A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 09 Nov 2007, 02:00

*wakes up from daze*

"Right! So, we're going to find Jade right? What are we still doing here then?"

I feverishly organize my things and try to help the others prepare for the journey.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 09 Nov 2007, 04:31

"So, we plan on going to get your sister? That's fine with me. I'll go get Nuvlihr!"

I run off, get my things from atop the cart, then the cart, itself, and return.

"Okay. We're ready. Where are we going, anyway? Hopefully somewhere where Nuvlihr doesn't have to worry about this snow."
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 09 Nov 2007, 09:26

"Sorry we are headed farther north, and it will get colder. We are headed down also. I think it maybe in a mine near that burial ground they were talking about. Bundle up everybody. I am going to see to it personally that whatever hades these deamons are in freezes over."
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 10 Nov 2007, 18:03

"Maybe it's already freezing?"

I let out a deep sigh, and look over my shoulder.

"Sorry, Nuvlihr. No riding for a while."

I start to think for a bit.

"Maybe we can ride in the mine! It shouldn't have snow in it...At least, I hope it doesn't."

I turn my view back to Saphire.

More to myself, than to anyone else, but said normally, "Well, we would go anyway."
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Nov 2007, 01:13

As everything gets ready, you see a mountain of a man trudging up to Saphire. Covered in multiple layers of fur, he looks like he has lived in the mountains for years. He is tall, at least 9' tall, and has a battleaxe strapped to his back that is almost as big. It is apparent he is at least part giant. "A little birdy told me you and your group is about to go do something stupid. I don't know you, or your group, but I do know that these are our lands. We don't mind your group visiting, but these creatures you face are a differnt story. They are tresspassing, and vile. We're in."

Out of the snow you see others standing up. Most are larger then the man that approached you. Their skin is somewhat blueish in color, and most of their beards somewhat resemble ice. Not one person had even a clue that were there prior to this. Which since some of them reach up to 12' tall is an amazing feat in itself.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 11 Nov 2007, 23:30

I look at the man in awe before I speak:

"It'd be an honor to help you evict those vile creatures from your land. We have some unfinished business with them as well..."

My words drift off as I keep looking at the man. I snap out of the sense of awe and ask:

"Would you and your kin by any chance be related to Snow or Ice Giants? I thought I'd never see of one your kind again."

I smirk. Then, my eyes wander as I remember days long past (well, not THAT long past, but long enough :)).

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 12 Nov 2007, 00:07

"Are you nuts? Topaz asks. "It's freezing out here! You should throw on a pelt."

I just smile. "Energy Immunity is a great spell to know." I look at the parcels she's carrying. "What do you have there?"

"Oh, I brought you some food and pelts. I figured you'd be hungry, seeing as how you haven't eaten in four months." She brings the stuff over and drapes one of the pelts around my shoulders. "Most people, after going through the Hell you did, would probably take the night off."

"Thanks. I'm famished." I quickly dig into the food. "I know. I know. I should be resting, but after destroying your shell, this town has lost one of its defenses. This is the best I can do to make up for it." Topaz opens her mouth to respond but stops due to the futility of trying to sway the cleric. "What happened to the others?"

"I'm not sure." Topaz replies as she wraps several pelts around herself. "I haven't seen them in awhile now. I hope they haven't gotten themselves in trouble."

"I'm sure they're ok" I reply. "You shouldn't be out here. You'll catch a cold."

Topaz laughs "Like I'm worried about a little cold after being killed, watching our kingdom fall, and being encased in armor for four months. But I suppose you are right. I'm going to see if I can discover what the others are up to." She gives her husband a quick kiss on the cheek and heads off to find the others.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 12 Nov 2007, 03:29

I went to see Miss D (wherever she is). I approach her directly, disregarding anybody that would want to halt me and make me obey some courtesy rules before I can talk to her.

“Miss D,” I address her, “I want to ask your opinion about the coming war.”

I bow onto her showing respect. I still do respect her. Being favored by the Spider Queen doesn’t make me think that I am any higher than her. Miss D, being the matriarch of the first house, is still eyed being the highest. I bear that in mind. And aside from that, it was Miss D who offered me the power that I have now. I owe her. I feel it in some part of me.

