[Storyline] Post-Reckoning Archibald Ironfist

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

[Storyline] Post-Reckoning Archibald Ironfist

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 15 Jan 2008, 14:14

Everyone knows that Roland and Catherine are perised during the clash of Swords of Frost and Armageddon's Blade

Everyone knows their only son. Nicolai Ironfist. escaped and lived as a commoner at "Rysh" continent in Axeoth

But what about Roland's arch nemesis. Archibald Ironfist?

Did he perished with the doomed world? or Did he made it through the gate to Axeoth?

if he didn't perished with that world. where does he live by now?

that cunning bad guy is on to something... some nemesis.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Jan 2008, 14:23

For example I don't know it. :|
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 15 Jan 2008, 15:10

There's a good chance they're all dead. However, since there's no confirmation and Ubisoft most likely will never return to the old storyline, this is a good place for fan-made stuff. ;)

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 15 Jan 2008, 15:37

arturchix wrote:There's a good chance they're all dead. However, since there's no confirmation and Ubisoft most likely will never return to the old storyline, this is a good place for fan-made stuff. ;)
Indeed. And by the way, I have a few ideas about good old Archie... But seeing how fast I progress on LotA (irony inside)... well, I think I'll get to this part in 2010 or something...

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 15 Jan 2008, 16:15

mmm.. last time i saw him is in Might and Magic 7
As i choose to sided with NWC first. then Bracada sultanate (which main story line is).... Coup d'Etat occured in Deyja HQ after several quests assigned by Gavin Magnus.... Archibald has been evicted to a cranky alchemist's lab... and imprisoned by Turalean elves since then....

but alchemist lab is NOT a perfect prison because he still has freedom to do things. craft nasty weapons (firearms :p i guess) and sell them to regnan pirates....

by the time of the destruction.

he should bring those nasty knowledge to Axeoth too!

it is possible that he will try to conquer Axeoth and get rid of Nicolai once and for all! (he hates the lil prince because he's an offspring of Archibald's arch enemy!)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 15 Jan 2008, 17:45

Hold on a second. I think you forget that Archibald is far less malevolent than before. Judging from his last few lines in the series, I doubt we'd see him selling guns to pirates or going on a rampage:

"Hello, my friends…you are still my friends, aren't you? My "advisors", my "lieutenants" [Archibald spits out the words], have the Pit, and their dreams of conquest. I have come to realize they did not need me, nor did they want to study our art.

They want a world where there are no Kings, no loyalty, and no honor. Just them and their slaves. Well, they can have it! After the soul jars were stolen, my lieutenants just shrugged, as though it was wagon wheels, or chickens that went missing, not the keys to immortality! We were so close to devising a way to keep the body from decay after the Ritual was performed! Now this--a setback that will cost decades.

So, we have moved here--thanks to you--to continue our studies. For what it's worth, I have renounced my claim to the throne of Enroth. I don't think anyone believes me, but that shouldn't matter. This island is quite secure, and we have fixed the breach that let you infiltrate it in the first place. "
"Find what you're looking for? Don't worry--I'm not too angry that you invaded. Most of my minions will regenerate, one way or the other. There's not even much treasure left.

[Sigh] Well, if you're here to fight us in the name of the Light, don't bother. I've given up the conquest business. My former allies [Archibald spits on the ground] have abandoned our great achievements in the arts of Necromancy, and now seek merely to conquer the world. I have little doubt they will succeed. It won't go well for you and your masters if they do.

[Archibald looks at you more closely, now] Then again, perhaps they won't. You have the smell of fate about you, as though you are destined for great things. Perhaps you will stop them. But smart money still bets against you."

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 16 Jan 2008, 12:53

mmm... Archibald to align with "GOOD" side in Legends of the Ancients (?).... and by now. which "class" suits him best?
Alchemist? Noblemen? Warlock? or Necromancer??

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 16 Jan 2008, 13:16

Warlock. As ever. ;)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 11 Jul 2011, 22:28

Corlagon wrote:Warlock. As ever. ;)
So he wasn't always a Necromancer?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 12 Jul 2011, 04:00

Xfing wrote:
Corlagon wrote:Warlock. As ever. ;)
So he wasn't always a Necromancer?
IIRC (I played Heroes 2 long time ago) when he joins you in the final scenario, he has class of Warlock.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 12 Jul 2011, 06:05

He always was warlock even when he was head of Necromancer Guild in Deyja.
Warlock (in HoMM2) could learn all skill including necromancy.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 12 Jul 2011, 07:32

... and Leadership, lol. Necromancers do not.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 12 Jul 2011, 08:22

Archibald was both Necromancer and Warlock.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 12 Jul 2011, 09:19

Why he wasn't Barbarian as well? :devil:

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 12 Jul 2011, 12:14

Because he wasn't Barbarian anywhere.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Return to “Might and Magic”