Button, button, who's got the buttons?

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 27 Nov 2006, 12:30

Sir_Toejam wrote: I'm using the 1.4 combat interface in HOF for the last 5 missions, and it works just peachy (after just the basic timestamp update on all the files). can't figure out what would be different between the regular patch version and HOF that would cause it to work in HOF but NOT the regular version!
I have a question about these timestamp things. Is it enough to change the date of the .pak file itself, or is there something more technical involved?

I was not able to get the 1.4 combat interface to work as of yesterday. :(
So I completely uninstalled and reinstalled both H5 and HOF. I patched H5 with patch 1.4 before installing HOF.

If I download the 1.4 in the mod directory, and install it to my dataa1 directory, then the combat mod should work, correct? As of right now, I do not have any mods enabled for either program.

*sigh* lol. A lot of work, but I despise the combat circle that comes with the program. :P

LindaG
Scout
Scout

I think I got 1.4 working.

Unread postby LindaG » 28 Nov 2006, 01:45

I did a complete reinstall of H5 with patch 1.4 and HOF. I tried the game and it ran normally.

I installed the sev mod and started the map again, and that mod worked.

Then I installed the Gryphon 1.4 mod and it works now, though I have not tried it with the dwarven faction.

I am playing The Union map which does not use the Dwarven faction, though there are dwarven units in the neutral stacks and the shield dwarves were who I had my first battle with after I installed the mod.

Not sure if this means anything or not. lol.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 28 Nov 2006, 02:18

Then I installed the Gryphon 1.4 mod and it works now, though I have not tried it with the dwarven faction.
you will only run into problems when you first start using rune magic, so you're fine for the first campaign.

I sent the file links to Gryph via PM, but have not heard anything back.

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 28 Nov 2006, 11:31

Sir_Toejam wrote:
you will only run into problems when you first start using rune magic, so you're fine for the first campaign.

I sent the file links to Gryph via PM, but have not heard anything back.
Probably busy. As are you, I know. Thank you, Sir Toejam. :) I appreciate your hard work and everyone elses, too.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 29 Nov 2006, 04:30

Hey boglavius, I just updated the small combat interface mod. However, I couldn't include the hourglass as I don't have the appropriate dds files. The ones you see on the other mod, I borrowed from the hazardous mod, and they have a black background as opposed to the original blue. Sorry.

I looked into the HoF compatibility, and I can release the HoF versions once I have the file: "CombatScreen-Heavy.(WindowScreenShared).xdb". Sir_Toejam or any other person with HoF and some free time, it must be in the UI folder in the HoF data file. Thanks!
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Nov 2006, 05:22

ahh, i finally found it; can't figure out how i missed it the first time.

anywho, i just PM'd the link to you.

cheers

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 29 Nov 2006, 05:33

OK, I got it and I pm'ed you back with the mods ;)

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Nov 2006, 06:08

Ok, just tried out the first one, and it works just like before, even with dwarves.

save/load keys and wait button work just perfect..

I'd say you're good to go to post those.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 29 Nov 2006, 06:13

So, you got my last pm and tried out both mods, and they work fine? Just great, thanks a lot! So, I'll post them and update the mods section, OK?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Nov 2006, 06:16

I tried the first, not the second, but logically, they both utlize the same background files so if you made the same changes to both, I'd say you're good to go.

go ahead and post em.

oh, don't forget to post them as entirely separate mods, as they will not work corectly if placed and used with the original h5.

EDIT:

oops, i spoke too soon; everything is working perfectly except reloading saves that were made in combat after combat is done.

get a crash when i try that.

maybe wait until i try it on some smaller maps tommorrow then.

sorry.

EDIT2::

Ok, tried it on a small map, and both mods exhibit the same behavior; save during tactics or combat works, but the saves cannot be reloaded (crash every time).

other than that one issue, both mods work just fine.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 29 Nov 2006, 07:07

Hmm, that's interesting. Something must be conflicting but I couldn't understand what. It's not UI related though. Maybe it's related to the calculation and keeping track of runes. It may be possible that the save function does not save the runes info, I don't know... :|

Anyway, I uploaded the new mods that work with HoF, well except the loading of in-combat saves. We may have lost a function here. Still, I hope you like it everyone! Please post about your experience, thanks :D

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 29 Nov 2006, 18:12

theGryphon wrote:Hmm, that's interesting. Something must be conflicting but I couldn't understand what. It's not UI related though. Maybe it's related to the calculation and keeping track of runes. It may be possible that the save function does not save the runes info, I don't know... :|

Anyway, I uploaded the new mods that work with HoF, well except the loading of in-combat saves. We may have lost a function here. Still, I hope you like it everyone! Please post about your experience, thanks :D
I am going to love it. :) I don't save in combat anyway. *^_^*
Thank you, Gryphon and Sir Toejam. Much appreciated! :)

jackzhu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Ask help to theGryphon

Unread postby jackzhu » 19 May 2008, 09:30

hi, theGryphon:
I got your mod of battle Interface and it said it should be used in 1.4.

Now I upgrade to 1.6/2.1 and this mod seems does not work. I downloaded the mod message and it report a conflict like this:

Conflict Checker:
FileName: combatscreen\onjog-menu.(windowmsbutton).xdb
Mods: p3c-data, hAzardousCombatMod_theGryphon_v1.4

I wish to know if you have a update of the mod for 1.6/2.1. If yes, Post a message or send me a mail please. mail: jufei9494@163.com

or you can tell me where to download the update mod.

Thanks.

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”