Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Scimitar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Yet Another Online Heroes!

Unread postby Scimitar » 01 May 2008, 14:13

Heroes of War and Money
www.heroeswm.com
Has anyone ever heard of it? I was looking for some info on the Chinese game and I just bumped into this one. The game hasn't even been announced and all of a sudden it is there. A browser game, for what it's worth, but it is really decent, they mention having combats both 1x1 and group, some economical features, and there wasa word about some clever new AI. I wonder if it's as good as they praised it. If anyone visits it, please post your impressions.

knworld
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby knworld » 01 May 2008, 14:24

This looks exactly like Heroes of Might and Magic. Did they rename Heroes of Might and Magic Kingdoms?

EDIT:

This has to be Heroes of Might and Magic Kingdoms renamed.

http://www.heroeswm.com/help.php?section=1

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 May 2008, 14:42

Nope, this is quite other game. A contestant of its own, to Heroes Kingdom.

I think that it's of a russian proveniece and some time ago here was a video from combat which was very precious one. Above that I don't know nothing more to that.

Huf, huf. Switching back to normal speaking mode. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

knworld
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby knworld » 01 May 2008, 14:47

really?

Because the units and the town images look exactly like Heroes V. The only difference is this game is going to be actual graphic battle vs just math calculation in Heroes Kingdoms.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 May 2008, 15:14

I asssume that they look are, because they are grabbed exactly out of here. The inner images (1, 2,) differ greatly though.

Again, these are two different games. No chance of confusion.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 01 May 2008, 17:00

Is it April Fools' Day again?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

knworld
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby knworld » 01 May 2008, 17:36

Metathron wrote:Is it April Fools' Day again?
Should be may's fool then :D

But I've signed up and started playing. Pretty interesting so far.

Scimitar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Scimitar » 01 May 2008, 20:51

What's with the AI? do you notice any genius moves by it?

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 01 May 2008, 23:18

AI in online game ?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 02 May 2008, 01:32

Well, maybe what he meant is: what happens when you are NOT online, how the AI works your moves (if that happens).
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

avrora
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

here you are:

Unread postby avrora » 02 May 2008, 04:50

Heroes Of War And Money

We are glad to announce the long-expected premiere of our game, the Heroes of War and Money: World Edition.

Warm welcome to all those willing to explore this world of adventures, unforgettable fights and sophisticated interrelations.

Game features:
∙ The game is absolutely free, it runs right in your Internet browser, no need to buy, download or install anything
∙ Tactical duels and group combats of up to 6 players on one battlefield
∙ Cleansing territories from neutral monsters controlled by Improved AI
∙ Large variety of dynamic combat-oriented quests
∙ RPG-system of hero development
∙ Castle construction
∙ An economic model of resource mining and artifact production
∙ Over 100 different artifacts and about 1000 diverse combinations of their modification
∙ Over 100 fantasy creatures with their unique abilities
∙ Possibility to play with 7 different factions, with an option to switch between them nearly anytime
∙ Auctions and trading artifacts, resources and even exotic wares like skeletons
∙ Multiple professions and varied development paths
∙ The "Two Towers" (Arcomage) card game matches against other players
∙ Forum, chat, inset private mail to provide a comfortable communication means

We hope that our game would give you fun and pleasure and let you spend your time with interest!

Best Regards, HeroesWM Team.
www.heroeswm.com

some screenshots

Academy

Hunting

Free for all

Quest war

Tree

Tavern

Group war

Recruiting

Inferno

Inventory

Creature info

Market

www.heroeswm.com
[/url]

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 May 2008, 18:47

Thank you avrora. ;)

Now to the question, who was the first who bring here the info about this game? I know that it was one of ours long time members. Here was link to battle duel. Quite a charming one. It was several months back I dare say.
"We made it!"

knworld
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby knworld » 02 May 2008, 22:54

I picked Necromancer starting out and I'm having a hard time leveling. It's so hard to win in duel with 20 skel and 15 zombies and no magic. It's very slow to level fighting neutrals.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 03 May 2008, 00:29

