MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
BorG210
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BorG210 » 12 Feb 2008, 11:20

Somehow, can't download neither the mod itself nor the patches. help will be more then welocome.

BorG210
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BorG210 » 12 Feb 2008, 11:38

Correction: everything working, can't wait to get home from studies to start.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 13 Feb 2008, 20:15

I've made a small installation of the mod (8.9M).
http://www.abctop.ru/download/45236 (Press the button under description to download it)
It includes R2Patch.

I'll soon publish the tool I created to do this. It compares two archives and extracts changed files as another archive.

Qusari, I'm curious about your mod and the vanilla version you are mentioning. Can you tell more about them?
Last edited by Anonymous on 13 Feb 2008, 20:49, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 14 Feb 2008, 19:54

Hi all,

I tried to write at BDJ's blog but it doesn't work -perhaps that's why he hasn't a lot of answers- so I registered here to annoy the community :D

1). We play the light path, but when we give Falk (On Emerald isle) the alter pieces for the second cleric promo, he promotes us to priest of DARK!
2). We can not get fire expert in harmondale cause the teacher has a constant headache (I think he seems drunk?). We thought this may have some relation to the arcomage quest, but nothing changed since we compleated it and took the treasure. We now think it may be to do with...
3). ... the lost scroll of Wonka quest! Could someone tell us how on Earth to do this? We're clueless!

(I've applied the R2 patch)
1) Same
2) Same, and I looked for the two Fire expert teachers where they were in the default game (Tatalia and Tularean forest) but one is replaced by the master teacher while the other just vanished
3) Same

All this is not very annoying, but simply a little disturbing. I love the mod though ;)

A little question: I was wondering if it was possible to improve the 'view limits' of the game? You know, above 20 meters from your position, you see the map disappearing. As there is no view limit in the dungeons, I asked myself if the Hex editing could allow to make the same with outdoor maps.

I'm amazed by the amount of work put in this project. GJ!

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 15 Feb 2008, 16:08

On Emerald Island, Blayze gives you the assignment of bringing him the lost scroll of Wonka, and as a reward, he says he will teach your characters Expert Fire Magic (and raises the skill to 8). This is the only way you can get the skill (I think!) Blayze also advises you to look for the Scroll in Barrow Downs.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 15 Feb 2008, 16:29

You'll find scroll in n.1
I play it for third time and it's not really a bug but quest to solve.
Lord Godwinson in BDJ mods for MM 6 and 7

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Just found the mod...

Unread postby bungleau » 19 Feb 2008, 05:54

... and I'm enjoying the hell out of it! MM1 was my first CRPG, and just going through Emerald Isle (with the new twists!) was enough to make me really appreciate playing again!

Asterix15, since you seem to have a connection to BDJ, please pass along my thanks to him for putting the effort into this! I'm enjoying it, and I am sure that others I know will as well, and I'll be telling them about it :)

Also, is there a spot where BDJ is accepting feedback (and assistance, as needed)? I've got some questions about what I'm seeing, and I'd be happy to help make it better... for what that's worth.

BTW, greetings to all here at the Round Table...

*edit* and apparently, I successfully found out how to triple-post! I'll look to see if I can delete two of 'em, but if anyone can point me to it, I'll clean up after myself :D

*edit2* Found it!
Last edited by bungleau on 19 Feb 2008, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 22 Feb 2008, 00:28

Enjoying the mod so far... although it does seem to be very loot-friendly. Made it off Emerald Island with three bows of Carnage... the Wyverns in Avlee didn't stand (much of) a chance... :D

Vilx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

??

Unread postby Vilx » 28 Feb 2008, 15:20

The file disappeared from BDJ downloadable files list! Is there any opportunity to get it?

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 01 Mar 2008, 05:31

BDJ says that he's going to release a second revision of the mod around 9 March, and he's taken the first revision down until then. So that's why you can't find it...

On an unrelated note, can someone tell me where in the **** I can find more town portal passes? I had two, used 'em both, and can't remember where I got them from... and I'd like some more, dammit!

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 01 Mar 2008, 08:30

Town portal passes can be bought in the tavern of Erathia.

Vilx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please,someone

Unread postby Vilx » 01 Mar 2008, 23:11

Please someone, connected to BDJ, tell him, that after Light patch (or it was for the fun?) at least barrell at the roof of someones house is doing nothing. In unpatched version, it granted a mid-level skill.
And thanks for removing endless gold/eperience/items bug with full Deyja map reset on every arrival.
BTW, I didn't received any quests during war from monarchs and probably somehow missed trumpet quest, if it still persists in game.
Yes, and so far thanks to him for returning my interest to MM7.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 01 Mar 2008, 23:38

Merci, Asterix :) That will make tonight's gaming a whole lot more enjoyable... ;)

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 08 Mar 2008, 05:43

Quick question... are there portals in Emerald Island and Barrow Downs? If so, where? I can't seem to find them... :(

Thanks!

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 09 Mar 2008, 09:49

Home Portals? No, there aren't.

Ins
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ins » 09 Mar 2008, 15:26

hey, i registered just to tell you;
great job on working on this game, i've been hoping for some extra playtime with it. it's good to see someone finally put some time into this
it also took me weeks to find a download link for your mod, which i just found here on the fifth page :)
maybe if you want more feedback you could make the download links more public..
either way, keep up the good work.

and now that i'm here anyways, is it possible to place this mod over an original MM7 save?

edit; it works flawlessly but i can't find Sarah of the courier guild. she should be in the same house where i took quixote to kill the dragon with me. except hes in my party and the house is empty. is there a pre-req to meet Sarah?

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 10 Mar 2008, 02:17

Where are you in the game? And is it a new one? She's been there all along for me, although I haven't seen Quixote yet.

And thanks for the note on the home portal in EI. One of the NPCs makes mention of there being a rumor of one, but I've flown around the entire place and can't find it.

Can't wait to get back home this week so I can play some more... and then play the new release when it comes out :)

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 10 Mar 2008, 08:02

MM7Rev4mod R2 has been released!

The R2 Light Path release includes the following changes and additions.

1. Fourty-five new game 'events'.

2. Three new Quests; one essential and two optional.

3. Five 'new' (modified) map (dungeon) areas; The Gauntlet, The Coding Fortress, The Kennel, The Vault, and The Treasury.

4. Five new NPC's including Lord Godwinson and the Coding Wizard.

5. A one-time capability to select a new character class (profession) for each party member.

6. A direct entrance to Yori.

7. An 'altered' essential quest completion sequence prior to 'EndGame'.

8. Various and sundry minor 'tweaks' and 'changes'.

At time of Beta release, a new BLOG entry will be posted to report any problems or 'bugs' with the R2.

Big Daddy Jim
aka: The Coding Wizard
Download

http://blog.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim/

Enjoy Vori!

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 10 Mar 2008, 11:59

I'm going through new version it is rather inciting to be able to recieve-my goodness-second class .

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 10 Mar 2008, 12:30

Download

http://blog.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim/

Enjoy Vori!

Thank you for the news. Just started to play. Previous mod finished (almost ).

Return to “Might and Magic”