The Football (Soccer) Topic

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Jun 2008, 00:17

Yeah, i piss my pants for that one. Or i piss my pants for meating Portugal, last match we played wasn't excactly nice. Red and yellow cards were flying like crazy!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jun 2008, 00:29

Yeah, it was a new record... 16 yellow and 4 red... the referee completely lost control. Here's a video :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Jun 2008, 00:34

Ah, nice video, thanks Kalah :). Makes me remember the tears of Ronaldo, how lovely :devious: !. But really, what a game was that, we were SO good that WC, only their anoying way of playing the referee was in the way of further progress...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jun 2008, 00:49

We (the referees) have discussed that match at length, and concluded two things: 1) the referee tried to control the match by penalizing players with cards rather than speaking to them, using body/whistle language and communicating with the captains, and 2) the players played like headless chickens, unable to get it into their tiny tiny brains that if they continued to break the rules, more cards would come. The coaches didn't help either. Had those been my players on that pitch, I would have called them all over to the bench and screamed at them that unless they started to play properly, I would beat them all to bloody pulps and then send them all home.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Jun 2008, 01:02

Well, you got a point, and to be honoust, they played like asses, all of them. Holland got carried away by the way ortugal was playing, so they just joined and started kicking the sh*t out of everybody, viewers weren't really happy or anything...

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 07 Jun 2008, 01:45

I remember being horrified at that game with all the cards.

Holland should be good but they aren't really. I thought Huntelaar was pretty awesome?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jun 2008, 02:14

He is.
I wrote:The big name of the tournament I foresee will be Huntelaar.
He's blooming now, and this is his big chance. If he plays well during these next couple of weeks (which I foresee that he will), he will likely be purchased by one of the über-clubs like Man. Utd. or Barcelona for an outrageously indecent amount of money, and go on to become the biggest Dutch star in European football.

How about other players, then? Who will brake through and show their talent to the world for the first time? I think the Czech Republic will show us some new talent, with their biggest stars out. That Tomáš Sivok is really exciting. Then there's Miguel Veloso, plays for Sporting... could be a real asset for Portugal... the Turk Mevlut Erding (mark that name...), then there are the home-team's Sebastian Prödl and Christian Fuchs - very good.. and the Russians have several talented but largely unknown talents such as Igor Akinfeev and Diniyar Bilyaletdinov.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 07 Jun 2008, 11:35

Kalah wrote: ... and the Russians have several talented but largely unknown talents such as ....d Diniyar Bilyaletdinov.
With such a name you cannot become a star. No way!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Jun 2008, 12:11

:lolu:

@ Kalah: Euhm, did anybody say Bergkamp, van der Sar, Kuyt, van Nistelrooy ;|

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jun 2008, 12:23

Veldrynus wrote:With such a name you cannot become a star. No way!
What about Karel Poborsky? He became a star after -96... ;)
darknessfood wrote:Euhm, did anybody say Bergkamp, van der Sar, Kuyt, van Nistelrooy ;|
Yeeees...? What about them?

Other talents include Germany forward Mario Gomez, France striker Karim Benzema and Croatia playmaker Luka Modric (Spurs player, yey!).

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Jun 2008, 12:33

Well, they are the best paid attackers, but Bergkamp was the BEST paid ever (from players in Holland that is)!

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Jun 2008, 15:42

Cruyff. Nuff said.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jun 2008, 15:48

The opening ceremony is on now... I almost laughed myself to death when they brought out those cow things... :-D

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Jun 2008, 16:35

CRAP, missed that, i was eating. DAHM YOU HUMAN NEEDS! But the game is on now :)!

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Jun 2008, 16:53

Poor Alexander Frei.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jun 2008, 17:01

Yeah, that would suck, to be out of the tournament before it has really begun... The Swiss will have trouble without him.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Jun 2008, 17:09

Yeah, really sad for him, he was really looking forward to it, and in the first half he is knocked out :(!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jun 2008, 17:36

0-1, a bit surprising so far; Czech have been playing 4-5-1 and instead of putting Baros on, they let Sverkos in, and then he scored... First goal for his national team, and it's in the EC... cool.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 07 Jun 2008, 20:46

Kalah wrote:: 1) the referee tried to control the match by penalizing players with cards rather than speaking to them, using body/whistle language and communicating with the captains, and
I think that the cards were absolutely justified. If you look at each foul it merited a card. Why was the referee punished after the game?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Jun 2008, 20:49

Each individual card might have been justified, but the judge is supposed to be able to calm down the game so that he doesn't have to show his cards so often.

Return to “Campfire”