But on the other hand, I despise her for bringing me into this mess. Sadly, I do not welcome thoughts like that. If I made my life into a mess; it is me who is to blame - nobody but only me.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Nov 2007, 19:45

The man bellows with laughter, and some of his companions follow suit. "Listen to this one. Related to Snow or Ice Giants he asks. Is the rain related to water? Was Frostmourn made by our ancestors very hands? Do these mighty walls stretch from the peak of Mt. Silac to the sacred burial grounds of our people? Your people call us giants, and ice does flow in our veins. Though some of our people have slipped into savagry, we are the true Lyrentor."

A mighty roar goes up after his speech. The mountains shake with it. It is a good natured roar, and the giants are shaking their weapons or hands into the air in pride. Then things slowly go quiet.

"Somebody approaches. It is a female, or at least I believe so. Can't tell you apart to be honest. The snow respects her. Let us see what it is she desires." chances are little goes on here that they are not aware of. Their bond with this majestic place is probably akin to the elves and the first forest.

Topaz arrives.

===============================================

"Had you asked me that question earlier, my advice would have been caution. The sun is harsh to us, and often causes us to surrender victories in order to avoid it. Now, with the land cloaked in almost perpetual darkness, it is different. I think the spider queen is wise to act now. Just remember that even though you are favored, I still rule the First House. You need me more then I need you. I will support your effort for now. Let us bathe in the blood of the upworlders, and make all of them bow at our feet. Especially those who turned from the true path, the so called elves that followed the light."

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 12 Nov 2007, 21:19

The size of this man is not what impresses me, at this point. Even if he is, about, 3 times taller than I am.

"I wonder who he is, Caratra."

I quickly notice what it is I like better than darts, and run behind the man.

"Wow! That's a large axe!"
Signature:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Nov 2007, 22:12

The man looks down and smiles. "Yes, it is. It is Frostreaver, the mightiest axe in the land." he looks at your for a moment and then reaches into his sack. He brings out what would be a small hatchet to him, but is a nice size double handed axe to you. He offers it to you without hesitation. "This is Iceshorn, a throwing axe. I prefer my big axe, so you may have this if you wish. It is a bit small for my taste."

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 12 Nov 2007, 22:18

I chuckle. "Nice weapon you got there."
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 12 Nov 2007, 22:27

Without question, I accept the axe. I swing it around a few times, and grin. Within seconds, I run back to where I was before, to show it off to Caratra.
Signature:

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 12 Nov 2007, 23:10

I blush when they respond and then answer:

"In that case, it is an honor to make your acquaintance."

I bow down in respect.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 12 Nov 2007, 23:29

"Huh. The more the merrier I guess."
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Nov 2007, 00:43

"I am Stefan, and you are .... ? We go north to find a friend, we seem to do that a lot, and hopefully expel some evil, your help is gratefully accepted."
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 13 Nov 2007, 02:54

“Yes, we should be cautious,” I reply disturbingly, “But the sun is not the only factor we should be cautious about, Mistress.”

I pause for a while thinking deeply. Going out on the surface and slaughtering appears to be easy for the drows. I can see it by how the Mistress speaks. But it might be different this time. There are some resistances.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 14 Nov 2007, 20:13

The paladin stops upon seeing the giants, taking a cautious stance, both in body and in speech. "Could someone please explain to me why you are all out here, in the freezing cold, talking to giants?"
Last edited by Omega_Destroyer on 14 Nov 2007, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 14 Nov 2007, 21:09

With a smirk, I point at the giants. "Well they started it."
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 15 Nov 2007, 03:57

The man fills Topaz in on the situation, very respectfully. He seems almost in awe of her. Once they have filled her in, the help everybody to get everything ready. (Then a certain small person is offered a ride on one of the backs of the larger giants). They offer to carry Topaz and Sun on a makeshift object. It can be carried by four of them, and has a canvas over head, with two comfortable seats and a plank that the seats sit on.

Everybody gets offered some odd furs that the group is unfamiliar with, and they are very warm and soft. Working in total unison they have everything ready in minutes. "Shall we depart for the mine? One of our scouts will stay behind if anybody needs time to do something before catching up. I warn you however, the creatures that have taken refuge in that mine are not to be triffled with. Only the strongest and most powerful demons of their army are there. They seek something, but we do not yet know what.

Return to “Campfire”