Might & Magic Warlords Project

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby DrakeBD » 03 Feb 2008, 11:35

jeff wrote:Primarily, they came to find how much of a time commitment their projects really require and when balancing that with real world commitments it ended up that they just did not have the time or motivation to continue. You really can't blame them when comes down to finishing or making happy the husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, son/daughter or the boss who is paying you/instructor who is giving you a grade or the fans, well you can guess which they wisely chose. In some cases the project was just too much like their job and boredom sat in.
Well i know this is gunna be a big commitment but i have allways felt that this type of game should have bin made plus i have the time im a self employed gardener only work 2 weeks outa the month don have any children have a g/f but she is allso helping with the project and boredom dont get to me when it comes to projects because i like to se the finished product THIS WILL WORK the more supporters we get to our forum and the more info we can collect the faster we can get this done the HyperGames2K8 Team plan to make more games than just this one B-) :rumor:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 03 Feb 2008, 14:13

All I can say is good luck, best wishes and :applause: :applause: :applause:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 03 Feb 2008, 16:25

Good luck with the project :)
- Sounds like I should considder a career as a gardener :D
Corlagon wrote:Not all that difficult:

Castle: Erathia, Harmondale
Rampart: AvLee, Tularean Forest (also Vori?)
Tower: Bracada, Celeste
Inferno: Eeofol, Land of the Giants
Necropolis: Deyja, The Pit
Dungeon: Nighon, Eeofol, The Underworld
Stronghold: Krewlod, The World Tree
Fortress: Tatalia
Forge: Moss Valley
Conflux: Moss Valley, Elemental Planes

Anything I missed?
Barrow Downs, Evenmorn Isle and Emerald Isle :D

DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby DrakeBD » 03 Feb 2008, 16:33

yeah gardening good money lol if u have any ideas for the game post them in the hypergames2k8 forum http://hypergame2k8.yuku.com/directory
thanks to all for ya support so far

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 04 Feb 2008, 11:13

Hmm...a mix of MnM rpg and Heroes strategy,
sounds great for me! I wish i could help at development
but i am useless at programing/graphicks so I
just wish you good luck and ofc I give my support
to such projects. Can't w8 to hear more news for
this :)
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby DrakeBD » 04 Feb 2008, 12:54

Lord13 wrote:Hmm...a mix of MnM rpg and Heroes strategy,
sounds great for me! I wish i could help at development
but i am useless at programing/graphicks so I
just wish you good luck and ofc I give my support
to such projects. Can't w8 to hear more news for
this :)
there will be daily posts to the hypergame2k8 forum for everything that is going on at the time and thanks for the support i know i keep saying to ppl thanks but the support is most appreciated B-)

DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

news update

Unread postby DrakeBD » 15 Feb 2008, 11:09

hey again just thought id let you all know that alot more work on the project has bin done modeling is well underway and work on the story is still underway but keep checking the hypergames2k8 website and forum to give your support B-)

DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby DrakeBD » 18 Mar 2008, 21:30

Game Features
Huge world of Antagarich to explore and wage your war on.
Dynamic world includeing storms rain and weather changes with graphics. powered by the unreal engine 3.
Rideable horses and ships.
Over 12 Different castle types each with there own creature dwellings to construct.
Over 24 Different classes each with there own abilities.
Over 17 Different races to choose from.
Over 12 Different main quest lines for single player.
Over 150 Different single and multiplayer NPC quest's.
A spell system like no other.
Ragdoll enemies that can be killed in a variety of creative and intuitive ways. includeing hand to hand combat or if the odds are againsed you use your fully deployable army.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 19 Mar 2008, 03:49

I'm skeptical about this... Is it going to be like MMT or the new town projects where you hardly hear any updates? I'm pretty sure that neither is going to be completed within 1 year.

Nonetheless, your project sounds intriguing, if a little too ambitious. I'm all for seeing a MM/Heroes crossover.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby DrakeBD » 19 Mar 2008, 10:49

Deadguy118 wrote:I'm skeptical about this... Is it going to be like MMT or the new town projects where you hardly hear any updates? I'm pretty sure that neither is going to be completed within 1 year.

Nonetheless, your project sounds intriguing, if a little too ambitious. I'm all for seeing a MM/Heroes crossover.
We have given 2 years to develop this total conversion and progress is going good allthough we do need a few more members to the modding team all updates are posted to the hypergames2k8 forum before they are posted anywhere else plus alot of what we are doing at the moment has to be kept secret

Dont want to give too much away but thanks to the 3d engine we are useing it will make production of this much faster to do more work anyway thanks for the support keep posted

DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby DrakeBD » 19 Mar 2008, 10:50

Deadguy118 wrote:I'm skeptical about this... Is it going to be like MMT or the new town projects where you hardly hear any updates? I'm pretty sure that neither is going to be completed within 1 year.

We have given 2 years to develop this total conversion and progress is going good allthough we do need a few more members to the modding team all updates are posted to the hypergames2k8 forum before they are posted anywhere else plus alot of what we are doing at the moment has to be kept secret

Dont want to give too much away but thanks to the 3d engine we are useing it will make production of this much faster to do more work anyway thanks for the support keep posted

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 19 Mar 2008, 17:19

Hi,
very interesting project. On the other hand the mixture of everything...Multiplayer and possibility to play Single. I think very big effort needed to fulfill this task, so to say...
Anyway, the best wishes.
Unfortunately could not contribute. No any skills to create the games, can only play.
Good luck and waiting for the results.

DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby DrakeBD » 19 Mar 2008, 17:25

Bimbasto wrote:Hi,
very interesting project. On the other hand the mixture of everything...Multiplayer and possibility to play Single. I think very big effort needed to fulfill this task, so to say...
Anyway, the best wishes.
Unfortunately could not contribute. No any skills to create the games, can only play.
Good luck and waiting for the results.
it is going to be a big effort but thanks to the 3d engine it allready supports multiplayer and single player plus alot of other stuff thanks for your support but we would like abit more support on our forum and some more ideas of the people but keep posted for more info

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 24 Mar 2008, 03:48

Those pics remind me a little bit of the elder scrolls 3: Morrowind.Still look great though. But i wonder when images of the true game will be shown. Will it take long or...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 24 Mar 2008, 11:04

Great pictures. Is it planned, that characters could claim up the mountains?
I mean easy claiming. Or Fly will be necessary to have. That's bit annoing, for example in Deja (MM7) if not Fly ability. Just meaning.

DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby DrakeBD » 01 Apr 2008, 12:13

We are tring to keep the game style more to the rpg series so there will be a fly spell and no climbing up mountains and no going for a swim in the water.

The Tester release will be available in 6 months for download from the hypergames2k8 website the tester will include a very small amount of the TC these include.

Spell System
Character Creaton
Weopons
Armour
Deathmatch Multiplayer
5 Maps From Might & Magic Warlords to fight to the death on

But the demo will NOT have any of the castle types and will have nio abilitie to build a town and creat an army im affraid it will just be deathmatch.

here is a few beta screenshots of evermorn isle and in M&M W evermorn isle is not cursed and will have a small town on it

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 02 Apr 2008, 15:48

Wouldn't have had any problems guessing that the islets are the Evermorn Islands. Good work and looking forward to testing it :D

DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby DrakeBD » 03 Apr 2008, 18:29

Here is a render of the ship that will be at most docks It is untextured yet
BEFORE

AFTER

DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby DrakeBD » 06 Apr 2008, 21:01

Sword Of Frost ppl should remember this sword UNTEXTURED