone. This is actually first time ive posted on these forums but been here around quite a time actually... anyway im not russian but i still do understand it so i can approve what Metathron said and date of that thread indeed is 2nd of June, 2008.
Sorry for going bit offtopic but you said you are making campagne? So you have maybe made another maps before? i mean.. ive played all the maps from maps4heroes.com so maybe you could suggest where cud i download any good maps? thanks

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 16 Jun 2008, 13:51

Sorry for keeping you guessing.

The new version is being tested, and there are some issues.

- It is not fully translated
- New creature banks are not balanced (too hard for their bonus)
- Spells and artifacts are not moved as they are planned
- some minor glitches

But rest assured it WILL appear, the project is not abandoned.

To mapmakers: waiting for it will be worth it, especially if your map depends on getting right spell at right time. New objects can give some new flavour too.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 16 Jun 2008, 14:12

rising_fart wrote:Hey everyone. This is actually first time ive posted on these forums but been here around quite a time actually... anyway im not russian but i still do understand it so i can approve what Metathron said and date of that thread indeed is 2nd of June, 2008.
Sorry for going bit offtopic but you said you are making campagne? So you have maybe made another maps before? i mean.. ive played all the maps from maps4heroes.com so maybe you could suggest where cud i download any good maps? thanks
It's the campagne Dragon's Fate. You will find it HERE in the downloads mapssection, along with many other excellent user made campaigns.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Jun 2008, 14:27

Dalai wrote:Sorry for keeping you guessing.

The new version is being tested, and there are some issues.

- It is not fully translated
- New creature banks are not balanced (too hard for their bonus)
- Spells and artifacts are not moved as they are planned
- some minor glitches

But rest assured it WILL appear, the project is not abandoned.

To mapmakers: waiting for it will be worth it, especially if your map depends on getting right spell at right time. New objects can give some new flavour too.
Well get them translators working, :gun: but seriously thank you for the update, :-D in my case the release is not imminent though it has completed the first full round of testing and has entered the refining stage. I started this campaign in the hopes the new version would be released in time to use, and I can wait a little while longer. :oex:

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 16 Jun 2008, 21:51

good news and good work dream equilibris team !!! :-D

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 17 Jun 2008, 19:25

It's been over a year now since I opened my big mouth and made the suggestion of removing Potion of Immortality from Heroes IV. Not totally remove, but make them available only at blacksmiths on the adventure map. My idea also played around the mind game of arming the AI heroes with the PoI's thus making them a more competative opponent.

Now the question is, could this be implemented in the next equilibris version?

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 17 Jun 2008, 19:35

Well, AI heroes already come equipped with a PoI; I forget if that's only the case on higher difficulty levels, though.

Or do you mean you would like to see them come with more than just the one potion?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 17 Jun 2008, 19:43

Yurian Stonebow wrote:It's been over a year now since I opened my big mouth and made the suggestion of removing Potion of Immortality from Heroes IV. Not totally remove, but make them available only at blacksmiths on the adventure map. My idea also played around the mind game of arming the AI heroes with the PoI's thus making them a more competative opponent.

Now the question is, could this be implemented in the next equilibris version?
Yurian
As I recall many of us did not want to see this implemented, so hopefully not unless it's availability is selectable and thus controlled by the mapmaker.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 17 Jun 2008, 19:46

Hi
Im happy that my little ask was like pebble causing avalanche :D
I hope you do a good job with New Eq (and you add my map to data)
About IMO potions I disagree, it is very important of tactic game online. Maybe reduce using IMO per hero to 3 potions in one combat - it is better idea for me.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 17 Jun 2008, 20:48

@Metathron

You're right, the AI heroes have one PoI (already used one potion or the spell with similar effect) "on" right there from the very beginning of a battle when playing the game on the highest two levels of difficulty. But the problem is that no matter how many PoI's the mapmaker gives them, the AI just don't know how to use the potion. It will just toss them aside. It won't use them simply because, quite frankly, it seems to lack the ability to do so. It would be nice to "extend" the effect for the AI or then painfully try to teach him how to use PoI's. I guess the latter option would require extensive digging and searching the code. The Equilibris team has to do things without Ubi's assistance so it's another Long and Winding Road ahead...

@jeff

Yes, I recall the majority of people visiting this particular forum being against the idea. I'm glad I'm still in one piece after my "most grievous sin", talking without knowing the hard Heroes IV facts. Well, same place, same time next year, eh?

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 Jun 2008, 01:26

Yurian Stonebow wrote: @jeff
Yes, I recall the majority of people visiting this particular forum being against the idea. I'm glad I'm still in one piece after my "most grievous sin", talking without knowing the hard Heroes IV facts. Well, same place, same time next year, eh?
Yurian
There was no sin, just friendly discourse, though probably a few called for your head. :beheading:

But the same time same place next year let us hope we are discussing the possibilities for version 3.7 :rumor:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 19 Jun 2008, 07:54

jeff wrote:But the same time same place next year let us hope we are discussing the possibilities for version 3.7 :rumor:
It's good to be optimistic, but so much... ;|
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Return to “Equilibris”