MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 24 Jan 2008, 14:54

I'm confused, you posted the mod last week and BDJ has already abandoned the project?

Especially after he spent some effort and time recruiting a trainee?

Of course his time is his to do what he wishes with...but no interest? I've seen posts here and in the ubi forums, and for everyone that posts there are a few who lurk...

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 24 Jan 2008, 15:18

Yes .. I just dont understand.. :tired:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Jan 2008, 02:16

Neither do i, but it'sstill a shame.The mod he made is really awesome :)
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 25 Jan 2008, 03:35

That was rather sudden, I too was thinking that this might have been a revival of Might and Magic in a new playable form but looks like that's not to be be....

This is all rather sad, what made him think there was no interest in this mod?

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 25 Jan 2008, 10:53

Maybe this will help?

Me: "Why would you quit BDJ?"

BDJ: "I’ll answer your question simply because I was raised by parents who taught me a sense of decency, thoughtfulness, and common courtesy towards those who contribute in a positive fashion to community. And you have been of great encouragement and some assist to me in the production and Beta testing of the MM mod.

I have chosen the words "decency", "thoughtfulness, and "common courtesy" carefully in my opening statement, because it’s the lack of these qualities in those whom you claim are enjoying and playing the MM mod game that was the main reason for my decision to ‘early terminate’ my contribution to the MM community.

Take a moment to sift through all of the posts on the FileFront Blog for the MMRev4modR1 download site. You’ll notice that there are only two. Not a single person who is ‘playing’ the game has had the thoughtfulness and decency to take a moment out of their day to show me, the author and programmer of this mod, the common courtesy of even an acknowledgement of my time and effort at this contribution. Not a single contact! I consider this a personal affront to my dedicated 400+ hours of effort to provide the only significant game-changing contribution to the MM community since the release of MM8 years ago. Instead, the players decided to remain safely nestled in their tiny little exclusive ‘cliques’ (forums) to banter things about concerning the game and its release.

Now why on earth would I desire to continue to devote my life’s energies to support such a community?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only way to get him back is to post something at this blog :proud:

We can show him some respect :D

http://blog.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim/

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 25 Jan 2008, 14:48

Because everybody playing the Mod after it was announced here has unlimited time and resources to complete it in . . . count them . . . six WHOLE DAYS!

Okay, sarcasm aside, did his parents bother to teach him patience? I'm lucky if I get an hour of free time each day, and I'm certainly not going to post a review or opinion of anything until I've played it thoroughly. It's common courtesy, thoughtfulness, and decency to give something a full chance before posting impressions.

Yeesh.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 25 Jan 2008, 18:40

Bandobras Took wrote:Because everybody playing the Mod after it was announced here has unlimited time and resources to complete it in . . . count them . . . six WHOLE DAYS!

Okay, sarcasm aside, did his parents bother to teach him patience? I'm lucky if I get an hour of free time each day, and I'm certainly not going to post a review or opinion of anything until I've played it thoroughly. It's common courtesy, thoughtfulness, and decency to give something a full chance before posting impressions.

Yeesh.
What he said!

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 25 Jan 2008, 20:38

I know ..

I had to persuade him because he wasnt even planning to release this mod!!!

BDJ 16 November 2007:" I still refuse to provide what I consider curious ‘wannabees’ with a ‘free ride’ of information before I know that they have performed ‘due dilligence’ in their own efforts and research to ‘master’ the MM7 game structure. So although the Rev 4 mod will not be publicly released, at least I’ll have a reason to complete my mod and a ‘local’ audience for feedback."

:ill: :ill: :ill:

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 25 Jan 2008, 21:04

I just don't understand where all this is coming from. How were we to know he spent 400+ hours working on the thing...? We aren't mind readers or programmers, we can't pull praise out of a hat when we don't have any idea as to the amount of work that's gone into something. ;|

Isn't it a slight lapse of decency and common courtesy to rile up peoples' hopes, make a fine mod then claim that nobody's interested despite plenty of posts in these 'cliques' and abruptly scram without a trace?

Oh well... at least MMT is reliable enough not to give up and die without any warning. :disagree:

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 26 Jan 2008, 02:41

Corlagon wrote:I just don't understand where all this is coming from. How were we to know he spent 400+ hours working on the thing...? We aren't mind readers or programmers, we can't pull praise out of a hat when we don't have any idea as to the amount of work that's gone into something. ;|

Isn't it a slight lapse of decency and common courtesy to rile up peoples' hopes, make a fine mod then claim that nobody's interested despite plenty of posts in these 'cliques' and abruptly scram without a trace?

