To Honor Our Fathers Walkthrough

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

To Honor Our Fathers Walkthrough

Unread postby Angelspit » 09 Nov 2007, 16:02

As promised, here is the next part of the Tribes of the East walkthrough. Those of you who were disappointed to be forced to play the Necropolis all over again will be happy to find out that the second campaign features the Orcs. Walkthrough writer maltz suggests taking another look at his skill discussion in the <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/709">Prologue</a> and perhaps bring out the handy <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/520">Skill Wheel</a> once again. If you need help completing a specific scenario our would like to take a little peak before you get started (hey, many of us do it once in a while), you can access the following resources:

<a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/716">Collecting Bones</a> | <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/717">One Khan, One Clan</a> | <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/718">Father Sky's Fury</a> | <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/719">Mother Earth's Wisdom</a> | <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/720">Hunting the Hunter</a>

Only one campaign left before we are done with the Heroes of Might and Magic V walkthroughs! Again, kudos to maltz for his productivity and his great advices.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/716
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Coll

Unread postby shep61 » 15 Nov 2007, 19:29

Have tried this five times now on heroic to no avail. Kragh, who appears to have maxed out logistics skills, can move across the entire map in 3-4 turns and has picked up 1000 heads by day 12-14 in all my games. I have less than 500 by that time. I do the goblin head-stealing trick, which is a good suggestion, but then Kragh justruns out grabs more heads and gets back in in 1-2 days. My army is so weak that I can only attack tier 1 creatures. Most of the neutral stacks are ridiculous. 100-200 tier 2 creatures........ Anyway, I'll keep trying, but I must be missing something here.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 15 Nov 2007, 22:11

Did you follow Kragh wherever he goes? I actually "stole" quite a lot of heads from him. Until I decided to break loose from him (for the stupid Lion Necklace that you can get again in mission 3 :| ), I actually had equal head counts. Did he try to go north west first?

You can actually kill tier 3 creatures easily by the use of 1-unit goblin stacks (to absorb retaliation). Maybe that's the difference?

And it indeed took Kragh a lot more days to travel out. Maybe in your game he happened to take Expert Logistics? (In my game he didn't appear to travel significantly farther than Gotai.)

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 15 Nov 2007, 23:09

Yes, I stuck with him. He went North first in all my tries. The neutral stacks guarding the peasant huts are too hard for Gotai (100-200 level 2 creatures), so Kragh gets those and then he gets the hut as well. 3-4 of those combos and he's got his 1K.

You're right about tier 3's. I can get those as well, but there aren't very many. Mainly the Griffins guarding the arena.

I just have to keep trying. I beat it easily on normal and hard.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 16 Nov 2007, 02:41

Is it possible that you can get the huts first? I remember when I played this mission, I was able to get most of the huts before I break loose. Also try to use Gotai to "block" Kragh so he had to go around.

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 17 Nov 2007, 06:54

I finally beat it. Thanks, Maltz. It just took a few tries.

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 20 Nov 2007, 06:45

I got to level 14 at this level and collected all the boosts possible except +1 Knowledge being guarded by Water Elemental.

I first went west and killed all the red peasants :P, stole some huts from him and blocked his way one time - it was funny cuz he wasted a whole turn sniffing my bulls butt :D

I also let him kill most of the hard guys and collected the buffs. Its good since there is less of them = less heads.

I have a question though. Before i come back to the camp i want to grab that +1 Knowledge guarded by Air Elementals to which i lost about 14 Orcs (I have 1 Centaur and about 58 Orcs) at that point i fail the sub-mission. How important it is for these 50 Orcs to continue with me for the next mission?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 20 Nov 2007, 13:45

On heroic, you will have a harder time starting mission 3 if you don't have those Warriors. Please see the walkthrough of C3M3 for details. (Otherwise get triple flaming ballista here)

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 20 Nov 2007, 17:23

Ok thanks maltz. I'll try to preserve them, although if i wont make it i'll just cross the bridge when i get there. Unless of course i'll get owned on 3rd mission and have to restart everything all over :D

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 21 Nov 2007, 04:59

I never really used those warriors, but I did it on hard difficulty.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 04 Feb 2009, 07:54

Everything on the map with the exception of the elementals and some zealots maybe can be easily defeated with negligible losses (and yes on heroic). If you cant, you arent using your troops well. It's a good practice map for fighting.

spytor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spytor » 12 May 2009, 17:38

May be it is just my luck, by I was able to visit all the boosts, even the Sylvan tree, pick up all the artifacts and end at level 16. My opponent never managed to reach 1000 heads :) More over I did not lose any of the orcs so I carry 113 of them to the mission 3 (I picked extra orcs as a starting bonus). For anyone trying to get max from this mission, I suggest taking orcs as a bonus, following your opponent where possible and taking the heads before he does - yes, even those 160+ vindicator stacks are possible to kill with only 2-3 lost goblins. Just keep away from crossbows unless you have no other choice.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 21 Aug 2009, 05:04

Following Kragh is a good strategy. Not picking up too many resources is also worth considering. You really need only about 5000 to 6500 gold (if you want to buy the ballista at the war machine factory).

On normal, Kragh was actually unable to win because between the two of us, we cleared all Red Haven stacks and he still had less than 1000 heads, even before I bribed the goblins. So, I had time to visit the Tree for a level as well. When all Red Havens are clear, Kragh goes for other neutrals, clearing your way through annoying stacks like Water Elementals.

Kragh rarely picks up artifacts unless there's nothing to do, so there might not be a big rush for the necklace. Once the map is clear of neutrals, Kragh just sits still if he doesn't have 1000 heads.

Return to “Articles”