Nah Pol, i don't think it was this one. There was another one based on Heroes3 i believe, didn't know anything about another...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Scimitar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Scimitar » 03 May 2008, 15:27

Ok, I tried this game, it isn't quite as I thought it was.
There is no strategic part, like running across the map killing creatures, capturing mines and everything. There is a map, but creatures just spawn there once in a while, while all players can combat each other just from the corresponding page. There are no AI players, so they must've meant the neutral creatures. Haven't seen any genius moves, but they do force the cover-up for shooters quite aggressively.
As to the PvP combat part, is extremely enjoyable :-) Just by watching the player's style you can say whether or not he is a HoMM experienced.

Scimitar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Scimitar » 04 May 2008, 05:33

Here's more.

There are currently no secondary abilities of Heroes, but they have a complicated system of faction skills. Let me just quote a local moderator.
Some attention must be payed by newcomers to faction skills.

Every combat brings you certain amount of skill points.
The basic amount of faction points designed for an adversary is 1.00 per party. It can be altered by different rate modifiers, e.g.:
-Hunt. The skill modifier is 0.5. Thus you only get 0.5 skill points after killing the whole party.
-Artifacts. No artifacts equipped lowers the rate, while wearing items raises it slightly.
-In team group combats, heroes divide 1.00 skill points per opponent party in proportion to how much opponent army their creatures and hero killed.

You may learn the amount of faction skills necessary to gain new levels from the experience tables.
http://www.heroeswm.com/help.php?section=10
Note that the bonuses listed in the faction skill table are only given to your creatures, not the hero, and only when you play with that faction.

So what do you need those skills for?

First, they influence the racial abilities of your hero.
Here's some information about which faction heroes possess which ability.
http://www.heroeswm.com/help.php?section=38
As you can see, every faction skill level gives some greater bonus to the your factional performance. Some features aren't documented there, such as an exact listing of wizards' mini-artifacts. You would have to discover those features while playing all along.

Second, is protection from that faction. As you have certainly noticed, you may change your faction every day, trying out some new tactics and picking one or several favorite races. If you have some levels achieved in any faction, you get 3% per level less damage from any parties of that faction regardless of which one you currently play with.
Mixed up? Here's an example.

You gained Necromancer skill level 2, and then decided to try the Knights. No matter how high or low your Knight faction skill level is, you will be getting 2*3=6% less damage from any Necromancer hero (including his or her direct attack or damaging spells) and all his or her creatures.

This makes playing with different factions rather useful.

Let's sum up.
Faction skill levels provide
some bonuses for the creatures of that faction;
http://www.heroeswm.com/help.php?section=10
some bonuses to your unique racial ability;
http://www.heroeswm.com/help.php?section=38
a 3% per level protection from that very faction party.
Note, that this rule on;y extends on hero parties. Neutral creatures will always deal full damage.
Also they say that secondary abilities will be introduced a couple of weeks later. Now this makes up a whole hell of an RPG system.
(BtW, the urls seem accessible even without registering)

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 15 Jun 2008, 18:57

Why does this thing even exist, can't Ubisoft sue their asses for stealing their game (and editing only a bit of it (not even the fun part))?
Grah!

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 15 Jun 2008, 19:04

AFAIK Ubisoft legal department is after them but they're slow.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 15 Jun 2008, 19:26

Thelonious wrote:Why does this thing even exist, can't Ubisoft sue their asses for stealing their game (and editing only a bit of it (not even the fun part))?
Isn't this a non-commercial project?

Not that that's reason enough not to be sued, just thought I'd say it.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Scimitar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Scimitar » 18 Jun 2008, 06:01

Well, that sure isn't a reason. Dunno anything about the relations between them, but the bad thing for UBI is that the game is damn good AND it's free.
I mean come on, they promised the Kingdoms in March--April, but it's June already. I'm playing HoWM since they opened, and I seriously doubt Kingdoms would be anything like it anyway.
So what I mean is, they kill something better, and then create something worse themselves...
Just IMHO of course, maybe instead of killing that project, they should start trying to negotiate.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”