[H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 11 Jun 2008, 22:10

Because of a bug in the game, the underground bridges are broken and cannot be used. You can use the above-ground bridges, both grass and lava, in your underground level without problems. They float above the terrain when you first place them on a map, but can hump up the ground under the bridge ending segments as GOW says.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

Franzy
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Franzy » 12 Jun 2008, 08:43

Actually, it's the editor's bug, not the game's. Devs simply "forgot" to add underground bridges to objects list (along with other stuff).

There two known (to me) ways to use the bridges.

1) Place any underground object. Chose properties>shared> change object to underground bridge. If I amnot mistaken, they are named like u_bridge_left, u_bridge_right... etc.
Be aware that there are two sets of underground bridges - ground level and raised.

2) Use an editor mod. Download here: http://ifolder.ru/6002881
It adds all "forgot" objects, including campaign heroes, the Tank, the Plane and elven robotrooper :)

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 12 Jun 2008, 14:13

@ Franzy -- as usual, you come to the rescue. Good info. Thanks.

I tried to download the editor mod but could not read the Russian to figure out how to do it. After much fumbling around, I managed to get Google to translate the Russian into English for one of the pages. Turns out that I was "not authorized" to download the file. So, went to another page and tried to register. I filled out a form with name, email address, and password, but something went wrong when I submitted the form. Again, I cannot read the Russian so I don't know what went wrong. I couldn't get a translation for the error.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

Ernest Holmes 1984

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 12 Jun 2008, 15:00

@ Franzy -- Update-- Well, the Russian server sent me a confirmation message, which I replied to. Now, when I go to download the editor mod, I can log in (even though everything is in Russian I figured out how to do that at least). But, even though it says I'm logged in up at the top right hand area of the screen, I still cannot get a link that I can click on to start the download.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

Ernest Holmes 1984

Neckie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Neckie » 12 Jun 2008, 21:48

Franzy
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Franzy » 13 Jun 2008, 07:56

I uploaded the file to RS: http://rapidshare.com/files/122099913/F ... r.zip.html

(unzip to data folder). I think it should work ok with any language version.

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 13 Jun 2008, 16:59

I got the 1-data.pak file. Thanks.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

Ernest Holmes 1984

windjaz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Multiplayer to Multiplayer Co-Operative

Unread postby windjaz » 08 Jul 2008, 02:21

I've looked at all of the maps in the multiplayer .zip file that i downloaded and unpacked to the maps folder. How do you make them cooperative? i've tried opening them in the map editor and turning on the teams option and setting 2 players per team, but it doesn't come through the game that way. any suggestions?

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Multiplayer to Multiplayer Co-Operative

Unread postby rdeford » 08 Jul 2008, 12:01

windjaz wrote:I've looked at all of the maps in the multiplayer .zip file that i downloaded and unpacked to the maps folder. How do you make them cooperative? i've tried opening them in the map editor and turning on the teams option and setting 2 players per team, but it doesn't come through the game that way. any suggestions?
I am not sure about this one, but I think you might try opening a non-team multiplayer map in the map editor and setting the teams exactly as you did. Then also change the map name that appears in the Map Properties to something you will readily see as different from the original. Then do a Save As with a new file name that is comparable to the new map name. Then, go into the Maps folder and delete the non-team version you started with. (Since you did the Save As with a new file name, you will be able to easily see which file to delete.) Oh, and double check your work on the teams settings if this process doesn't work. I've had the Editor sneak around behind my back and reset the teams settings on me at random moments.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

Ernest Holmes 1984

windjaz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby windjaz » 24 Aug 2008, 17:03

I am not sure about this one, but I think you might try opening a non-team multiplayer map in the map editor and setting the teams exactly as you did. Then also change the map name that appears in the Map Properties to something you will readily see as different from the original. Then do a Save As with a new file name that is comparable to the new map name. Then, go into the Maps folder and delete the non-team version you started with. (Since you did the Save As with a new file name, you will be able to easily see which file to delete.) Oh, and double check your work on the teams settings if this process doesn't work. I've had the Editor sneak around behind my back and reset the teams settings on me at random moments.
This completely did the trick! The player properties don't change, it still shows FFA, but if you go to load the co-op map you modified, it will allow you to pick your teams! Thanks!!!

tofiffe
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tofiffe » 21 Mar 2010, 09:31

I got a problem:

1. My map editor crashes everytime i got to edit script
2. This usualy happens when i start it:Image
If i click reload map it's almost normal, the ground is still messed up.

Franzy
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Franzy » 21 Mar 2010, 09:53

Using Vista x64? I got the same problem with texture blooming. Solution: load another map. Don't worry, everything will be ok when you play the map.

tofiffe
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tofiffe » 21 Mar 2010, 09:56

thanks, but what about the crash after i try to edit the script?

EDIT: when i'm already asking for help, where could i find a working link for the MapFilters.xml file for bigger selection in map editor?

Franzy
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Franzy » 21 Mar 2010, 10:33

Don't know anything about the crash, I use outside script editor.

tofiffe
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tofiffe » 21 Mar 2010, 10:48

how's that? and how do you define the location script?

Franzy
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Franzy » 21 Mar 2010, 12:00

Every map file is actually a zip-archive. Open it with a file manager and find inside a bunch of files. Map script is stored in MapScript.lua. Here you will also find all the text files.

Urostoki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Bomb Script H4 and set random creature?

Unread postby Urostoki » 29 Mar 2010, 19:58

Hello to all. :)

Firstly, I apologize for my English level.

I can not find the following functions in the editor H5, can you help me please?

Is there an equivalent script to be "bomb" H4? If it exists, can you explain how it works.

Is it possible to set the random creatures for the faction linked to a player?

Thank you for your help. :)

Franzy
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Franzy » 29 Mar 2010, 21:32

1. Yes, you can destroy or move any *static* (without active tiles) objects via function RemoveObject. For a static object to be(re)movable, you must change its appropriate property to true.

2. Yes, you can change any creature stack on the map using AddObjectCreatures/RemoveObjectCreatures functions.

Urostoki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Urostoki » 30 Mar 2010, 10:36

Thank you for these answers, Franzy. :-D

But I need more detail to the 1st answer.

How do I delete an object by triggering an event? For example, trees blocking a passage. Farmers are willing to cut if a player kills the dragons north of the map.

How to write the script performing this action?

For the 2nd question, I think I express myself badly :ashamed:

With an example, I might be clearer.

Either a stack of random creature. I want this stack is the same race as the player's faction. For example, if the player chooses the faction haven, the stack will be a haven creature (creature level according to the random object placed on the map).

How to write the script performing this action?

Thank you for your answers. :)

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 30 Mar 2010, 14:20

@ Urostoki --
How do I delete an object by triggering an event? For example, trees blocking a passage. Farmers are willing to cut if a player kills the dragons north of the map.
Answer: See the RemoveObject() line in this example script taken from one of my maps.

function oldWitchYes()

local playerGold = GetPlayerResource(PLAYER_1, GOLD);

MessageBox(path.."oldWitchYes.txt");
SetPlayerResource(PLAYER_1, GOLD, playerGold - 10000)
RemoveObject("barrierTrees");
oldWitch_state = 0 -- flag that witch is gone
end;
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

Ernest Holmes 1984

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”