Oh sure, a *console* sequel... ;| :drama: :tsdown: :vomit:
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 18 Jan 2008, 22:57

Kalah wrote:
I just played through BG1 using EasuTuTu - much better that way, even though the water is green... :)
Think of the water as algae infested. Or sea water with lots of plankton.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 Jan 2008, 03:24

a sequel to ToB we need not, a new story with new characters? Bring that on!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 23 Jan 2008, 03:31

Humakt wrote:
Kalah wrote:
I just played through BG1 using EasuTuTu - much better that way, even though the water is green... :)
Think of the water as algae infested. Or sea water with lots of plankton.
There is a fix for that I believe. Check out Easy Tutu degreenfier on Pocket Plane Group. 'Twas a problem with the graphics engine translation of particular elements.

Baulders Gate 3?

Won't work, they can't continue the story after ToB. Perhaps they'll start with a completely new character. I reckon that this so called 'new' development won't get anywhere, it'll just get ditched. Bioware was always really good at making games, I wouldn't trust such an awesome series to the likes of 'another company'.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 Jan 2008, 03:34

me neither, the story makes it great IMO, I'd love them to kick off another new story in the sword coast

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 24 Jan 2008, 03:13

I definitely agree with you stefan! :)

The Sword Coast adventure in BG1 > BG2's adventure
In my opinion, of course.

BG1 just had that certain feel to it.
BG2, while fun (not to mention all of the high-level spells and skills), just wasn't the same.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 24 Jan 2008, 06:21

I really should play BG1, BG2 SoA was particularly good and ToB really lost the fun element because everyone was at just such high levels. By the way I require abit of assistance with Melissan... any help would be well appreciated.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 24 Jan 2008, 11:18

she can be a pain in the rectum certainly - how far are you getting with her? using summons and protections? what's your party like?

I normally have my insane monk pound on her ass, my pally wail on her with Carsomyr, my dual-wielding (Crom Faeyr and complete Flail of Ages) Cleric smash her, while my Archer and Thief shoot the her a lot and the mage goes nutty with high level spells!

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 24 Jan 2008, 12:13

I got past her the first time then I couldn't beat her the second time because I had exhausted far too many spells. Yeah I know about the trap cheese I can use in her second or third fight but I'm taking a rather bad beating in the first battle. I just can't do that much physical damage to her and even stripping her 90% magic resistance doesn't work too well.

Myself as Assassin
Jaheira
Aerie
Edwin
Sarevork
Viconia

What kind of protections should I use? I spell trapped both Edwin and Aerie but that'll only last for the first fight and before the first battle I max buffed everyone with scrolls, protections and such. The problem I am really faced with at the moment is trying to kill her, I haven't been playing for a while and can't remember how I did it the first time. The damage I do is rather pitiful, perhaps more summons are in order, although my problem there is if I use too many then I won't have enough for the following fights.

Trevor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trevor » 13 Mar 2008, 16:34

I just stumbled upon the BG intro package that only includes the first two levels or so of the original Baldur's Gate.

If I play it thru and decide to get the full BG1, can I transfer over my characters? I tend to spend a lot of time fine tuning characters and getting all their items organized just right, and I'd hate to invest all the time if I'll end up just having to start over.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Mar 2008, 11:07

I have no idea, check to see if you can export your characters, if you can you should be golden, otherwise maybe just copy the save files into the full installation and try and import them .... can't give a definitive I'm afraid

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Apr 2008, 16:59

Just played through BG1 again. Fairly difficult, since I dumped Khalid and went through with just 5 characters. And since I didn't have a cleric (Viconia left because I didn't manage to keep my reputation below 18), and I was a sorcerer myself, I was left with a single fighter and not a whole lot of healing power. Still, two mages... that helped a bit.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 20 Apr 2008, 17:50

Kalah wrote:And since I didn't have a cleric (Viconia left because I didn't manage to keep my reputation below 18)
Branwen is not half bad, if you give her the free Ankheg armor (and later the gloves of Ogre Strength)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Apr 2008, 18:10

I thought about that, but I managed with healing potions. The biggest battles were all the harder, though, and I frequently had to "cheat" by going outside the buildings I was in and rest up.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Apr 2008, 04:12

*summons lots of skeleton warriors/elementals/Mordenkainen's swords*

*sends said summoned creatures off to fight the enemy*

*closes the door behind the creatures*

*listens to the sounds of fighting whilst eating supper*

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Apr 2008, 19:38

I remember I used to have a contigency with 3 skeleton warriors when I was playing a mage solo :) A haste and you stay and watch.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 24 Apr 2008, 20:18

i never managed to finish baldur's gate 1. Finished bg2 twice but bg1 seemed boring in comparison.

Started playing it 3 times, and quited 2 times in BG city, once somewhere in chapter 3.

I need to give it a fourth go.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Apr 2008, 20:58

:oex: I just defeated Demogorgon! BOO-YAAH!! :-D

*ahem*

Of, course. No problem.

... actually, I had thought I would have to dump the difficulty level, but I didn't. 8| I defeated him fair and square, using a planetar, some Mordenkainen's swords and a lot of asswhopping. I'm a sorcerer wearing the Robe of Vecna, and having quick casting time certainly helped. I had Minsc dual-wield the Crom Feyr and Celestial Fury on him, and Viconia used the Flail of Ages. The rest of us stood back and pummeled him with spells and ammo. His Mariliths went for the summoned beasts, so we could concentrate on the demon itself.

...first time ever tried doing it, and defeating him right away, no reloads or anything... :-D

Of course.

I knew that would happen.

*ahem*

Well.

*sips tea*

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 May 2008, 01:10

Playing through BG2. Again. Yes, I know, I have no life. Anyway, I'm playing as a thief this time, so I've done without that buttwipe Yoshimo :) Also, I'm very very evil, and that's also quite a lot of fun. Being a thief is more fun, though... I was just wandering through Suldanesselar, killing things that got in my way, when I came across this drow mage Raamilat and his pet demon. I usually have a bit of trouble with this particular battle, since Raamilat is an accomplished mage. This time, however, I snuck up on him from behind, and hacked him to pieces before he could even sniff me coming. :-D

Oh, here's a goodie: since I'm evil, I kept Neb's nasty cutter. I planned to keep it until it ran out of poison, and then sell it. By some buggy coincidence, I managed to sell it to some duergar for about 1.5 million GP... 8| (see proof below)

I was using the cutter in my off hand (dual wield), and occasionally moved it to my right hand just to see how many doses of poison were left. It was moving down to zero, and the next time I checked it was 15.000-something. Apparently, those duergar in the Underdark thought that was a really cool item, and so they took it off my hands for about one and a half million. It didn't appear in their stores afterwards, so I'm guessing they weren't too eager to sell it back to me. ;)

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 12 May 2008, 01:19

8|

A certain someone isn't going to need to pick up items to sell anymore. ;)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”