Heroes VI in development ?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Heroes VI in development ?

Unread postby MistWeaver » 04 Dec 2007, 12:13

According to a job vacancy posted on www.dtf.ru, Nival is hiring a concept artist for "work on AAA project in HMM universe". So unless it is another game in the so popular MMO genre, Heroes VI might already be in development.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1196770430
Last edited by MistWeaver on 04 Dec 2007, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes VI in Development?

Unread postby Marcus333 » 04 Dec 2007, 13:39

I don't really know... I'd want MMX over HIV right now. And I'd like it old school style!

Lol, "HIV" :P

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 Dec 2007, 13:52

Who wouldn't want MM10 over H4? :D

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 04 Dec 2007, 13:54

Anyway, it says HMM universe , not MM :) As for me, I would like it to be HMMVI over anything else

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby archcorenth » 04 Dec 2007, 14:21

I'd think MM would be more likely and it'd be a good time for it. As far as RPG's go Oblivion's getting a bit old for people about now and I think they may have gotten the message from Dark Messiah that people wanted a roleplaying game rather than a platform/fighting hybird.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 04 Dec 2007, 14:31

I certainly dont want H6 yet. H5 is still "hot" and there is no point in reducing its value by announcing soon to be sequel.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 04 Dec 2007, 14:33

I wish they would go to the H2 roots (art-wise) but that's just wishful thinking..
Infiltrator out.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 04 Dec 2007, 14:48

Heroes2 art is the best! Griffin looking griffins, dragon looking dragons, snake-like hydras, and the like... Creatures I liked in HeroesV? Well, some from Haven, Necropolis, and a few from other factions... but I don't really like this Warcraftish outlook.

And Fortress sucks. The whole lineup! If they want to have a Lv6 flyer, why didn't they put Rocs/Thunderbirds insted three meters tall dwarves? They are mighty, live in the mountains, and fortresses were big enough to have a nest for them. Those poor Berserkers should have some nasty looking battle axes in their hand. Changing skirmishers into a slow, but massive gunner would be nice too.:)

Oh, and make that poor Demonlord a bit shorter, and put him on a Nightmare! :) IMO Agrael was the best looking DL.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 04 Dec 2007, 14:52

I liked Dungeon immensely this time round. I always like Dark elves, but the way that they tied things together is awesome. I liked HV graphics... but it'd be nicer if they were less WCish. I hated the old Dungeon, and its minotaurs and other assorted freaks.
Edited on Tue, Dec 04 2007, 09:53 by Moragauth

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 04 Dec 2007, 15:26

The old Dungeon was a real dungeon: home of many nasty beasts. Of course dark elves will stay, cause they are the part of Ashan - and I suppose, M&M titles won't leave this world. I only disliked mistresses - and that poor hydras went down to level5. I would change their levels, and modify the arsenal of the mistress.

I also liked harpies much better then furies. But furies are hot, so they can stay.:D Or harpies should be cursed dark elf witches... Hot dark elf witches with wings, hm...:)

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 04 Dec 2007, 15:37

Just because H6 is beginning development doesn't mean it'll interfere with H5's success because it's still "hot" as Ya5MieL says. If it has started development, it's still 2 years minimum away from release (and well over a year away from announcement). Plenty of time.

In regards to the art direction...if you guys are adament about it, now's the time to start speaking up about it. Wait another 6 months and it may be too late to change the entire art concept. Personally, the art itself was great in H5, but the style certainly wasn't to my taste. Let's get away from the Manga/Warhammer combo please. Other than that, as long as it's not going down the Anime route, I'll be fine with it I'm sure.
Edited on Tue, Dec 04 2007, 10:38 by Sir Charles
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 04 Dec 2007, 15:47

Yeah. Warhammer alone would be fine. I also liked the art of Olivier Ledroit, or Dark Messiah - it was truly that dark M&M universe, they promised. Only the wizard girl in mini-skirt was a bit strange... But hey, in the good old days of hardcore fantasy, warrior women weren't dressed in too much armor. Later, fantasy invented the chain bikini... Bah...

It would be the most fascinating, to see a game with Frazetta-like artwork. Oh weel, I'm dreaming again.:)

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Re: Heroes VI in Development?

Unread postby Meandor » 04 Dec 2007, 17:51

MistWeaver wrote:Anyway, it says HMM universe , not MM :) As for me, I would like it to be HMMVI over anything else
HMM or MM universe, doesn`t really matter. It can work both ways.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes VI in Development?

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 04 Dec 2007, 18:00

Infiltrator wrote:I wish they would go to the H2 roots (art-wise) but that's just wishful thinking..
That'd be sweet as Hell.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 04 Dec 2007, 18:55

Still a new M&M game would be even sweeter...
Grah!

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 04 Dec 2007, 20:27

If they get rid of paying to level up, I'd be all for a new MM game. I never played IX, so I'm not sure if they required it or not in that one.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 04 Dec 2007, 20:35

Paying for level up wasn' the biggest problem of M&M's. It wasn't a problem at all... Like the food supplies for resting and travelling between zones (altough iit was missing form M&M IX, but they still wrote, how many days are you going to travel...).

The visuals of DM would be fine. And some big battles... Not like in M&M6-8 (fifty dragons, yikes!), but like in Wizardry8. I'm already dreaming of killing Black Dragons and Titans with a champion/ninja/priest of dark/lich party.XD And hopefully Sareth. He's gonna pay for his sins committed in DM... by the player.;)
Edited on Tue, Dec 04 2007, 16:47 by Ravenheart87

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 04 Dec 2007, 20:42

The link doesn't works for me. :(
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 04 Dec 2007, 20:48

Might want to edit your post to take out the spoilers Ravenheart. Not all of us have played Dark Messiah.

Joakim Andersen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Joakim Andersen » 04 Dec 2007, 20:57

Any news in my ears are good news! (And rumors are great too ;) )

I personally do not care if we get a new MM or HMM - Im up for both! But please if Nival/ubisoft go for HMM6 please add a more userfriendly editor and make the game more smooth, performance vice! Rock on!

Return to “News”