Oh well... at least MMT is reliable enough not to give up and die without any warning. :disagree:
This is somewhat ridiculous, we all said and reckoned the mod was awesome by posting here and then suddenly BDJ is claiming we are being unappreciative.
nstead, the players decided to remain safely nestled in their tiny little exclusive ‘cliques’ (forums) to banter things about concerning the game and its release.
It's not like we told him to get out of our forums and post his stuff up elsewhere...
Because everybody playing the Mod after it was announced here has unlimited time and resources to complete it in . . . count them . . . six WHOLE DAYS!

Yeesh.

I agree with you there Mr. Took but I'm afraid by doing this all we are really achieving is making BDJ more disillusioned and unhappy. Perhaps he will come to his senses and understand that we do appreciate his mod and perhaps he should actually drop by the forums sometime to have a look at the feedback. Perhaps he won't. I just hope that he does realize most of us are busy people who cannot just dedicate all our time to playing a game and that his 400+ hours were definitely not a waste.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 26 Jan 2008, 04:16

In any event there should be an announcement on the front news page.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 26 Jan 2008, 12:47

There was misunderstanding in last October between BDJ and one user on one of MM forums that is why BDJ thinks like this - quote :

* Instead, the players decided to remain safely nestled in their tiny little exclusive ‘cliques’ (forums) to banter things about concerning the game and its release. *
The user wanted to know if he can receive tutelage in modding,he of course, did not know how high requirements BDJ designed
for people whom he would instruct in modding ,which BDJ revealed on this site in december:
*The ideal candidate would have 2-5 years of machine-level or assembly language programming experience, a couple of years experience in a higher-order language (“C”, Paschal, VB/VBA, “C++”, et al), some database management skills, and an understanding of emulation software and language-interpreter programs. *
So refused fellow answered somewhat hotheadedly , but because nobody
knew how high standards,mentioned above are ,some thought that BDJ refusal breaks the spirit of comraderie amongst MM fans.
I hope this misunderstanding is now cleared

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 29 Jan 2008, 15:27

Ehr... Usually I hate asking for help.- Especially in a MM game, but I've been stuck for 3 days now :(

I've gotten two problems. For one thing, I've just cleaned out the Temple for a seccond time, and was told to go back to Celeste for more quests and the Oracle tells me to go to Robert the Wise. The only problem is that it's impossible to open the door at Robert the Wise's house (just doesn't react - pretty much like the ship outside the Tidewater caves in Tatalia) and I'm not able to find anyone in Celeste willing to give me a quest, so I can continue the storyline.- Although Resurrecta has moved into the Castle.

The other problem is those damned scrolls. I've searched every single map atleat twice and found map 1, 2, 4 and 6, but I've gotten no idea where 3 and 5 is, although I have gotten an idea or two about where the map and the treasure is, but guess it's like with the White Caverns.- Got to get the quest first.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 29 Jan 2008, 15:45

And I seem to have problems with the Lich promotion quest. The lich who gives the quest tells me that a pathway is connected to the Deyja home portal and it would lead me somewhere, but when I try to go to it, it just takes me to Erathia. If I talk to him again, he says the pathway collapsed. I have no idea what's happening or what I should do...

I can't find the fifth scroll, either. :(

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 29 Jan 2008, 18:42

TO @ JUSTICE I have found 1 2 3 5
We can only ask our friend @Asterix15 for directions :)

PS Justice you remember me from Ubi site,aye?
That unyielding champion of M&M rights to live :)
Lord Godwinson in BDJ mods for MM 6 and 7

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 29 Jan 2008, 22:36

Combine them and we have gotten all :D perhaps I'll give it another try now that I know they excist.- Could you perhaps tell me, if you found them indoors or outdoors? Found all mine outdoors, so I've not been searching dungeons.

Yeah, I remember you :) one of the few folkes of the old school :D I've pretty much left that place myself. All the other folkes left and I don't feel like bashing HoMM V for it's lore or discussing it with all the newcomers. And, ofcourse, no MM in sight :(

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 31 Jan 2008, 14:11

Check this site again please.

You will find something new :)

http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 31 Jan 2008, 14:45

2. of February I'll be far away from all civilization in a place with no internet :(
Oh well, guess I can wait a bit :) been pretty good sofar.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 31 Jan 2008, 15:51

For some reason i cannot enter the Dragons Lair in the beginning and therefor i can't seem to find the contesters bow :(. Anyone knows if this is a bug or am i stupid (that'swhat's the case, I KNOW IT!!).
Anyway, help would be nice...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 31 Jan 2008, 16:19

Here

Return to “Might and Magic”