Favourite faction in H5 - 2007

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Haven
15%
Inferno
5%
Necropolis
18%
Dungeon
13%
Sylvan
12%
Academy
16%
Fortress
7%
Stronghold
13%

Total votes: 92

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 23 Dec 2007, 13:19

Vote for your favourite faction of year 2007!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Heretic_Cata
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Heretic_Cata » 23 Dec 2007, 15:42

Random of course
"Be who you are and say what you feel - those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 23 Dec 2007, 15:47

Inferno. Hands down my favorite.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Dec 2007, 16:22

Necropolis ftw. The undead have always been my favorite in the Heroes series.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 23 Dec 2007, 16:29

strongehold ofc.
most fun to play with
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 23 Dec 2007, 17:49

i like fortress for 2 reasons. first, they are pretty overpowered which makes them awesome! :D :-D second, well... just look at my avatar and nickname! :D :proud:
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

Tensho
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Tensho » 23 Dec 2007, 18:56

i like haven,sylvan,fortress.Most imba factions :-D
however i like to play with everything
Dont angry the banana!

Crazed
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crazed » 24 Dec 2007, 10:29

Stronghold, because orcs are win.
Orcs for the win.
CRAZED IS A NERD

Leded
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Leded » 24 Dec 2007, 16:54

i been hearing necros are an overpowered faction. whats the word on the most "under"powered one then?

P0i50Z
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby P0i50Z » 24 Dec 2007, 21:02

I choosed Inferno.They were the only one UNDERpowered...but my Mod should have the effect I expected and bring them back into action :devil:

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 Dec 2007, 21:13

Underpowered? Not the statement I would agree on. I have easy play with theme and my friend can never lose when he plays with theme.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 24 Dec 2007, 23:20

Inferno is definitely not underpowered. Sucubbi are awesome shooters with their chain shots.

P0i50Z
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby P0i50Z » 24 Dec 2007, 23:59

The Mad Dragon wrote:Inferno is definitely not underpowered. Sucubbi are awesome shooters with their chain shots.
Yeah that may be, but you're takin' them in particular.Compare them with a really powerfull faction, such as Dungeon and the result will be dissappointing.Seriously now, don't you agree they're the weakest by a bit too much in TotE?Just take everything into consideration...

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 25 Dec 2007, 00:12

Inferno have one of the most powerful racial skills, probably the 3rd most powerful creatures (after Dungeon and Sylvan), and have a powerful might hero who also makes a powerful dark caster. And for anyone who hasn't tried them, Seducers are phenomenal.

Inferno seem weak because of a poor hero lineup (2 with sorcery, 1 with destructive magic, and none with dark magic...) and because they have huge first week creeping problems. But late on in a large game, they are one of the most powerful factions.

Leded
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Leded » 25 Dec 2007, 01:16

i think the inferno faction shines more on castle sieges, you can gate troops in right inside on em and harass their shooters pretty easily.

seems like the Haven town gets little attention though, i mean if you can get a hero rockin with some high attack, your troops can steam roll most others.

light magic is a plus, mass buffing your army is win, and if you have resurrection backed up another nice one :D or mass haste your army and mass slow theirs :D

i didn't care too much for the Sylvan faction though, not sure why. their racial is just too "specialized" to be really affective in a big game.

P0i50Z
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby P0i50Z » 25 Dec 2007, 09:14

tb5841 wrote:Inferno have one of the most powerful racial skills, probably the 3rd most powerful creatures (after Dungeon and Sylvan), and have a powerful might hero who also makes a powerful dark caster. And for anyone who hasn't tried them, Seducers are phenomenal.

Inferno seem weak because of a poor hero lineup (2 with sorcery, 1 with destructive magic, and none with dark magic...) and because they have huge first week creeping problems. But late on in a large game, they are one of the most powerful factions.
Well, Academy has better creatures so it's actually only the 4th most powerful faction as creatures but Stronghold can overpass them because of they're Blood Rage racial skill and they're numbers (the biggest growth of them all) and Necropolis can also surpass them because of they're numbers (we all know) and they are very weak because they're also the most unbalanced faction in the whole game.They're racial skill can also easily be disposed of by killing the original units, wich is very easy with an army a Haven Hero can make by using its Traing ability.And also take a look at they're creatures statistics (just statistics) and compare them with Dungeon's and you'll see almost twice more powerful creatures at the Dark Elves's side.If you compare they're abilities you'll be even more dissappointed (not that Inferno wouldn't have they're powerful abilities, but those are quite rare, while Dungeon has brilliant abilities in every creature it posses, with the exception of the Minotaurs).

Tensho
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Tensho » 25 Dec 2007, 10:24

No one has voted for Haven?What the hell :flame:
Dont angry the banana!

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 25 Dec 2007, 10:56

P0i50Z:
Of course Dungeon has the most powerful creatures and casters. The same thing was in H1, H2, H3 and H4. But they have money problems because nothing of that is cheap.
Opposing to theme, I never had money problems with Inferno and their gating is damned powerful if you combine it with Swift Gating and Swarm gate and few other skills. It becomes destructive when you summon 20 Pit Lords from 15 Pit Lords and make theme all cast Meteor Shower. Not to mention how happy enemy can be when you gate devils if you have Ultimate Gating or when you summon anything with Urgash's Call.
i didn't care too much for the Sylvan faction though, not sure why. their racial is just too "specialized" to be really affective in a big game.
Avenager skill became better in TotE because it now affects both upgraded and unupgraded creatures.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 25 Dec 2007, 13:16

You guys are talking how Dungeon is powerful, yet only me voted Dungeon... :)

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 25 Dec 2007, 13:29

Favorite doesn't meen Strongest, lol...

Сиреч, май темата не е баш за това :-D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”