MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Mightor Magic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mightor Magic » 28 Apr 2008, 18:53

Fun mod so far but there have been some oddities and I haven't even gotten to the Barrow Downs yet.

One problem was with the autotour part on Emerald Island. I noticed a early few stat/skill bonuses like the well that grants 40 Endurance points/ 5 skill points and I decided to restart a team. So when BDJ's intro came up, I just opted out this time by clicking on the "goodbye" part. But about every so often, random bits of NPC dialogue would pop up, from Count Zero to the original autotour to non Emerald Island NPCs. I had to delete the game as it just wasn't playable.

Another problem is with Grognard's attack. I can get the bonfires lit and I know where he's suppose to appear but in order to get him and his army there, I have to save and reload the game {or leave the map and reenter it, wasting 10 days}. I never had to do this before but I don't know if it's the Mod or the patch I downloaded from this site.

Impressions:
Skill barrels: Ok, so far, I've found the Body Building, Merchant and ID Item ones but everytime I find another one, I feel like I've wasted skill points trying to make the usual MM7 build.

Bows of Carnage: I like them. Fighting the goblin horde was never my favorite part of the game and it's nice to actually get such bows when they are actually useful.

Teleportation hub: I don't know where the "Home" hubs are. I'm told that there's one in Tatalia but then where is it? The only one I know of {so far} is the one in Harmondale.

Erathia Bandit cave quest: I did the quest and I'm rewarded with another Home key, the same one the Courier gave me. Why?

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 29 Apr 2008, 06:22

About Grognard. Not necessary to leave the map. Just enter and exit Castle Harmondale.
Home hubs looks like pedestals, red color. They are at locations, where you can go via hub-well from Harmondale.

Roj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Roj » 30 Apr 2008, 15:38

About Grognard. The behaviour for this quest is just the same as for original MM7. You need either to leave the location and return or to save and load the game.

Roj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mod finished

Unread postby Roj » 30 Apr 2008, 16:13

I have finished the mod for 5 months and 24 days at 14th level with score 230683. All quests were completed. It was not so hard to win without dirty tricks. The company was standard: Knight, Thief, Cleric, and Sorcerer. After change the profession they become Master Archer, Champion, Arch Druid, and Master Archer.

Almost all the game was too easy. Only some quests were really hard. Of course, the hardest quest is the Control cube. The Saving Erathia and Coding Wizard quests are also interesting. The Barrows were also good.

The level 14 is enough to win the game. The game can be completed without difficulty at lesser level, but it was too many free time when I waited for arbiter death and for appearance of Lector in Erathia. To spend the free time, I trained. Most part of locations was cleared at the level 1. I arrived to Eeofol at level 4 clearing the tunnel from Nighon.

During the game, I have cleared the Barrow Downs and the Tunnel to Eeofol for three times each (they respawn in 1.5 month). The Minotaur labirint was cleared twice without using the Paralizing Wand. The Dragon Caves in Eeofol were cleared at least 6 times (they respawn every time you enter them).

The Evenmorn Isle is constantly respawned. I think this is the bug (or, may be, the feature :) ).

Roj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Roj » 30 Apr 2008, 16:19

Mightor Magic wrote:Fun mod so far but there have been some oddities and I haven't even gotten to the Barrow Downs yet.

Erathia Bandit cave quest: I did the quest and I'm rewarded with another Home key, the same one the Courier gave me. Why?
Some keys are duplicated. There are 2 Home Keys and 3 Avlee Teleportal Keys.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 01 May 2008, 13:34

It also appears that every time you return to Evenmorn Island, another EI key is spawned in the chest there.

I haven't checked to see if it happens when the area respawns after entering one of the Temples there...

radlives
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Evermorn Island Key

Unread postby radlives » 02 May 2008, 02:25

I have gotten the Evermorn Key. However, when I go to the Harmondale
hub, it says that no key is found (I have other keys as well, so if I put one
of them in the first spot, it will transport me).

Is there another hub that I need to use? Is this a bug, and can I do something to activate the key?

Akari T
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Akari T » 02 May 2008, 14:06

Have you taken the key to the Courier Guild first? That's the only thing I can think of.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

key??

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 02 May 2008, 14:34

The Evenmorn Is key works fine at the teleportal hub. Are you sure that you're not confusing it with the Emerald Island key?

For the EI key, see the following thread

viewtopic.php?t=8723

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

radlives
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby radlives » 02 May 2008, 19:05

My bad. I did mean the Emerald Island Key. Thanks for the tip, and
while I'm at it thanks for the mod. Lots of hard work I'm sure, and it
gives me an excellent excuse to revisit one of my favorite all time games.
To date I have not been disappointed!

Stormz30000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stormz30000 » 04 May 2008, 07:08

Can you do the dark path on this mod?

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 04 May 2008, 19:26

No, only Light Path.

Stormz30000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stormz30000 » 05 May 2008, 11:00

Thanks for that, but I've ran into trouble. I selected light, and have done my socerrerors first promotion. When there, since I was light, I got the quest but didn't read it. I later couldn't find it in my quest book, and asked someone I know who plays this mod. He said that I must use the home portol near the stables to teleport to the strange temple, and retrieve the book of unmakings. He says until I do this, I can only town portal to Celeste or the Pit. However the pedestal (Home Portal) just takes me to Erathia as normal. I have the latest version of the mod, and the save was started on this version too. We are both stumped and do not know how I can get there. When I try talking to Thomas Grey, there are no options to say anything. Please help, I just don't kow what to do!

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 05 May 2008, 11:25

When your party receved this quest - Retrieving the Book of Unmakings, it was stated, that it has to be done immediately. It means your party should go to the portal and not to leave Braccada. So, my reccomendation is to start from earliest save before receiving this quest.

andy1694
Peasant
Peasant

Just a few Question

Unread postby andy1694 » 07 May 2008, 09:56

I just wondering about Vori.
1. When you enter that land in this Mod. Is that a completely new place to discover?
2. What is the enemies in Vori?
3. Do you get any quest or anything there?

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 07 May 2008, 14:58

Actually Vori is ...so to speak, not very real.

Logan Warbringer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Logan Warbringer » 09 May 2008, 07:49

A pity... I really hoped to get there at last:

BTW, where is the teleporter hub in Harmondale?
http://www.heroesportal.net -- More than 2000 maps for Heroes of Might and Magic I, II, III, IV. Forums and chat in heroic style! Various tourneys and everything a real hero needs!

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 09 May 2008, 18:34

There's someone who tells you... one of the people in the small village south of Harmondale... Ilena Sablewood or somethng like that? I forget.

Head down there and ask around. It will be worth the trip.

targan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby targan » 13 May 2008, 08:02

I have exactly the same problem than Stormz30000 (about the book of unmaking quest). Is there a means to resolve this problem with a save editor ?

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 13 May 2008, 10:48

I think you can. At least I used editor while Beta testing to change my character from Priest of Dark to Priest of Light.

Return to “Might and Magic”