Heroes for windows vista

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
milel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes for windows vista

Unread postby milel » 06 Nov 2007, 15:32

I suspect this will have been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere.
Is HOMM V compatible with windows vista and if not any plans to make it?
I changed laptops and cannot imagine not having my favorite game installed...

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 06 Nov 2007, 17:12

Yep I ran it on Vista 64bit, and it worked fine.
But for other reasons I went back to XP on the same machine. I didn't notice any improvement or drop in performance.

Even in XP I got 500MB of RAM cahsed... 8|

Alabaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alabaster » 06 Nov 2007, 19:31

death to vista

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 07 Nov 2007, 10:04

Alabaster wrote:death to vista
Bah, whiners. Vista is best OS atm, unless you have computer older than a year, only then XP takes its place.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 09 Nov 2007, 05:29

and where does leopard fit into this?

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 09 Nov 2007, 12:55

Vista all the way - Providing we are speaking about IBM PC-s :P, not Mac-s :P

In Mac case, leopard/tiger/whatever animal is the latest version is the pick to go :)

Dont plan to play Heroes TotE, or many other games on it tho.

milel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby milel » 09 Nov 2007, 14:54

i'm slightly confused...

is it compatible or not? do the patches work? what problems have people encountered?
please let me know!!!

thanks!

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 09 Nov 2007, 15:33

Ya5MieL wrote:unless you have computer older than a year
Oh the horror!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Nov 2007, 13:27

milel wrote:i'm slightly confused...

is it compatible or not? do the patches work? what problems have people encountered?
please let me know!!!

thanks!
I mentioned this in another thread it seems several people running the 32-bit version of Vista (this is the version usually installed at least by Dell) are able to run Heroes 3 - 5 (maybe the earlier ones) and the MMs 6 - 9 without any tinkering with their computer. The compatibility problems occur when running the 64-bit Vista, but H-V should run fine on that version. The fact UBI did not go that extra mile with Tribes and declare it compatible is just another example of their not being in touch with the current market, with their resources they could have taken a couple of days to confirm the campatibility and put it on the box. This is especially true, as I said, since many people are already it running under Vista.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 10 Nov 2007, 16:22

jeff wrote:
I mentioned this in another thread it seems several people running the 32-bit version of Vista (this is the version usually installed at least by Dell) are able to run Heroes 3 - 5 (maybe the earlier ones) and the MMs 6 - 9 without any tinkering with their computer. The compatibility problems occur when running the 64-bit Vista, but H-V should run fine on that version. The fact UBI did not go that extra mile with Tribes and declare it compatible is just another example of their not being in touch with the current market, with their resources they could have taken a couple of days to confirm the campatibility and put it on the box. This is especially true, as I said, since many people are already it running under Vista.
Are you so sure that Vista IS the current market for gamers?? As it was only released earlier this year and a lot of people are hanging on to XP, I reckon that you'd be lucky to find more then 1% with Vista..
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Nov 2007, 16:36

Wurtzel wrote:
Are you so sure that Vista IS the current market for gamers?? As it was only released earlier this year and a lot of people are hanging on to XP, I reckon that you'd be lucky to find more then 1% with Vista..
Of course it isn't, never said it was. It is the future like it or not, and I don't buy games to play today and toss tomorrow. It is the OS that will dominate (like it or not) in a couple of years. The point was with Heroes V pretty much Vista capable already, UBI could have tested it and fixed what needed to be fixed to claim Vista as a supported platform. Did they HAVE to do this, again of course not, but something that seems to be a small investment would improve marketing albeit a little, but cruising the forum shows a growing number of people with this concern. I myself will be buying a new computer soon and it will run Vista, I would like the company's assurance my investment in their product won't be wasted when I change to this new computer.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”