TV shows (Spoilers!)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 27 Feb 2006, 17:28

I haven't watched TP, but I've got 4 sibling who all think it's awesome, and 3 of them thinks it's the only series which is better than Lost. Lost is... Not really like TP, but there are a few similarities.
And I also like Mr. Eko, too. He's cool. I kinda like everyone except for Ana-Lucia and Sun. Hurley's cool.
I'm back!!!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 27 Feb 2006, 17:54

Believe it or not, I don't really like Jack that much. He's such a self-righteous jerk sometimes. :mad:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 28 Feb 2006, 06:01

Back to 'Lost', if I may. I wonder what theories that others have about what the hell is going on. I have it on good authority that they are not just making it up as they go along and that there are explanations for everything we have seen.

If there is a common thread, all of the survivors (with the possible exception of Walt) have some dark episode in their past for which they need redemption. Perhaps the island is a sort of purgatory where they have one last chance to make good. Kinda like Riverworld.

BTW: The gentleman in question goes by 'Mr. Echo'. And that was the Dharma symbol on the frog.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 28 Feb 2006, 06:13

charleswatkins wrote:Back to 'Lost', if I may. I wonder what theories that others have about what the hell is going on. I have it on good authority that they are not just making it up as they go along and that there are explanations for everything we have seen.
I have the first season on DVD and this is indicated in the special features. Also, having watched some of the "recap" episodes that have been aired lately, some things that initially appeared trivial actually were not so.
If there is a common thread, all of the survivors (with the possible exception of Walt) have some dark episode in their past for which they need redemption. Perhaps the island is a sort of purgatory where they have one last chance to make good. Kinda like Riverworld.
This is definitely a common thread. Perhaps those that are "taken" (such as Walt) are those that do not need redemption?
And that was the Dharma symbol on the frog.
Cool.... of course, otherwise, that long scene really was unnecessary.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 28 Feb 2006, 17:25

I also have Season 1 on DVD. Are the special features worth watching?

EDIT: I forgot to tell you, if I ever finish all my current HoMM4 map projects, I'll promise I'll make a Lost map, size L or XL! I've figured out exactly how this is possible!
I'm back!!!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 28 Feb 2006, 17:46

cherko wrote:I also have Season 1 on DVD. Are the special features worth watching?
Some of them are, if you are a big fan of the show. I particularly enjoyed the interviews with the actors and their original audition tapes. Amusing little tidbit: I just found out recently that the actor who plays the korean man graduated from my undergraduate college about four years prior to when I did.

I have also heard it said that watching the show in HD widescreen is incredible because of the scenery. Makes me wish I had splurged for the upgrade already rather then waiting to treat myself as a graduation gift. :)
EDIT: I forgot to tell you, if I ever finish all my current HoMM4 map projects, I'll promise I'll make a Lost map, size L or XL! I've figured out exactly how this is possible!
That's a great idea!

DemonHunter
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DemonHunter » 28 Feb 2006, 19:51

here in Belgium it will propably take a very long time before the 2nd saison of lost begins :(

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Feb 2006, 19:57

Does anybody else think there are more than just one group of "Others" on the Island?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 01 Mar 2006, 17:33

Corribus wrote:
That's a great idea!
You think so? Ever since I've played that Harry Potter map, I've realized everything is possible if you can imagine it. Just make a few changes to whatever you're trying to copy, and... Of course, some changes would have to be rather bizarre, like Eko being a Dark Priest (he's black, and he's a priest) or Claire being a demonologist (cuz' she's pregnant) and... some characters, like Locke, Jack, Kate, and several others would be fairly easy to make, tho.
And ThunderTitan, I DON'T think so, Dunno why. I just DON'T.
I'm back!!!

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 01 Mar 2006, 17:56

ThunderTitan wrote:Does anybody else think there are more than just one group of "Others" on the Island?
Well, there are several unexplained entities out there, but whether they are 'others' except in a generic sense, I can't say.

