Official Bug Thread

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Official Bug Thread

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 03 Feb 2006, 03:19

After days of beta-testing, the testers have listed many of the errors found in the game on the Official Forum. The list of bugs is almost 2 pages long and still counting which is worth checking out.

The numbers of errors in the <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... ">Official Heroes V Open Beta Bug Thread</a> is just another proof that Heroes V needs more time of fine-tuning and refining before it is shipped globally. The game, developed by Nival Interactive, can’t have another bad thing in common with Heroes of Might and Magic IV, can’t it?

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1138936760
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

madcat_lives
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Official Bug Thread

Unread postby madcat_lives » 03 Feb 2006, 04:36

I am glad they found alot now, that means thiose bugs won't be there. Maybe April should be the new date for the game to come out. If they work really hard on this, I can see this being #1 game of the year.
Let them think they are winning, when they find out they are losing, its too late.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Official Bug Thread

Unread postby Arzang » 03 Feb 2006, 10:36

16 pages=/, ouch.

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Official Bug Thread

Unread postby Rhutobello » 03 Feb 2006, 12:21

Maybe april you say?

What year then?

I think they needed that breake and more to polish this game before they climb number 1.....but I indeed hope they manage:)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Official Bug Thread

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Feb 2006, 14:33

I'm glad we still call it "fine tuning"...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Official Bug Thread

Unread postby Psychobabble » 03 Feb 2006, 23:25

Read that list (which doesn't include the "known" bugs) and weep... "Tactics skill does nothing", "Ring of Lightning protection actually makes lightning based spells 50% stronger", "Initiative Queue (the bar at the bottom during combat) cannot display units with more than 99 troops. E.g. if you have 181 troops, it will display 81", "Summon creature spell costs 0 mana and does not work." "Deleting a save game deletes all save games" "Retaliation gives Holy Strike intead." and no less than 3 resource silos give the wrong resource! I hope they have enough time to fix the game...
Edited on Fri, Feb 03 2006, 16:26 by Psychobabble

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Official Bug Thread

Unread postby Labyrinth » 04 Feb 2006, 23:15

Now this is a nice news item for the press to catch :D
What the #$*! do we know?

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Official Bug Thread

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 05 Feb 2006, 04:17

I encountered some funny ones while I was playing. Demiliches do not have a 'damage taken' animation, they just sit there. And yes, retaliation gives Holy charge, i was dissapointed. My friend said some of his spells didn't do the dmg it said they would do. One spell, Stone Spikes, did nothing at all, and the animation involved no spikes. Also, in the mage guild in the Haven, the buttons have no pictures, and when you rollover them, they say "JavaDoBackScript" and stuff.Even though it is scary, it is actually very funny to watch.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Official Bug Thread

Unread postby Orfinn » 06 Feb 2006, 06:51

Wow! Those are some serious bugs and theres ALOT more of them. They have to be eliminated! Still bug hunting is funny =D

HV should be delayed to May or Juni.
Edited on Sun, Feb 05 2006, 23:53 by Orfinn

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Official Bug Thread

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 19 Feb 2006, 03:32

Hey I found some more, dunno if these have been spotted already or not....

- When i entered a Subterranean Gate as a Haven Knight, I got to the Sub-Level fine. but when I passed by the entrance to the surface again(Not entering it), my hero was warped to the surface level facing the gate down as if he were about to go down. I could perform no actions, the mouse could onyl highlight, but that was it. The cursor was stuck as an hourglass the whole time. I had trouble getting out of the program.

-When I entered all my battles, the chat list reversed it's order, or renewed all the previous chat that had faded, or repeated a few of the chat lines over and over.

- My Haven castle got "empowered" spells, which should only be available to Warlocks with the proper ability. As such, my hero could not even cast the spells at all.

- My friend was playing as a Dungeon. When he clicked to buy the Minotaur Dwelling, it instead built the Dragon Rider dwelling. When he tried to buy it again, he only got the upgrade for Dragon Riders instead. Not sure if he paid less resources.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Return to “News”