Heroes VI in development ?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Heroes VI in Development?

Unread postby MistWeaver » 04 Dec 2007, 21:03

Link is still working fine

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Marcus333 » 04 Dec 2007, 21:06

Damn, I was too tired to write it the right way (HVI, I know)... :P

Anyway, I just miss games like MMVII and MMVIII. Graphically as well.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 04 Dec 2007, 21:19

Yeah it may take a while until H6 is released, meanwhile I'll enjoy some H5 multi :) Where art is concerned I'm with sir Charles.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 04 Dec 2007, 21:27

I hope it's not MMX as I dont want Nival going anywhere near it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Dec 2007, 22:14

I doubt they'll put Nival on a RPG... they picked them because they had TBS experience, and the guys that made DM cause they too already did a game like that... it would be unwise to break that trend. It's the one thing that actually weights in Ubi's favor.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 04 Dec 2007, 22:16

It's not MM10.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 04 Dec 2007, 22:17

Oh great. H6 already. Woo hoo. Now I have to go back into dirtbag Nival-bashing mode. Again.

Based on what I've seen so far, its safe to say that H6 is not going to have any art or music from previous HoMM games in its roster like people are asking for. It sucks for me even more because I really want to see the old storyline return, but I also don't want Nival messing it up. I don't know if that is good or bad.

H5 is definitely a good game after TotE was released, but if it takes Nival two expansions to make H6 a good game, I'm freaking done with Nival forever.

While TotE's amazing improvement over the original H5, and even HoF, has given me confidence in Nival's ability, I can't help but be worried about what Nival's going to do next. With H5, it was fairly apparent to Nival what was required, and its feeble first attempt was bolstered by the fact that the Heroes community was desperate for a new HoMM game. This time things will be different. The game will be standing on its own legs, and Nival has firm ground to stand on.

Now we'll get to see what Nival is really made of.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Heroes VI in Development?

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Dec 2007, 22:19

CloudRiderX wrote:>>Now we'll get to see what Nival is really made of.<<
They're russians... so vodka and winter.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 04 Dec 2007, 22:27

also bears and balalaika :)

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 04 Dec 2007, 22:33

Nival is a great team, and they had ideas for HeroesV. It's a shame, that Ubi bound their hands. Don't forget: Ubi's the one who owns M&M rights. I hope they will give more time to develop HoMM6.

Winter looks nice, but cold. Vodka keeps you warm, but makes you drunk. But after a walk in the cold, you'll feel refreshed. As you can see, Nival is a well a balanced team.:)
Edited on Tue, Dec 04 2007, 17:43 by Ravenheart87

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 04 Dec 2007, 22:39

>Winter looks nice, but cold. Vodka keeps you
>warm, but makes you drunk

While bears make you poop your pants and balalaika .. oh well it cant help it in any way
Last edited by MistWeaver on 04 Dec 2007, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 04 Dec 2007, 22:42

>I hope it's not MMX as I dont want Nival going anywhere near it.

Maybe it's Riders of Might and Magic, portraying Sir Ryder the cavalier.

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 04 Dec 2007, 23:26

Ravenheart87 wrote:Paying for level up wasn' the biggest problem of M&M's. It wasn't a problem at all... Like the food supplies for resting and travelling between zones (altough iit was missing form M&M IX, but they still wrote, how many days are you going to travel...).

The visuals of DM would be fine. And some big battles... Not like in M&M6-8 (fifty dragons, yikes!), but like in Wizardry8.
Ooh, another Wizardry fan? I was annoyed to find Wiz 9 would never be reaching us, so anything resembling Wizardry would be fantastic. Had great fun ploughing through swarms of bats, vines, Higardi and the like.

Paying to level was the one thing that put me off MM9. I think that was what it was anyway. The game paled so much in comparison to Wizardry that I really don't remember (yeah, probably mostly because I played Wizardry first, but...).

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 04 Dec 2007, 23:44

"The old Dungeon was a real dungeon: home of many nasty beasts. Of course dark elves will stay, cause they are the part of Ashan - and I suppose, M&M titles won't leave this world. I only disliked mistresses - and that poor hydras went down to level5. I would change their levels, and modify the arsenal of the mistress. "

My suggestion was to promote the hydra to level 7 (I bore of dragons), leave the Matriarch (and Mistress) at tier 6 and substantially improve them, and add something new in. Also reverse the Fury with the Minotaur.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 05 Dec 2007, 03:01

arturchix wrote:It's not MM10.
And why is that so sure?
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 05 Dec 2007, 06:31

"My suggestion was to promote the hydra to level 7 (I bore of dragons), leave the Matriarch (and Mistress) at tier 6 and substantially improve them, and add something new in. Also reverse the Fury with the Minotaur."

Well, maybe because you're not a dungeon, but a dark elf fan.:)

I'm way too conservative about games. Dungeon without dragons would surely disappoint many of us.

What about mixing the old Fortress with the Dark Elves? The lizard riders and the hydras would surely fit. And poor minotaurs are already underpowered. In good old times they were huge, evil beasts. Now they're pitiful slaves...

I also miss gorgons, medusaes, and of course, rocs and behemots.:(

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Dec 2007, 08:41

Moragauth wrote:>>My suggestion was to promote the hydra to level 7 (I bore of dragons).<<
Now i know you're just doing it on purpose... The Black Dragon is the Dungeon/Warlock faction... taking it out is blasphemy. That's why i they need to do like H4 for H6 and have alt dwelings for each lvl (with an option to switch between them somehow - maybe you should be able to build both if you want but only hire one of them per week, or if they use upgrades the base building lets you hire both but you can only build the upgrade for one).

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 05 Dec 2007, 09:12

The creature system in HeroesIV was very nice, but I didn't like being limited, which dwellings I can build. What if the number of dwellings were limited by the town or fortress level? Village/Fort: 2 dwellings, Town/Citadel: 4 dwellings (any level), etc... And of course, upgrades.:) For example, a nice dungeon line up IMO (the second pair is for Ashan):

Lv1: Rogue/Harpy (Assassin/Fury)

Lv2: Minotaur/Beholder (Dark Rider/Minotaur)

Lv3: Manticore/Medusa (Shadow Witch/Manticore)

Lv4: Hydra/Dragon (Hydra/Dragon)

Or something like these. These were my last words about the Dungeon for now, cause the main issue of the article is not "Nival asks players which is your dream Dungeon".:D But I hope one day we'll see somethingy like that too.:)

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 05 Dec 2007, 12:13

I doubt it will be Homm VI. First its too early to announce new game that could fundamentally differ from 5th part. Also i doubt it will be classic MM first person/4chars type game too since nival focuses on strategy/tactic games like SS altough they had some prety good RPG before altough not with major flaws (Allods 1-2(rage of mages in west, evil islands).

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 05 Dec 2007, 12:27

Tactical game, real time strategy, roleplaying game... Yeah, there are a few possibilities that fit Nival. But taking a look at other games under Ubi's hands... Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell... A new Heroes game every two year? It's possible, knowing them.

Hope it won't become like Fifa. HoMM'08, HoMM'09... Ouch!

Return to “News”