What difficulty do you use in single-player? (H3)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What difficulty do you use in single-player? (H3)

Easy
3%
Normal
15%
Hard
27%
Expert
15%
Expert
15%
Impossible
25%

Total votes: 88

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 24 Apr 2008, 18:17

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Manifest Destiny becomes a MUCH better map if you convert it to Armageddon's Blade format and make all the garrisons NON REMOVABLE. This essentially makes it less of a rush map and more of a tense, true free-for-all map. It makes for a killer multiplayer map.

And to make it even better, replace all the Serpent Fly Hives by Obelisks, and the Dwarf Treasuries by Cyclope Stockpiles (the former give out only crystal, the latter give a balance of resources)

I can make my own modified manifest destiny available for download if you guys want.

I also added a few level 5 units to the garrisons.
yeah,but besides becomin a much better map becomes even a more challenging map than it already is! 8|
anyway make such a modified manifest destiny map and i'll sure give it a try! :D
don't forget to put the download link too!

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 24 Apr 2008, 18:54

http://pages.infinit.net/plague/Z_Manifest_Destiny.h3m

I also re-arranged a little bit the starting locations and mines to make it so that:

- If a castle has a silo that can produce a rare resource, then a mine producing it won't be adjacent to that castle

- If a castle's Upg. level 7 require a resource but its resource silo produces wood+ore, then a mine producing that resource will be adjacent to that castle.

I also removed the special victory condition (capture all mines? Lame)

The Witch Hut in the middle will always teach Pathfinding. (compensates for the swamp in the overland middle, and Dirt in the underground middle)

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 24 Apr 2008, 21:23

Nice work UHO. I'll try it also sometime after finished testing of Yurian's map.
Oh, by the way, could you Pol (or other mod) remove some of my multiple posts on the former page, so that, to leave only one.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 30 Apr 2008, 01:45

Impossible. Anything else and I have no chance of making the Top 10 list.

I do occasionally decide that I need to downgrade, but I at least make the effort to start.

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 02 May 2008, 13:21

goddamn it!
i'm trying buried treasure scenario on impossibnle and it's a real pain in the neck much more than manifest destiny itself!!
the AI keeps on creating tons and tons of heroes coming from all sides and as soon as i try to conquer a city either is well defended or can't manage to hold it for a few days!
i'v attempted tha rush strategy,but in the scenario all the cities are well defended and if one is lucky one time after that it will be only trouble;the enemy heroes are numberless and always manage to take the most powerful artefacts before me and if i,after having gathered a rather good army ,try to go looking for a city or artefacts to take,far from the initial and only city i lose the city and cheerio!
it's really impossible!!
does anybody ever try that scenario with rampart on impossible?
any hints from somebody that has already won it?

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 05 May 2008, 15:16

I just played that map on impossible with Rampart/Green. I won easily around month 3.
Only thing to mention, that AI acted stupidly. He attacked me several times, just to run away with his first move.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Zubbus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Zubbus » 03 Aug 2008, 09:38

I can lose a game of Expert if things really don't go so well, but there's really not enough challenge to keep playing. So I play Impossible even though I lose easily most of the time.

The game needs 1 or 2 more levels between those 2.

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 03 Aug 2008, 13:37

Expert. Until recently, I always played on Normal, but when I discovered I could beat the AI on Expert, I started using it instead. When things look too grim, I give up and start a new game. That's only happened once, though.

The AI is not, even on expert level, comparable to human players.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Return to “Heroes I-IV”