Thoughts on Luck?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Thoughts on luck?

You almost always want to take luck
73%
It's a fair and balanced skill.
23%
You rarely want to bother with luck.
5%

Total votes: 22

blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Thoughts on Luck?

Unread postby blizzardboy » 11 Jun 2008, 18:05

How often do you guys use the luck skill? I don't pick it very often unless I want magic resistance or if I'm specifically going for one of the good extras (warlock's luck, etc.). I often times find my main hero already charged up on luck from artifact modifiers and from one-time boosts for the fight against my opponents main hero, so it would be redundant for me to have expert luck; it's maxed out at 5 anyway. I don't by any means feel that luck is a bad skill, but I think it's one of those skills that is overestimated and tempting to take since getting a luck shot is so awesome, and skills like defense and attack tend to be overlooked simply because their bonuses aren't as obvious.

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 11 Jun 2008, 19:04

I'm a big fan of luck. The possibility of doing double-damage is great on its own. Then throw in some nice abilities like Soldier's Luck, Resistance, Luck of the Barbarian, and Warlock's luck and you have a great suite of perks for just about any hero.

Also, luck is useful both early in the game and in the late stages, which is always nice.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Jun 2008, 21:15

It's overpowered. Nature's luck is an insane skill, giving you a huge advantage.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 11 Jun 2008, 21:57

i pick it according to situation but imo its very useful skill. Situations when you have capped luck by artifact means are only in later part of game and you still must survive that part. Even more considering that starting out is more difficult. Also subskills are quite good too, warlock luck is essential for high damge warlock and soldiers luck is often useful also(blind).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jun 2008, 11:12

Luck is overpowered, but sometimes taking the skill isn't worth it as you can get it from other sources... i usually take it if i don't have anything i consider necessary as the other options...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 13 Jun 2008, 11:07

I love luck and almost always pick it. :butterfly:
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 13 Jun 2008, 21:22

Metathron wrote:I love luck and almost always pick it. :butterfly:
Same here.

durin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby durin » 14 Jun 2008, 10:55

I almost always take it. Great boost to damage when it kicks in and good perks for most factions

gzork
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gzork » 17 Jun 2008, 02:48

If you're using a Might race, Luck is an essential in my opinion. If you're using a Magic race, it's still useful, and there's always Warlock's Luck and Spoils of War. In my opinion it's close to being the best skill, even if it is based on... well, luck.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”