So what's the final verdict on Heroes V?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Dec 2007, 16:24

Muszka wrote: The graphics will fade in time.
Not if they're done well....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 03 Dec 2007, 17:07

ThunderTitan wrote:
Muszka wrote: The graphics will fade in time.
Not if they're done well....
Even if a game comes out with the double of the wonderfulest graphics, in 10 years it will be a crap for everybody who's not a fan.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Dec 2007, 17:30

I would stay that good graphics stay - as long as here's platform where it can be displayed it in its original form/charm.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 03 Dec 2007, 17:30

Pollo2002 wrote:If you look for a solid straetgy game like heroes 3, bad game.
If you look flashy graphics and a rol/strategy game that keep you inside of the story, nice game.
Lol pollo! Strategy-wise it is much superior to H3 in so many ways that I am bored to point out. Also there is little to keep you for the story as the campaigns are barely passable with the exception of tote. On the other hand it was H3 that could keep you interested with the storyline without flashy graphics which is the opposite of what you have posted.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 03 Dec 2007, 18:09

Elvin wrote:Strategy-wise it is much superior to H3 in so many ways
I think people miss the large quantity of maps.

Not just maps, but maps with different objectives (requiring different strategies therefore).

There are plenty of h5 fan maps but not as many as previous versions.

Still I get the impression that people don't realize how many h5 maps there are and the different kinds. There are some rpg maps and some epic maps...one of these days I'll make a thread.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 03 Dec 2007, 18:32

That would probably be for the best. It's always good to expand one's list of maps considering I hate the current RMG.
- Metathron

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 03 Dec 2007, 23:11

Pol wrote:I would stay that good graphics stay - as long as here's platform where it can be displayed it in its original form/charm.
Graphics stay beautyful, for years, but they fade. I can say that H3 was beautiful in 1999 and some years after, but today isn't a big deal.

I think this is true for almost everything: "something stays beautyful for a long time only if you are emotionally connected with it."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Dec 2007, 23:42

Muszka wrote: Even if a game comes out with the double of the wonderfulest graphics, in 10 years it will be a crap for idiots.
pixel count is for morons... if it looks bad now it always looked bad, you where just to distracted by the lighting effects to notice.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 03 Dec 2007, 23:50

Unless TotE changed multiple features (which I'm unaware of) I've decided I dislike Heroes V. It's impossible to move quickly, with spellcasters (guaranteed, unavoidable, deadly damage) and town levels hindering fast expansion. The game de-emphasizes speed and allows one to play a lot less quickly - equivalent almost to de-emphasizing skill in my eyes. There are strong and good innovations, yes, but the weaknesses ruin the game. Right now I find I enjoy Heroes III more than Heroes V, and that says something.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Dec 2007, 23:53

Banedon wrote:Right now I find I enjoy Heroes III more than Heroes V, and that says something.
That H3 is a great game?!

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 04 Dec 2007, 00:19

ThunderTitan wrote:
Muszka wrote: Even if a game comes out with the double of the wonderfulest graphics, in 10 years it will be a crap for idiots.
pixel count is for morons... if it looks bad now it always looked bad, you where just to distracted by the lighting effects to notice.
That's bullshit. And how you dare to change my post?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 04 Dec 2007, 00:20

Spellcasters are indeed annoying but the towns don't build slow at all with the exception of maybe stronghold that requires 2 special dwellings. But even that can get tier 7 at week 2 which is fast enough. In any case you can make up with hero attacks and skill/perk combos to move fast and that requires more skill than H3 required.

Btw at the moment I enjoy H5 more than H3 does that also say something?
- Metathron

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 04 Dec 2007, 00:46

Pitsu wrote:
Metathron wrote:TotE is a solid Heroes game. .
... if you have 2 GB RAM... :p
It's not like you can't get 2GB of quality ram through for 100$ or so ...

This might be expensive but with base games costing 50$ it doesn't take much to make a 100$ investment in good memory seem like a good deal.

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 04 Dec 2007, 01:10

Muszka wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:
That's bullshit. And how you dare to change my post?
haha lol :P

Graphics concern me when it comes to FPS's or action games, and even then Gameplay is much much more important.

But for Heroes its not much of a concern. I can still play H2 with my friends and it will be awesome!

And of course that the "WOW" effect i had when i first received H3 much bigger than when i got H5, but nevertheless,i love H5's visuals, the animations are awesome too.

ToE has the complete package. All the small annoyances (for me they were small) that came with H5 pretty much gone. You got 8 factions, alternative upgrades, set artifacts, great skills, decent amount of spells, caravans and MEMORY MENTOR!!! what else can you ask for more :D

We need one or two more patches for some balance issues and it will be almost perfect.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Dec 2007, 16:11

Muszka wrote: That's bullshit.
Sure, that's why no one likes the Mona Lisa or the Sistine Chapel's roof no more, because they're not photoshopped and that sucks. I mean everyone knows that using more modern tools makes anything better without any need for talent or vision.

And how you dare to change my post?
Oh sorry, forgot how post are sacred... must have just damned my

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 04 Dec 2007, 18:05

Who doesnt like Mona Lisa?

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 04 Dec 2007, 19:57

ThunderTitan wrote: Sure, that's why no one likes the Mona Lisa or the Sistine Chapel's roof no more, because they're not photoshopped and that sucks. I mean everyone knows that using more modern tools makes anything better without any need for talent or vision.
You are comparing the masterpieces of two of the greatest artist with a game created by some money-eater rednecks. Have you though about that for a second?
ThunderTitan wrote:
And how you dare to change my post?
Oh sorry, forgot how post are sacred... must have just damned my
You can quote me if you want, everyone can. But changeing what I wrote and than quoting as my post, with my name before it, it shows me that you are like most romanians, an unserious two-face.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 04 Dec 2007, 20:46

ThunderTitan, unserious? Say it ain't so! :devil:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 04 Dec 2007, 21:20

Why must you insist on antagonizing others TT?
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 04 Dec 2007, 21:25

Someone has to do the dirty job.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”