Hidden Treasure

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 05 May 2008, 17:09

Nice screenshot!!! Is it new mod?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 May 2008, 17:12

LEES BELG!!! Daarom hebben we die grappen over jullie ;). Well that was dutch, sorry about that. i told him it's not real...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 28 May 2008, 11:49

HodgePodge wrote:But your best bet is to hire a Gate Master before you go to the Shrine of the Gods, to ensure your party can get safely back to any town with a Fountain.
*Smacks himself on the head*
I've been using that shrine & NWC dungeon for maybe half of my MM6 games and it never occured to me I should hire a Gate Master. Would've made it so much easier..
Without the Gate Master, I've had to click the shrine, clear the NWC dungeon, get out, fly over the dragons to the Mire of the Damned, all before the fly scroll stops working.
At the point you enter the Mire, you're on the edge of a mountain. You can walk the mountain range to the north, but you have to be fast and avoid the skeletons that come up and try to hit you. Then you have walk underneath a bunch of ghosts/spectres/whatnot flying high in the sky, and finally walk to the edge of the map and come out at Ironfist.
Then you look at your characters, and if they've been aged you can repeat the whole process of crossing the Mire of the Damned.
Usually I'd kill some creatures in Ironfist and spend some money on training and (more importantly) buy bows for my characters. Certain spells are useful, too. And then there's the expert [whatever you want] armor trainers..

But, I'm such an idiot, it's so much easier with a Gater Master 8|
I don't mind though, it made it harder for me, which means I'd actually deserve all that loot :D
Last edited by Macros the Black on 11 Dec 2016, 07:26, edited 2 times in total.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 29 Jun 2008, 04:23

Two things...

First, the pirate treasure does exist... it's the obelisk treasure, and if you "read" all the obelisks, you can find the treasure inside a ring of stones in Evenmorn Island. There's a flower that blooms... click on it ;)

Second, there is the easier shortcut back from SOTG... use the teleport in the outside wall. Leave SOTG and run out and to the right. I think it's the first part of the sword blade as you look at it from above... click on it and you'll be taken back to New Sorpigal.

'Course, make sure you save first. If by chance you don't run fast enough.... ;)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Jun 2008, 09:12

So, here's the whole NWC process:
Entering NWC (not using fly scroll)
Leaving NWC
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 Jun 2008, 17:24

bungleau wrote:First, the pirate treasure does exist... it's the obelisk treasure, and if you "read" all the obelisks, you can find the treasure inside a ring of stones in Evenmorn Island. There's a flower that blooms... click on it ;)
Yes but it is in MM7. In MM8 you also have pirate treasure - six chest in Ravage Roaming.
In MM6 you don't have pirate treasure which, according to clues and gossip, should be on one of Bootleg Bay islands.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 29 Jun 2008, 19:06

My bad. Confusing MM6 and MM7. The MM6 treasure, of course, is guarded by a few million dragons (or at least, it seems like it ;) )

keksua
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re:

Unread postby keksua » 12 Nov 2018, 14:02

Macros the Black wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:But your best bet is to hire a Gate Master before you go to the Shrine of the Gods, to ensure your party can get safely back to any town with a Fountain.
I've been using that shrine & NWC dungeon for maybe half of my MM6 games and it never occured to me I should hire a Gate Master. Would've made it so much easier..
Without the Gate Master, I've had to click the shrine, clear the NWC dungeon, get out, fly over the dragons to the Mire of the Damned, all before the fly scroll stops working.
At the point you enter the Mire, you're on the edge of a mountain. You can walk the mountain range to the north, but you have to be fast and avoid the skeletons that come up and try to hit you. Then you have walk underneath a bunch of ghosts/spectres/whatnot flying high in the sky, and finally walk to the edge of the map and come out at Ironfist.
Then you look at your characters, and if they've been aged you can repeat the whole process of crossing the Mire of the Damned.
Usually I'd kill some creatures in Ironfist and spend some money on training and (more importantly) buy bows for my characters. Certain spells are useful, too. And then there's the expert [whatever you want] armor trainers..

