Does haste really not work in MM7? (heard this a few times)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
cruzader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Does haste really not work in MM7? (heard this a few times)

Unread postby cruzader » 05 Dec 2007, 05:10

if it doesn't work, I think my cleric will go dark instead of light. (Hour of Power not as good then, and she can still cast the rest of those effects with individual spells.) I am thinking about a party with no Sorc, maybe a Druid. So I won't have a high-level Light magic user. thx

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 05 Dec 2007, 11:04

I can assure it does work.
Best way to test and see notable diference is equiping team with blasters and check diference. In one case it will be nonstop burst while without it will be 4 shots and noticable pause.Besides game is easy enaugh to be finished with any team. Only thing that is nescesary to prevent game from becoming frustrating is GM body for Magic protection to prevent insta kill.

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 05 Dec 2007, 20:31

Haste works just fine for me. Not so much with larger weapons (axe, sword, or spears) but it greatly increases my number of attacks with daggers and staffs. I have not noticed any change with maces or unarmed attacks at all.
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 06 Dec 2007, 00:04

Hatste is good :),works fine everytime!!!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Does haste really not work in MM7? (heard this a few ti

Unread postby HodgePodge » 06 Dec 2007, 03:18

cruzader wrote:if it doesn't work, I think my cleric will go dark instead of light. (Hour of Power not as good then, and she can still cast the rest of those effects with individual spells.) I am thinking about a party with no Sorc, maybe a Druid. So I won't have a high-level Light magic user. thx
In MM7, Haste isn't the only fantastic spell for Light Path. Take Day of the Gods & Day of Protection spells, they are unbeatable for making your party powerful and receiving less damage. And Summon Light Elemental is also a great spell as you can summon a Light Elemental to help you fight tough battles and take a great deal of damage. Also, Prismatic Light (indoor mass damage spell) & Sunray (a powerful outdoor spell to target one target). Paralyze is also pretty good too. :-D

Go Druid if you like; but Druids can't learn GM in any of the Elemental or Self Magics and can't learn either Light or Dark. If you must have a Druid, make them a backup to your Cleric & Sorcerer. The only skills a Druid can GM in are Alchemy & Meditation. They can Master in all of the Elemental & Self Magics and can also Master in Dagger. Not too shabby a character but still, you may need those GM Magic Skills later in the game.

Of all the games I've played, my favorite party lineups are:

Paladin, Archer, Cleric, Sorcerer or Paladin, Druid, Cleric, Sorcerer

Although I am in the middle of an all magic game, Cleric, Sorcerer, Cleric, Sorcerer … it was quite difficult at first but later in the game, my Magic weilding characters became very powerful. Just my Image
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

cruzader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

thanks

Unread postby cruzader » 06 Dec 2007, 06:16

seriously thx for the help everyone...these are the kind of things not talked about in most faqs/walkthrus or in the manual.

Current party: Archer, Monk, Paladin, Sorc

Hopefully the Pally can be enough of a healer, will probably have to rely on Lloyd's Beacon im some spots. I like the Archer (Spear/Dagger and taking some elemental magic burden off of the sorc), the Sorc will go Light Side. Hoping Monk can do some Disarm Trap until someone gets Master Earth (Telekinesis) and maybe do some stealing too.

getting MM6 from Amazon for $6 after shipping (Jewel case only)...

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: thanks

Unread postby HodgePodge » 06 Dec 2007, 06:22

cruzader wrote:seriously thx for the help everyone...these are the kind of things not talked about in most faqs/walkthrus or in the manual.

Hopefully the Pally can be enough of a healer, will probably have to rely on Lloyd's Beacon im some spots. I like the Archer (Spear/Dagger and taking some elemental magic burden off of the sorc), the Sorc will go Light Side. Hoping Monk can do some Disarm Trap until someone gets Master Earth (Telekinesis) and maybe do some stealing too.

getting MM6 from Amazon for $6 after shipping (Jewel case only)...
COOL!! $6? You'll love it! I love MM6 even better than MM7 but that's probably because I played MM6 first, then MM7. If you love MM7, you're in for a real treat with MM6. More monsters, tougher dungeons, not as many restrictions, but you don't get a castle to store stuff and there's no path to choose from. But I'm sure you'll really love the game.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 06 Dec 2007, 06:41

Well its nothing unbeatable for game and can still prove to be good party. But without GM body(cleric only) game can become frustrating at points like maze, tolberti or any other insta kill place. You will have to think real hard to avoid being oneshoted.
Also unfortunately game is designed that only thief can be gm disarm or master level for monk(dark side only) so you will have to aquire prety many rings/amulets or other junk with + disarm skill to compensate that x3 multiplier for master instead of x2 for expert. Best way to do it is to check same shop several times with relaoding each time unless you consider that as exploiting.
maybe do some stealing too
Cant be aquired for light side of monk. Altough its not that useful since npc generaly arnt rich and stealing from guilds which is biggest money sink isnt posible and shops dosnt offer that much expensive stuff. There is couple good uses for stealing but they require pretty high skill and generaly isnt too needed.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 06 Dec 2007, 15:15

tress wrote:
Well its nothing unbeatable for game and can still prove to be good party. But without GM body(cleric only) game can become frustrating at points like maze, tolberti or any other insta kill place. You will have to think real hard to avoid being oneshoted.
Tolberti won't be that hard. He should have GM mace by then, he just needs to get lucky and paralyze Tolberti early. Probably be using Invisibility in the Titan's Stronghold, though. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Alan06
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alan06 » 06 Dec 2007, 17:18

the only way to paralize tolberti is with gm mace, he has inmunity to light.. no ?

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 06 Dec 2007, 17:51

To me the best way to deal with Tolberti is by protecting yourself with GM protection from magic and GM shield spell and to hit him the first round with Mass Distortion. Minor earth magic spells like slow and stun seem to work supprisingly well upon him. Neither light or dark spells seem to affect him at all but sparks can tear him down fairly fast after casting mass distortion.
Paladins, sorcerers, and clerics are most effective against him as paladins can have GM shield and mace (both big plusses when dealing with him,) while the sorcerers and clerics can offer the GM strength spells that I mentioned above.
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

Alan06
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alan06 » 06 Dec 2007, 17:55

yes that is the best way... but you need a cleric.
If you dont have a cleric you will not have GM protection from magic

Another way is fighting without turn base mode, evading his attacks he will heal himself i know but i killed him using that strategy

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 06 Dec 2007, 22:58

Well even considering any team can finish game. Playing without cleric makes game much more dificult since in one case you can defeat enemy while in other case you must reload tons of time and wait for paralyze,save after lucky hits and so on

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 06 Dec 2007, 23:22

Sure you can finish the game with any group. Heck some people love attempting that whole "peasant quest" where they try and pass the whole game with one character. I have not been able to do this but some people try. I was just commenting on what I have found as the easiest way for me to get past Tolberti. I was hoping the information would benefit cruzader with his archerer, monk, paladin, and sorcerer party. I was giving a rationalization for recommending a cleric instead of either that archerer or monk when it comes to this one scene but, I was in no way trying to downgrade anyone style of play.
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

Alan06
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alan06 » 06 Dec 2007, 23:51

mmm... using the columns in tolberti`s house to attack him and try to dont been hit by him. Sorry my english is horrible :S

Return to “Might and Magic”