spectral dragon

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
HOMMV_N00B
Peasant
Peasant

spectral dragon

Unread postby HOMMV_N00B » 25 Jan 2008, 18:12

one of the abilities of spectral dragon is dead stare, wich is supposed to give all units -1 morale. I'm getting the feeling this doesn't work. How can I see if it works?

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 25 Jan 2008, 18:23

It works. Just right-click on an enemy and check its morale. Neutral units should be at -1. If you play against a hero's army, you might not see anything cause the hero can have Leadership

HOMMV_N00B
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HOMMV_N00B » 25 Jan 2008, 22:14

If I right click the unit to see wcih effects it has (like basic attack or expert defence) should it show up? I checked it there and nothing is mentiont there.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 25 Jan 2008, 23:23

The effect will only really become apparent if the morale for the unit is -1 in red. It's not that great a special really, given that if all of the units are of the same town and the hero is as well they have +2. Banshee Howl can help make it a little better.

Bahototh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Spectral Dragons ,moral

Unread postby Bahototh » 26 Jan 2008, 09:35

I guess deploying several stacks of Spectral dragons doesn't reduce morale further? Haven't tried this.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Spectral Dragons ,moral

Unread postby Nelgirith » 26 Jan 2008, 10:51

Bahototh wrote:I guess deploying several stacks of Spectral dragons doesn't reduce morale further? Haven't tried this.
Nope, the effect doesn't add up.

@HOMMV_NOOB : It isn't a debuff like a Hex so you won't see it. You have to check the morale value. But as I tried to explain it and as aaelgr said, you might not see anything as the moral value is usually at 1 or even more with normal armies, depending on the unit mixes and the hero's leadership skill or even artifacts.

Also the physical effect of the -1 morale might not kick in at all during a fight as a morale of -1 means the enemy only had 10% chances of having bad morale. But this -1 adds up with Banshee Howl, Sorrow or artifacts effects in order to lower your enemy's morale a lot.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: Spectral Dragons ,moral

Unread postby parcaleste » 26 Jan 2008, 11:16

Nelgirith wrote:
Bahototh wrote:I guess deploying several stacks of Spectral dragons doesn't reduce morale further? Haven't tried this.
Nope, the effect doesn't add up...
And with the Avata of Death as it is more or less the same?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”