Whats your favorite skill?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 16 Apr 2008, 12:05

MOW also works with other area spells, such as Mass Decay or Fireball/Meteor Shower. It doesn't work with Arcane Crystal or Summon Hive though, real shame for a Wizard... Another interesting use is casting Acrane Armor on 2 stacks at once.
Also, if you use Magnetic Golems, casting the Mark on them before going into melee can be interesting: any area-effect Destructive spell will be doubled on them thus healing them. So a Fireball, for example, will not only burn the enemy, but also resurrect some Golems, and this will happen twice per cast due to the Mark (Master of Fire hurts here though as it will ruin your Golem's armor). Stone Spikes can be used to good effect with that - it's a first-level spell so no Destructive magic proficiency is needed, and it will cause no bad side effects on the Golems.

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 16 Apr 2008, 18:47

Wow, all this time I assumed you can mark only an enemy stack, so I never even tried marking my stack. But you're right. The description of this ability doesn't say anything about which stack you can mark. Obviously, I rarely play Academy.

Does it work even if you don't have the expertise to affect the marked target normally (e.g. you don't have Expert Summoning duplicate a tier-7 creature)?

The effect on Fire Traps sounds like a bug.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 16 Apr 2008, 20:37

It's even funnier when you cast several Firewalls and start to run around with the Magnetic ones :D

yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 17 Apr 2008, 06:29

danhvo wrote:Does it work even if you don't have the expertise to affect the marked target normally (e.g. you don't have Expert Summoning duplicate a tier-7 creature)?
AFAIK no, you cannot override rules with the Mark (ie if the spell cannot affect a unit directly, it won't work via the Mark, too). Plus the Mark doesn't allow you to Puppet Master 2 stacks at once, too (or to make 2 phantoms out of 1 stack at once).

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 21 Apr 2008, 09:24

I never miss logistic skill...speed is too important even on small maps!

Slepytchee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Slepytchee » 25 Apr 2008, 14:18

I agree with logistics, mainly on large mas...

blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby blizzardboy » 11 Jun 2008, 18:40

1) Retributive Strike. Just kidding. This skill sucks. Moving on.

1) Divine Guidance. It is an incredibly useful skill early on for fighting monsters, and it continues to be good up until the final confrontation with your opponent. I'm addicted to it.

2) Dark Revelation. If you don't like your options, but this available, you can always pick it for a second chance. Gives you a free level and allows you take take whatever is available for the next level. It's like having a free visit to a tree.

3) Luck of the Barbarian. +5% magic prof per point of luck is awesome. Assuming you have expert luck, it's like having magic resistance twice, and can further go up to +25%.

4) Retribution. Self-explanatory.

5) Pathfinding. On any map with a significant amount of rough terrain, this is a must.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 04 Jul 2008, 18:42

Favourite Skills

1) Luck
2) Light Magic
3) Dark Magic
4) War Machines
5) Enlightement

Favourite Perks

1) Warlock's Luck
2) Tripple Ballista
3) Empathy
4) Elven Luck
5) Imbue Ballista
6) Refined Mana
7) Fiery Wrath
8) Mana Burst
9) Preparation
10) Distract

Favourite Ultimate
1) Arcane Omniscience
2) Nature's Luck
3) Absolute Rage

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 06 Jul 2008, 14:01

My favorite (and most powerful?) skill/perk is Retribution. The damage bonus it gives (when having high morale) easily outshines even Archery (which increases only the Ranged damage, unlike Retribution which increases both melee and ranged damage)

With 5 Morale (not to mention it can go above), you already have +25% extra damage! That's just almost as Expert Defense (which affects only melee strikes and requires 3 skill points)

As for magic-oriented heroes, I think Empathy is pretty useful too.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”