The Producer and the King Speak

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Feb 2006, 02:28

Today, the Heroes V producer posted a <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 14">second letter on the official forums</a>, this time about the beta test. Here is an excerpt about the amount of feedback received:

<i>"In the end, running a beta test is about getting feedback, and we had a truckload in this respect. Even by weeding out the duplicates and the unrealistic suggestions, we had a lot more than a thousand items in the list to browse, in just three months. I think around a large third of this has been integrated, although not quickly enough for the beta testers to actually see their ideas in the game.</i>

I found out that another member of the development team visited the Ubisoft forum this week. None other than <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 23204">Rob King</a> gave the fans an idea of what the game will sound like:

<i>"Paul Romero and myself worked pretty damn hard on it. I hope we provided some beautiful melodies to hum along too. For me I really love the Sylvan, Academy, Haven and main menu theme. Also the new combat tunes came out pretty cool as well as the adventure themes, but I am a sucker for the sweet melodies ya know..... I really hope you guys like it."</i>

Rob also talks briefly about how the music of the first Heroes games in a post on the second page of the thread. <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 4314">Have a look</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1140229719
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

HellSpawn
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HellSpawn » 18 Feb 2006, 05:02

Well, I'm glad that the music has gone back to the traditional epic type..

I talk to my fellow players, and they all agree.

We have all complained about homm4 music, and it's great that they went back to the homm 1-3 spirit, because we all believe that the music makes half of the game..

I can't wait to hear the rest of the tracks:)
Holding on is easier, then letting go.

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Marcus333 » 18 Feb 2006, 12:15

I like all the music from the Heroes series, and I wouldn't have changed some of it, if I had the chance. Each music style is fitting for the particular game.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 Feb 2006, 12:54

*humming* listen to the music lalatralalla, hehe =P

The game will have great music, even the pause between the turns music will improve to, I hope. The pause music have never been good in any HOMM game for my taste, its either weird, boring or to repitive.

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 18 Feb 2006, 14:15

I assume the music has changed since the start of the open beta, yes?

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 18 Feb 2006, 22:57

It's nice that they've returned to the epic themes. But I do hope that the Leprchaun Loop will be back, at least somewhere in the game.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 19 Feb 2006, 11:50

Yeah that lep-loop is pretty classic, its a must!

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Feb 2006, 22:05

I forgot to mention that Rob King's nickname on the official board is RedDelicious1 (inspired by the name of his band).
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 20 Feb 2006, 03:48

I must admit, even the H5 music from the beta test is very good. I also am glad they reverted to H1-3 style music. H4 had some good music, but H5 just has this great feeling when you listen to the music. I also think it's better because there is less opera, and whatever there is, it's good. H4 was notorious for opera, especially in towns. That anoyed the crap out of me, especially because it was bad opera. I usually don't mind opera, but.........
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 20 Feb 2006, 05:50

I do prefer H2 music to H3 music, though H3 has some good tunes.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

umfridus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby umfridus » 20 Feb 2006, 09:33

So far, the one piece of music that I really loved in H5 is the magnificant haven theme (which happens to be operatic). The intro music is pretty good as well.

Again we are seeing some H4 bashing here. I thought the (IMO very nice) H4 music was a return to H2 style after the orchestral H3 music? And now people are singling it out like an anomaly. *sigh*
Edited on Mon, Feb 20 2006, 02:37 by umfridus

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 20 Feb 2006, 09:51

Well my fav was H2, music wise. Haven is nice, but all the other tracks (incl. academy which is almost a carbon copy of the main menu theme) should get replacements.
Infiltrator out.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 20 Feb 2006, 10:05

Actually I like the fact that the music in H5 has a "main theme" that comes back in a form or another in every town theme. The main menu, academy, sylvan and haven themes are my favorite so far (I think the "evil" themes lacks some melody). Actually, anybody noticed the main menu theme starts and ends with the melody of the nature/witch town from heroes 2 ?
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 21 Feb 2006, 20:48

Although the Haven theme is operatic, I really don't mind. My all time fav so far is the Sylvan. I think its the perfect balance of culture and HOMM. The Academy is awful, uts just loud and annoying. I haven't heard Dungeon, Inferno, or Necropolis, but I heard the evil themes are lacking. The main menu theme is enjoyable as well.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Return to “News”