In addition to the 'wildmen' we have the child-snatchers, the underground dragger, the whisperers, and whoever Ethan was with. Some of these could be the same groups. At the rate at which boats and aircraft seem to be captured, who knows how many survivor groups there are. The underground thing sounds mechanical, so perhaps there are people living underground.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 01 Mar 2006, 18:13

Don't forget about the guy who was living in the bunker, who Jack saw once back at the stadium. He is now running around the island somewhere, too.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 02 Mar 2006, 03:09

Some comments/questions about this week's Lost (SPOILERS):

1. Mr. Echo is officially a freak.
2. What was the real point behind all of the Hemingway/Dostoevsky discussion? Obviously the captive wants to put a divide between Lock and Jack. Why?
3. What liquid was in the bottle that Kate found in the locker? What was the significance of the fake beard?
4. Was the guy that Ethan was talking to in the one scene outside of the nursery the same guy who kidnapped Walt and the same guy who traded Kate to Jack for all their guns on the hilltop a few weeks ago? He had a beard in those scenes... hmmm...

Anything else?

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 02 Mar 2006, 07:36

1. Yeah, but (other than maybe Sayid), he's the only one I would trust with my life.

2. Brothers K is about how one deals with a troubled conscience -- Locke was saying he was sorry. The captive is playing mind games to try to trick one of them into letting him out. Notice that when Mr Echo came in, the captive did not cry out for help.

3. The bottle was glue for the beard. The 'others' all wear beards.

4. Might be the same guy. Can't believe they would wear fake beards when they went out to sink the raft. Voices were different too, I think.

So what's this vaccine? Remember the guy in the bunker grabbed some bottles of medicine before he left. Do they need children to make it? Why would they cut Claire when she was obviously ready to surrender the baby when it came. Why the hurry?

How many of these Dharma bunkers are there? Apparantly the kidnappers have moved on. Seems like Alex would have had a chance to escape them but she hasn't -- why?

So many questions...

(ps: 'Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog' is getting a series. Yay!)

Boromir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Boromir » 02 Mar 2006, 08:49

It seems that all of us enjoy the 'Lost' series. :) Here, in Poland, the second season has begun several weeks ago.
When I try to think of a show which I enjoyed more, just one comes to my mind: Monty Python's Flying Circus - but that's a bit different, isn't it? ;)
And, coming back to Lost: my favourite character is John Locke - he seems to be very intelligent.
Cheers,
Boromir
For every difficult question there is an easy answer: short, simple and wrong.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 02 Mar 2006, 13:38

charleswatkins wrote: 2. Brothers K is about how one deals with a troubled conscience -- Locke was saying he was sorry.
Or was Locke playing mind games with the captive. I.e., suggesting that maybe the captive should be the one with a guilty conscience.(?)
So what's this vaccine? Remember the guy in the bunker grabbed some bottles of medicine before he left. Do they need children to make it? Why would they cut Claire when she was obviously ready to surrender the baby when it came. Why the hurry?
All good questions...

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 02 Mar 2006, 15:10

Boromir wrote:When I try to think of a show which I enjoyed more, just one comes to my mind: Monty Python's Flying Circus - but that's a bit different, isn't it? ;)
Actually it's something completely different. B-)

Heheh, Steve Irwin was on Sportscenter...
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 02 Mar 2006, 18:04

I've just watched the episode where *spoiler* Charlie goes - nuts. Am I far behind you guys?
I'm back!!!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 02 Mar 2006, 18:07

I'd say you're about 3-4 episodes behind us in the States.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Mar 2006, 00:43

Here, in Brazil, Lost series, beside the one we watch from paytv, is being displayed on regular channels too. Just about to start the second part. Even so, I've just watched 1 episode. I think it was the second one or the third one, because the first one was 2-hour long. It seemed interesting, but I don't have a clue of what happened or what will happen - I can't say a name of any character either. :D I hope I can find a way to watch it later, by buying any DVD or something like that. My "paytved*" friends say it is worth watching.

* Ok, that's because in Brazil, pay-TV is just about 8,7% of the market, while USA is something like 90%. So, for us, having pay-TV is not something usual.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 03 Mar 2006, 06:40

Just got back from the Lost message board with a couple of nuggets.

1. The leader of the 'wildmen' is named Zeke and that was definitely his beard. The question is why he needs to wear it. Would one of the survivors recognize him without it? But since he could always just grow one, that implies he is maintaining two identities.

2. The vaccine bottles had the 'numbers' on their labels.

3. All of the numbers: 4 8 15 16 23 42 are retired uniform numbers of the New York Yankees.

4. Henry Gale (the prisoner) has the same name as Dorothy's uncle in Wizard of Oz.

B-)

Return to “Campfire”