Might and Magic 6 Sound Files

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
dogthenine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magic 6 Sound Files

Unread postby dogthenine » 07 Feb 2006, 16:32

Hey.
I was wondering if there was a way to get the sound files from MM6?
They are imbedded in to the programming.
I know there was a program a long long while back that could get the music out.
But was hoping someone already had them or knew where to get them.
I love the MM6 music. just wanted to add it to the sounds of my computer :)

Thanks!

dogthenine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dogthenine » 07 Feb 2006, 16:43

NM, I found a program on my computer that could open the audio.snd file :)
Track 12 :hoo:

dogthenine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dogthenine » 07 Feb 2006, 16:48

although, i can't seem to export the music OUT :p
So if someone knows how or already has them, i'd still like that info

DemonHunter
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DemonHunter » 07 Feb 2006, 17:27

the music is on CD2 here, I can play it on my cd-player

AndyNZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AndyNZ » 19 Feb 2008, 08:39

I like the music in MMVI too - especially the theme tune that plays in the title screen (as well as on some maps).
It's just a shame that it has lots of background sounds that shouldn't be there, as if it was recorded on a really cheap tape recorder with a bad microphone.

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 19 Feb 2008, 08:59

That background stuff is things like birds or wind. It's meant to be there otherwise walking around New Sorpigal, you would only hear music and no background wildlife noises. Track one, two, three ,eleven and fifteen are especially brilliant.

AndyNZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AndyNZ » 19 Feb 2008, 11:12

accabear wrote:That background stuff is things like birds or wind. It's meant to be there otherwise walking around New Sorpigal, you would only hear music and no background wildlife noises. Track one, two, three ,eleven and fifteen are especially brilliant.
No, I don't mean those background sounds - they are great. :)
No, it's the sound "pops", etc like old record players sometimes make.
I don't think the sound was recorded digitally...

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 19 Feb 2008, 18:14

I exported all the soundtrack with Windows Media Player 9 on Windows XP. Is it this difficult? =/

dogthenine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dogthenine » 19 Feb 2008, 19:36

I don't see the music files on my CD's, so does anyone know how to get them from the CD?

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 20 Feb 2008, 05:28

Just open up Windows Media players, click the 'rip' tab and you should have the CD there with the tracks. If you still don't see any tracks click the drop down next to the 'Now Playing' tab and select the CD in it's drive.

m_g_
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m_g_ » 09 Feb 2011, 17:25

Hi all,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone could offer me any help with this.

I'm trying to rip the sound files from MM6 but can't seem to manage it - there's the Audio.snd file in the 'Sounds' folder within the install directory, but no audio program will open it, and trying to rip tracks from the CD as described above doesn't seem to work - my Media Player (WMP9 under XP) will not acknowledge any audio tracks on the Play CD, and just plays the four .wav files from the 'AUTORUN' folder.

Anything else I can try?

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 09 Feb 2011, 20:02

m_g_ wrote:Hi all,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone could offer me any help with this.

I'm trying to rip the sound files from MM6 but can't seem to manage it - there's the Audio.snd file in the 'Sounds' folder within the install directory, but no audio program will open it, and trying to rip tracks from the CD as described above doesn't seem to work - my Media Player (WMP9 under XP) will not acknowledge any audio tracks on the Play CD, and just plays the four .wav files from the 'AUTORUN' folder.

Anything else I can try?
If it's from a 2-cd set, did you try both discs? Sometimes one disk has the autorun tracks and the other has the actual soundtrack.

m_g_
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m_g_ » 12 Feb 2011, 18:53

MMXAlamar wrote:
m_g_ wrote:Hi all,

Anything else I can try?
If it's from a 2-cd set, did you try both discs? Sometimes one disk has the autorun tracks and the other has the actual soundtrack.
Alamar,

Thanks for your reply. I have the Millenium Edition, so there is the play disc and two install discs. I've tried both of the install discs as well as the play disc and none of the media players I've tried this with recognise any of the discs as containing music. I'm a bit confused :(

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 12 Feb 2011, 19:20

I don't see the music files on my CD's, so does anyone know how to get them from the CD?
You wont see them by just checking from windows explorer. They are stored via pre historic way of storing mucis tracks like old audio players used. Windows Media player have build in option to rip them(depends on version precisely where. usually under tools/options/Rip musci section) or you can use any other program that is fit for such needs.
To get other sound files you probably need some resource extractor.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Feb 2011, 00:31

To get other sound files you probably need some resource extractor.
Gameextractor might work but there will be something better, I'm sure. Check our files section with game preselected.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 13 Feb 2011, 05:52

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 13 Feb 2011, 07:34

Right, people are being confused there. The topic poster was talking about music. m_g_ is actually talking about sounds. So the last suggestion is the best one.

Return to “Might and Magic”