Random thoughts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Feb 2008, 18:21

Yes long time ago Fenris did one ( :-D )
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 04 Feb 2008, 07:22

As you may have heard already, MPAA is yet again targeting the Pirate Bay. I just read this in their blog. :D
It also came to our attention that it's now possible to buy the documents, from the police!, in the current investigation about The Pirate Bay. But only on paper. And it's not 4000 pages, it 4620 pages. And they cost 6050 SEK for all of them (about 1000 USD). Our view of it? Why not just make a PDF, make a torrent of the PDF and seed it. We know a perfect place you can do that for free, and nobody would have to pay for all those pages of investigation. And a hell of a lot of trees would be saved... And even though the information in the investigation might be a bit personal at times (alcohol intake, sex addictions) we're not suing the police for commercially exploiting the material they took from us without permission.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 04 Feb 2008, 11:51

I'm not artistic at all, tried my hand at poetry but that was it
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Feb 2008, 15:27

arturchix wrote:As you may have heard already, MPAA is yet again targeting the Pirate Bay. I just read this in their blog. :D
What, they stopped at some point?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 05 Feb 2008, 03:31

I have some artistic skills. None of which are drawing/painting, though.

And, with that, I am leaving. One post away from being... :disagree:
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 05 Feb 2008, 12:05

An overly abundant level 7 unit.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 05 Feb 2008, 15:07

Yes... And, now, I am one... :( :sad:
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 05 Feb 2008, 15:32

Isn't it a true testimony for the weirdness of our society, that we can have a thread titled "violence" in which all kinds of aspects of the issue are discussed, but that a thread titled "sex" discussing aspects of THAT issue would immediately be closed?
ZZZzzzz....

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Feb 2008, 15:40

Jolly Joker wrote:Isn't it a true testimony for the weirdness of our society, that we can have a thread titled "violence" in which all kinds of aspects of the issue are discussed, but that a thread titled "sex" discussing aspects of THAT issue would immediately be closed?
Yes, it's a sort of true irony.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Feb 2008, 15:42

Well, there's violence in the computer game this forum is based on, but no sex (although I'm sure Nival is working on it).

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 05 Feb 2008, 15:44

That's not entirely true though, is it? A thread with the same level of graphical imagery related to violence as those of sex we got a lot of here lately would be deleted instantly, of course. But a thread discussing sex on the same general level as that of the violence thread I'd see no immideate reason to close. Of course, the chance is great that it would quickly degenerate into pure smut, and be closed because of that. This however would in my opinion be comparable to a thread on violence that actually described violence in detail, something I wouldn't want on this forum.

It's all a matter of degrees and how unspecific the thread is, IMO.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 05 Feb 2008, 16:29

I agree. Sort of. However:
It might be interesting to discuss more practical aspects of Sex with, for example, someone like Vel (Hiya) who seems to be a rather, umm, enthusiastic advocat of practising it, and it might even be possible to keep it halfway on serious level.
The same thing for violence might not be quite so difficult as it may seem on first look, even for the penetration equivalent - if we would compare this with a killing: it might just be possible that people here do HAVE served in a war (yup, a war) or have had other extremely unpleasant experiences with violent incidents or accidents - and here it might be possible as well to keep it on a halfway serious level.
We may of course all have "petting" experience in violence so-to-speak, being in some brawl or another, and maybe there are advocats of combinations of both around...
ZZZzzzz....

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Feb 2008, 17:16

Jolly Joker wrote: and maybe there are advocats of combinations of both around...
Here I am thinking of 'blue velvet'.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 05 Feb 2008, 17:59

Good example.
Err, did someone find a body part perchance? I mean, not a broken nail or something...
ZZZzzzz....

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 05 Feb 2008, 18:02

Jolly Joker wrote:Isn't it a true testimony for the weirdness of our society, that we can have a thread titled "violence" in which all kinds of aspects of the issue are discussed, but that a thread titled "sex" discussing aspects of THAT issue would immediately be closed?
What? Someone has deleted a thread about sex? Who was it? I demand justice! I want their blood!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Feb 2008, 21:55

:D there is one about love though ;)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 05 Feb 2008, 22:07

asandir wrote::D there is one about love though ;)
Oh, right. That's almost the same.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Feb 2008, 23:31

I'm bored. Sitting here, working with my thesis and will probably be for some hours yet. Working omorrow, too. Bored, now. Somebody entertain me.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 06 Feb 2008, 00:57

You could try not working on it. I've been doing just that for the past, eh who's countin anyway. I've been splendidly successful, too.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Feb 2008, 01:02

Yeah, I've tried that for a couple of months, but it doesn't satisfy and somehow seems to increase the gap between where progress is and where progress should be.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Campfire”