Pet thread (pics would be nice)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Pet thread (pics would be nice)

Unread postby Derek » 25 Feb 2006, 01:00

Just curious if any of the other Round Table have any pets and if they have any interesting stories that involve them.

Edit: Any mod want to edit my horrible killing of the thread title.

(I'm still unclear about the scratches on the photo. Cheap disposable camera!)

My cat, Stinky, has a nasty habit of eating wires throughout the house. This took quite a while to discover as I just figured I kept slamming my cell phone charging cord into drawers all the time. Little did I know that my cat was conspiring against me to prevent me from communicating. I dealt with the proble, just charge the cells in rooms that the cat cannot get to.

Well that worked, until the cat figured out how to open doors anyway. She would actually open up doors just to go in and chew on the cords. I cannot fathom why she would do this, I cannot imagine them tasting good or anything. To counteract this I put a lock on the basement door and just started locking the cat downstairs when I couldn't supervise her.

This didn't work out too well. She began eating the insulation in the basement and started throwing up all over the floor. I knew that the insulation had carcinogens(only if ingested) in it and decided on taking the cat to the vet to see if she was okay. While I was at the vet I explained all of the crazy things that my cat had done. The vet said that I should give the cat some anti-depressent medicine.

Seriously.

Medicine to make my cat feel better because she was depressed...

I started giving the cat her medicine and she promptly starting peeing on the couch. *Sigh*
Hell has frozen over...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Feb 2006, 01:12

Hey, nice cat.. From your description though, I get a sense she's a bit like Bucky in the cartoon "Fuzzy" :)

By the way, people, remember the thing about picture size - have a look at the pictures thread.

PS. title edited.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 25 Feb 2006, 03:30

Kalah wrote:Hey, nice cat.. From your description though, I get a sense she's a bit like Bucky in the cartoon "Fuzzy" :)
I love Get Fuzzy. I have a daily calendar. But you can see a new one every day here: http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/

Ok back on topic.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Feb 2006, 13:44

That's Kim, my seven year old cat. She has a very mild temper, and never bit me more than three or four times in her whole life. She's shy and constantly running away from strangers.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 25 Feb 2006, 19:13

Aw nice pets guys :) I'm a cat person too.

This is Vicko, my 5 yr old cat. He's a natural born killer, only that he kills for pleasure and showoff only, as what birds and mice he kills, he brings them on our front door. He knows what he can and can't do, understands what "yes" and "no" means, knows how to open doors, he is agressive while equally loving and will always follow me or my family members around. He's also very protective when it comes to territory, as he charges at dogs that invade it.

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 26 Feb 2006, 15:49

That's my li'l dog, Zara. She'll be 9 years old next month.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 26 Feb 2006, 16:44

9 years is quite old for a dog! I had a German Shepard at my grandparents that reached 15 years, that's taken as the maximum for the race, and it's one of the breeds that lives the most!

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 26 Feb 2006, 18:27

I've got a dog, it's a mix of more races than I can count to. It's weighs around 35 kilos, and that's nearly as much as I weigh! It's biggest hobby is - eating. She especially likes rotten fish, apples and chewing gum. Couldn't find a pic right now...
I'm back!!!

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 26 Feb 2006, 18:33

This is Pooky-BooPoo, my whale :

Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 26 Feb 2006, 18:51

cherko wrote:I've got a dog, it's a mix of more races than I can count to. It's weighs around 35 kilos, and that's nearly as much as I weigh! It's biggest hobby is - eating. She especially likes rotten fish, apples and chewing gum. Couldn't find a pic right now...
Be careful about giving dogs (and even cats) rotting/old fish - their bone structure, when dried loses it's elastic property and thus proves to be sometimes too much for their guts, and may result in death.

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 26 Feb 2006, 19:30

Wow, nice pets everyone. (Not sure about that whale though... ;| )

Stinky is only about 2 years old and this means she likes to engage in mortal combat with shirts and other such things.

Infiltrator,
Do you trust your cat with a gun?! Stinky would likely kill me...
Hell has frozen over...

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 26 Feb 2006, 19:57

Not only do I entrust him with a gun, I send him on assassinations with it :devious:

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 27 Feb 2006, 17:35

There's no stopping Cleo from eating anything she finds in the forest, but she can handle anything she eats (well sometimes she pukes)
I'm back!!!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 Feb 2006, 07:43

Wow,so many pussy lovers!Im sure Corribus wont be able to ressist this one.

Three cats roam my house freely.Ill try posting their pictures soon,but if Im unable,youll just have to wait for me to get internet at home.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 28 Feb 2006, 10:32

Veldrynus wrote:This is Pooky-BooPoo, my whale :

And I expected a snake, an anaconda would be a great pet for you or maybe a cobra! :-D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Feb 2006, 11:26

My dog, the coziest creature on the face of the Earth. He's a bit loony, though, dragging his blanket around the house etc...

In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Mar 2006, 15:57

OH, I love dogs. Yours is a kind one. Labrador is one of my favorite dogs. But I've just had Fila Brasileiro, Hotweiller (can't remember if it's how to spell), Paulistinha and German Shepherd.

I'll find a pic of them.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 01 Mar 2006, 16:02

Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Mar 2006, 19:14

Finaly got off my ass and found a pic of my cat:

His name is Codiţă! And he's kinda crazy.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Mar 2006, 06:41

Ok,here are some small pics of my kitties:

And this little guy sitting on my computer is a cat,although he acts like a rabbit:

Return to “Campfire”