Sylvan town glitch

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Sylvan town glitch

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 27 Oct 2007, 22:57

Ok i was playin HoF and when i went into the silvan town the tree thing itself was all black. So like all the buildings had an outline and the light abouve the sprites thing was there but the tree itself was black. can any1 plz tell me how to solve this problem :S

EDIT:here's the pic.
Last edited by Wulfstan8182 on 11 Dec 2007, 02:18, edited 5 times in total.
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 27 Oct 2007, 23:07

screenshot?
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kildars
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kildars » 28 Oct 2007, 00:12

Yeah that sounds quite weird.
But I think that's normally a problem caused by hardware...with what kind computer are playing the game?

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 28 Oct 2007, 01:10

srry i dunno how to post a screenshot out of my pictures folder and im playin the game on dell. maybe it has somthin to do with the russian version of the game... :disagree:
Last edited by Wulfstan8182 on 28 Oct 2007, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 28 Oct 2007, 10:27

just hit prtscrn (button next to f12) and close the game
the paste it in paint and save it as a jpeg or something
then host it somewhere

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 28 Oct 2007, 10:53

What you describe sounds like something that was very common during beta tests. Town, except its background, being black was a graphic card related issue. I would recommend messing with drivers or if it does not dissolve, try to get on a computer with different graphics card.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 28 Oct 2007, 16:46

ok i'll try and do that thx! :)

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 08 Nov 2007, 00:17

ok this doesnt really solve my problem but i installed it on a different pc and its still the same *beep*! I think there's something wrong with the DVD because even though the other one is DELL it's a laptop!(i don't know much about machanics but don't laptops are like totally different from home PCs) so yeah that's all i got for now.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 08 Nov 2007, 03:53

Plese don't alarm the community with something that is not a BUG.. use words glitch or something like that in thread names.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 09 Nov 2007, 23:02

Ya5MieL wrote:Plese don't alarm the community with something that is not a BUG.. use words glitch or something like that in thread names.
there I changed it happy now? :D

hampig71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hampig71 » 17 Nov 2007, 17:22

I am having the exact same problem. Although this also happens in the academy towns for me as well. Also I know its not the DVD because I installed the game on a friend's computer and everything worked perfectly. We both have Dell Laptops, with mine being newer and I use Vista while he uses XP. I would assume since my computer is about a year newer than his, my graphics card is better, since he did not purchase a graphics card aside from what his laptop came with. I have a Dell Inspirion 1405 running at 32 bit. Also when I walk through the desert wherever there is a cactus it has a blue square around it. And when I battle whenever someone attacks, there is a residuel graphic that remains, for example castining lightning bolt will cause the lightning bolt to remain on the screen, even after the enemy unit has suffered damage. Again neither of these 2 things occured on my friend's laptop. Lastly I am running 1GB RAM. Please help!!!

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 18 Nov 2007, 04:40

I had the same exact problem when i first installed the game, except with the Academy town. i changed my graphics card from a stock one to some more high-end ATI one for different reasons and not only did the game get much faster and allowed me to max out all graphics with little slowdown, but the problem with the academy town being black disappeared. i think your only solution would be to get a new graphics card.

honestly though, if you really think its a problem with the dvd you can always uninstall the game and reinstall with a new dvd from a friend or rented form a store or something. see how it works out.

Mirez

Re: Sylvan town glitch

Unread postby Mirez » 18 Nov 2007, 12:45

Wulfstan8182 wrote:Ok i was playin HoF and when i went into the silvan town the tree thing itself was all black. So like all the buildings had an outline and the light abouve the sprites thing was there but the tree itself was black. can any1 plz tell me how to solve this problem :S

EDIT: Here's the url for the screenshot

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc48 ... ofbug2.jpg
it ain't supposed to be like that :creative: ;)

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 19 Nov 2007, 01:01

I vote for graphics card too. I've had some similar problems with other games, because of the gcard.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

erased. over. out
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby erased. over. out » 19 Nov 2007, 03:46

I have a couple of .pak files that could help with both the Sylvan and Academy towns, but they won't fix the lighting problem 100%. Just drop the files into your Pak folder. You can find the files here:

http://www.esnips.com/web/bulkhead72sStuff

Please let me know if that helps.

EDIT: if that doesn't work, paste the .pak files into the "dataa" folder (or "dataa1" folder if you're trying to run HOF). I'm not sure what the data folder is called for ToTE as I haven't purchased it yet.
Last edited by erased. over. out on 19 Nov 2007, 05:58, edited 2 times in total.

hampig71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hampig71 » 19 Nov 2007, 05:10

Thanks, I tried putting it in the .pak file folder, but nothing changed. This is really weird. Why would only this town be the only graphics issue? Oh and I just got tribes of the East, and the academy town now looks normal. As for a new graphics card, how do I get one? I have laptop, can you buy a new one for laptops? As I said before I have a dell Inspiron 1405. Does anyone think it could be a RAM issue? Thanks again for all the input so far, I've been wondering about this issue for over a year.

erased. over. out
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby erased. over. out » 19 Nov 2007, 05:45

Hmm, that's very odd. It seemed to work for me. I do not think it is a RAM issue as I only have 512mb myself, and I'm running it on a 3 year old Toshiba Satellite laptop. Please try copying the .pak files and pasting it in the "data" folder (or "dataa1aa" folder if you're trying to run HOF). I'm not sure what the folder name is for ToTE as I didn't purchase it yet =). I have a feeling it might work. Good luck!

hampig71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hampig71 » 20 Nov 2007, 16:40

So I put the file in the .PAK folder and now it works. So I guess this file only works for HoMM5 and not for ToTE. Although the lightning does help, it doesn't look like the pictures I see on the internet of sylvan towns. How does this file work?

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 25 Nov 2007, 20:04

erased. over. out wrote:I have a couple of .pak files that could help with both the Sylvan and Academy towns, but they won't fix the lighting problem 100%. Just drop the files into your Pak folder. You can find the files here:

http://www.esnips.com/web/bulkhead72sStuff

Please let me know if that helps.

EDIT: if that doesn't work, paste the .pak files into the "dataa" folder (or "dataa1" folder if you're trying to run HOF). I'm not sure what the data folder is called for ToTE as I haven't purchased it yet.
I'm not really into modding so i dont really know where the Pak folder is. I tried the dataa1 but it didn't work. Is there any other way because i don't really want to buy a new graphic card just cause of HoMMV.

I have the same problem with the lightning spell and the impolsion spell where it stays after i used it. Pretty much the same happens with divine strength where the light stays over the stack until it moves. Luckily, my academy is ok :) .
Last edited by Wulfstan8182 on 27 Nov 2007, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 25 Nov 2007, 21:01

Ok i tried the normal HoMMV and it worked, sort of. The town had no water, as it was before the mod and half of the textures still remained black. the leafs on the top were for some reason watery green. :S

Return to “Heroes V-VI”