Formula 1

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 May 2008, 11:14

Hum. Alonso is young too? I don't recall, really. ;|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 06 May 2008, 20:10

Depends on what do you call young. His birthday is on 29 July (1981). He can be called young, but not in F1. Of course Burdais is 2 years older and his debut was only this year.
On a side note I have to mention, that Bruno Senna may enter the F1, but first he'll have a year in GP2
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 May 2008, 22:22

I've heard of him not long ago. There was a time when I used to cheer McLaren...if Bruno Senna starts in there too, it'll be like the old days. :D It just doesn't sound natural having Ferrari to cheer up for.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 06 May 2008, 22:28

Panda wrote:It just doesn't sound natural having Ferrari to cheer up for.
You're telling me...? :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 May 2008, 11:23

:lol: Haha, Ferrari is just that kind of top-team I don't fancy much. I prefer something less brighty, not in the spotlight.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 07 May 2008, 11:53

I don't know if the spotlight is what disturbs me, rather, that when I started to look at F1, my friend (who introduced me to the magic world of the racing) was a Ferrari fan, so I logically chosen to be an anti Ferrari :D
First I was BMW fan (and because we had a BMW in that time), than I had no favorites, since Schumi won anything anyhow.... Than McLaren, than Alonso, now...? Alonso/Raikonnen (but not his team :) )

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 May 2008, 15:04

I still have some affection for McLaren. BMW...well, not really what I bother much. :tongue: Something I just got unlikely to ever be fond of is Williams. Reasons are easy to tell.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 07 May 2008, 18:32

Surprise me... :) I have no guess why wouldn't anyone like Roseberg or Nakajima, or the team. They aren't too much in spotlight. Of course the Jap. isn't the best driver, but the mistakes he did previously, seemingly gone.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 May 2008, 12:07

Ah, nothing against the pilots, no! :drama: :D I hope they are safe until the very end, that is. That's what I dislike in Williams. Ayrton died while driving one of their cars. :creative:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 09 May 2008, 13:28

And that's the reason? :?? It's not logical.... or/and not fair.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 May 2008, 17:34

Hum, there's much more in there, believe me. If it's fair or not, that's not for me to believe, but those who were affected more. Strange question! Being Anti-Ferrari just because another person is Ferrari-fan is just as - odd. :D

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 09 May 2008, 23:59

It is or, it's not, i never searched for it... You know, I liked Senna, I even had a few verbal fights with my friend, you know the Ferrari fan, but that was before Schumi won his 4th title. But I never was angry at Williams because of that accident...

On other scale .... it's weeeekend, and here is Turkey....

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 13 May 2008, 23:27

Huh... weekend is long over, and turkey gone, but results stay.
QualifyingImage
and
RaceImage
No big surprise, nor at race, nor at the qualifying. Massa, much to Panda's hope completed the predictions and won.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 May 2008, 00:06

A bit disappointed with Kovalainen. Reasonably happy with Coulthard, who I think is underestimated. You don't win the Monaco GP unless you know how to drive... and he's won it twice. He's a bit stuck in a small team now.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 14 May 2008, 06:41

Coulthard should retire while it's not too late.

BTW, did you know Michael Schumacher before the start of the season said that Felipe Massa is his favorite to win the title? After the terrible start, Massa has been driving perfectly and is always strong at qualification while Kimi sometimes is not.

This year the title will be decided between both Ferrari drivers.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 14 May 2008, 16:01

Don't make to hasty conclusions. Massa is up for the title, but I don't believe he'll win it for true.
Coulthard? - He's old Kalah. And he has less motivation, than the younger generations. It's not just the car.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 May 2008, 20:40

arturchix wrote: This year the title will be decided between both Ferrari drivers.
I hope they compete between themselves, rather than just letting one of them win, you know.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 17 May 2008, 13:41

I leave that to Ecclestone. I presume he is wise enough to see such mischievous deed...

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 25 May 2008, 23:48

So today was the run in Monaco...
With a light surprise in the Qualifying
The Ferrari triumphed, while it was expected that the Silver Arrows to do so.

Although the race held some surprise too...
That was not in the case of the winner. Hamilton won with ease.

But we could see a shining in the person of Adrian Sutil who managed to fight his was to the 4th position, where he stopped by K Raikonnen. It was not the acting we expect from an F1 Champion. Although we can blame the weather conditions, but still, poor Sutil was on way to make the race of his life.
Beside that, due to the wet asphalt there was a high number of front spoiler changes during race. N Roseberg had 2 in the first couple of laps.
At the end there were few crash if we take the rain and traction control turned off... and it wasn't the best race I saw either, not by far, but still the best in this season...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 May 2008, 13:46

Look! Rubens Barrichello got a 6th! :D

Return to “Campfire”