TV shows (Spoilers!)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

TV shows (Spoilers!)

Unread postby Corribus » 26 Feb 2006, 17:29

I'm a huge fan of Lost. Is anyone else?

Anyway - I have a question. I heard somewhere that in the most recent episode, the frog had the Dharma symbol on its back. Can anyone confirm this? I taped that episode and I must have played it back like 300 times, but the quality of my tape was pretty poor since I had the tape speed set incorrectly.

If there's anything else about the show (or other favorite TV shows) that is worth discussing, discuss it here.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 26 Feb 2006, 18:16

Oh, Lost, I love Lost! My favourite character is Sawyer. Who'se yours? Please don't post any spoilers, here in Sweden we're in the middle of season 2 (unless you download episodes from the web, but I can't cuz' I've got a modem), I've heard people are watching season 3 in america. Is that true? And I don't know about that question, the most recent episode here was some "Lost: Revelation" which was only a summary of all that's happened so far.
I'm back!!!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 Feb 2006, 18:38

cherko wrote:Oh, Lost, I love Lost! My favourite character is Sawyer. Who'se yours? Please don't post any spoilers, here in Sweden we're in the middle of season 2 (unless you download episodes from the web, but I can't cuz' I've got a modem), I've heard people are watching season 3 in america. Is that true? And I don't know about that question, the most recent episode here was some "Lost: Revelation" which was only a summary of all that's happened so far.
I will not post spoilers. We are in the middle of season 2 as well, but maybe a little farther along than you are. They aired Lost: Revelation a few weeks ago I think. So you probably haven't seen the episode I'm referring to... but don't worry that's a spoiler as it's only a very small detail in the episode. But when you see the frog - take a look and see if you see the Dharma symbol on it!

My favorite character? I'm not sure... I like Sawyer too. I also like the tall black guy that doesn't say much. Can't remember his name.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Feb 2006, 20:33

Echo! If ur talking about the new guy from the tail section.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 Feb 2006, 20:39

Right, that's who I'm talking about! Thanks! Yeah, I like him.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 26 Feb 2006, 21:37

Hey, isn't this the show in which that Romanian actreess appeared in an episode? Monica what's-her-name? Too late to be looking up on google, sorry...
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Feb 2006, 21:55

Barladeanu, i belive. She played an Italian. :? :rolleyes:

The numbers are bad, the numbers are bad...

It and Galactica are the best shows ATM. Also, Desperate Houseviwes is pretty good.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 26 Feb 2006, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 Feb 2006, 21:57

ThunderTitan wrote: It and Galactica are the best shows ATM. Also, Desperate Houseviwes is pretty good.
That's a strange combination of shows to like.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Feb 2006, 22:00

Are you kiding me. DH is like crazy funny.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 26 Feb 2006, 22:26

I like Gilmore Girls and ER.

GG because of the way they talk (it's hilarious) firstly, and secondly it has a nice story.

ER because it's so realistical (at least to my knowledge; never been to an actual ER in my life) and intense. I don't know if this can be included in spoiler category, but when Romano's hand got cut off by the helicopter, my mouth actually remained open in awe for at least 10 seconds.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Feb 2006, 22:36

theLuckyDragon wrote:I like Gilmore Girls and ER.

GG because of the way they talk (it's hilarious) firstly, and secondly it has a nice story.
Weirdo. ;)

Got bored with GC a long time ago. Same with ER.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 Feb 2006, 22:39

ER was once a good show, but it long ago turned into a soap opera that just happens to be set in an ER. They should have pulled the plug on that show a few years ago, probably sometime around season 7 or 8, which is when most TV shows jump the shark.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Feb 2006, 22:43

If people would stop watching maybe they would. God, I hate people.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 26 Feb 2006, 22:45

I don't think I've seen seasons as early as that. But if I've only seen the 'soap-opera' seasons, then at least they were better that other's I've seen. Young and the Restless anyone? Or better said, Old and Restless... Or the Bold and the Beautiful and other wierd stuff like that. :|

edit: Yay! I'm brown, round, fell from a palm-tree and migrating! :-D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Feb 2006, 22:50

7000+ episodes. And I love how if you miss 100 episodes the plot is almost at the same stage.

And my fav is Passions, evil witch with talking doll! Man, that one's so stupid... i'm just glad i have some good stuff to watch right now, or i'd still be watching that show out of boredom.

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 26 Feb 2006, 23:49

Twin Peaks...need I say more? :proud:

I've heard some say that Lost is like Twin Peaks. Anyone willing to confirm/deny this? If it is like it I'll likely start watching the show.
Hell has frozen over...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Feb 2006, 23:57

Seeing how I was like 10 when I saw Twin Peaks I can't really tell you. But I know this: it's not even half as scary. :proud:

Friend_of_Gunnar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Friend_of_Gunnar » 27 Feb 2006, 00:24

Derek wrote:Twin Peaks...need I say more? :proud:

I've heard some say that Lost is like Twin Peaks. Anyone willing to confirm/deny this? If it is like it I'll likely start watching the show.

If lost is anything like Twin Peaks then they need to end the show right......NOW!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Feb 2006, 00:27

Was TP really that bad. Can't really tell, as it and Dallas where the only thing on TV back then.

Friend_of_Gunnar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Friend_of_Gunnar » 27 Feb 2006, 04:56

ThunderTitan wrote:Was TP really that bad. Can't really tell, as it and Dallas where the only thing on TV back then.
Twin Peaks was like the school druggee at a party. He would start out entertaining and then gradually get more incoherent until finally he was sitting in the corner mumbling to himself.

It was just about the middle of the second season when the viewer began to ask himself "why am I watching this?"...

Return to “Campfire”