Sound problems in World of Xeen

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Sound problems in World of Xeen

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 24 Nov 2007, 21:36

I've been playing WoX on DosBox, and not all the sounds are working.
The music and effects are fine, but I can't here some of the speech, for example in the intros.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Nov 2007, 21:48

That depends, probably, on how's your DOSBOX and WoX configured. Check if the game is configured by the same rule as you will see after DOSBOX launch, usually SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 T4 (may differ based on which card you are emulating, sometimes may help to reassign IRQ but since it's not true DOS the problem must been in the game)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 25 Nov 2007, 03:03

The safest DOSBox emulation seems to be SoundBlaster for both settings. Getting too fancy on the settings can cause issues, though I've enjoyed a different setting for really good music.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 05 Dec 2007, 11:10

1. try geting newer version of dosbox.
2. try getting another copy of game. Another site or reinstall it. I had problem that WOX crashed on sound every time i tried to launc unless i get another version.

Return to “Might and Magic”