I don't mind though, it made it harder for me, which means I'd actually deserve all that loot :D
There's actually a tp back to New Sorpigal in the wall outside the NWC temple
also for mm6:
- a hidden chainmail in the green wall inside of Goblins Watch..
- 10 000 gold hidden in the torch named "Torch" instead of "torch" in the corridor behind the altar in the Temple of Baa
mm7:
- a hidden high level chest in Tularean Forest (in the mountains near glade with angry trees)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Hidden Treasure

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 Feb 2019, 05:46

Just found this "Treasure". Rekindling my Might & Magic memories. All I gotta do is to get it to work on my computer.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 24 May 2019, 06:45

"- a hidden high level chest in Tularean Forest (in the mountains near glade with angry trees)"

I cannot for the life of me find this chest. Can someone else shed some light on this?

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 20 Apr 2020, 07:54

ive compelled a (hopefully) quite accurate list of the treasures in mm6-8
you can download them here:
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 20 Apr 2020, 11:02

justl wrote:ive compelled a (hopefully) quite accurate list of the treasures in mm6-8
you can download them here:
Excellent iniciative! :applause:

I'm some sort of 'chartographer' myself (or at least, collector), one thing I still miss is the whole Region Maps Minimaps shown with all the uncovered White Dots at once.
Though special attention must be taken in MM6, because White Dots in Region Maps (and White Squares at Dungeon Maps) vanish as soon as the player leaves-reenters the Map; while in MM8 (I'm not sure about MM7 yet), they vanish ONLY on Region Map Respawn — which is an interesting feature in MM8 to instantly realize wether or not a Region Map has already respawned.
Obs: I call White Dots the ones found in MM6/MM7/MM8 Region Maps; and White Squares (I think they are still White Dots but scaled up/zoomed in) I call the the big white blocks found, I guess only, in MM6 Dungeon Maps, as I don't remember these in MM8 nor in MM7.

By the way, just in case you don't know (because I guess this is not common information) the only way I know to UNCOVER White Dots/Squares is by pressing Spacebar, as LMB (Left Mouse Button) click won't make the job! (somethin that might be considered a bug maybe?), altough LMB will also activate the event.

One another little annoying thing is that Chests/Crates/etc. unless they are really 'secret' (for example, the Rock chest in New Sorpigal), they won't show as White Dots/White Squares in the Minimaps when you open them. On the other hand, MM8 excel in cartography in relation to the previews 2 games in the newer feature of inscribing and positioning arbitrary red circular marks on the Maps (must open the Map); unfortunately the captions there are not good legend for a generic screenshot, as only 1 caption may appear at one time; also, unfortunately, those red circular marks are a bit too large for details (for example, a cluster of chests), so not very precise but still useful.

Here is an (rough, uncomplete) example of Minimap screenshot, uncovering all (or at least those that I gathered in this older gameplay) of the secret White Dots by pressing spacebar instead of RMB clicking. Note that even the 5 statues (turned to stone NPCs including Cauri Blackthorne) are actually White Dots (secrets).

Now another general issue:

MONSTERS' (RE)SPAWNERS
This may not be considered as Treasure, but probably Secret (perhaps even a bug?); the kind of secret I personally think deserves special attention in MM6/7/8 cartopgraphy.

Maybe few know this in MM8, so I'm sharing it now:
In the Temple of the Snake, in Dagger Wound Island,
in the many doors area, where there are a legion of Serpentmen Warriors, each individual hiding behind a door openable by a button/switch in the respective nearby wall, there is I know ONE of those switches that spawn, virtually, infinite number of the Serpentmen Warrior (just have to press/unpress/press/unpress/etc. the switch for that special door, and you may then fight as much as you like 1 Serpentmen Warrior at a time as usual, or as many as you dare at once (until I guess something odd might happen to the game engine, maybe a crash, because of excessive amount of monsters, and I really never attempted a huge amount at once :oex: ). That infinite spawner switch: is in the direction to the Prophecy of the Sun's treasure room; however, the switch is not located on that last hall of switches which will lead to that treasure room, but in the previous hall of switches: there, it is the switch that operates the 2nd door from left to right.
Last edited by Kinox on 20 Apr 2020, 12:15, edited 13 times in total.

Allester
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re:

Unread postby Allester » 24 May 2023, 09:52

Macros the Black wrote: 28 May 2008, 11:49

So a lot late... but why does NO ONE just do this:

Enter NWC Dungeon; Clear it; Make Stat potions of each type for all 4 characters; head back outside; use the shrine for +20 to all stats on all 4 chars; go back in to NWC Dungeon; Turn back outside again; Run to the left side of the shrine (Towrds the sword Hilt) and just tap SPACE right at the hilt - Instantly back at New Sorpegal... am I seriously the only person who knew about this?

Return to “Might and Magic”