A question about the Nature campaign

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

A question about the Nature campaign

Unread postby Elwin » 27 Oct 2007, 01:58

In H4 "Elwin and Shaera" campaign is there any way that you can attack and defeat the red player on the last map? I have finished this entire campaign multiple times before but never have I actually defeated the red player because their castles are seperated by that lake in the map. So has anyone actually found a way into their region yet?
In the diameter of the Universe, we are but a single flame. To say that we're insignificant is to give us....too little credit. But if the universe chooses you to be part of its plans, then you better let go because it makes it more fun when you don't know what's about to happen next!

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 27 Oct 2007, 10:36

Unfortunately, there is no way into their lands, so you'll just have to reconcile with the fact that you'll be harassed by them constantly.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 28 Oct 2007, 12:58

Never mind I resolved the problem already by placing Phoenixes / Mantises in front of each of those portals where Red comes out of to just "block" them. Since each portal is beside a castle I can refill my supply of troops everytime red attacks.

YAY! I finished this campaign (again....) with a score of 2565 that's like a Fire Elemental and my best record yet...
In the diameter of the Universe, we are but a single flame. To say that we're insignificant is to give us....too little credit. But if the universe chooses you to be part of its plans, then you better let go because it makes it more fun when you don't know what's about to happen next!

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 30 Oct 2007, 20:30

Time matters a lot when the score is calculated right? :S
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 30 Oct 2007, 20:48

There's a link to a score calculator/guide in this thread
viewtopic.php?t=7478

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: A question about the Nature campaign

Unread postby HodgePodge » 31 Oct 2007, 00:22

Elwin wrote:In H4 "Elwin and Shaera" campaign is there any way that you can attack and defeat the red player on the last map? …
Only if you use the Cheat Codes:
  • When you're in your starting Castle hit the Tab Key & type:

nwcCityOfTroy

Build a Boat in your Castle's Shipyard.

Then with your Hero that has Life Magic hit the Tab Key & type:

nwcisis

When you go through the Portal at the north end of the map, you'll eventually get to a place where you can see the Red Player across the river but you can't get to them. At this point, Cast Summon Boat and take a ride over to Red's territory and take them out. You can either use your boat again or if you have Town Gate you can get home that way instead.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 02 Nov 2007, 22:19

except that i don't like cheating...

by the way what are some of the scores that you got on this campaign?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 02 Nov 2007, 22:41

I have never really paid attention to high scores, so they would probably be somewhat higher had I rushed my games. But let's see what I have just for fun.

I have two entries for Elwin and Shaera, namely on the 6th and 7th spots of the high score table; the first: 476 days, score 3490, rating: venom spawn. The second: 336 days, score 3000, rating: ogre mage. Weird that the second one is lower seeing how I spent a whole lot less time to complete it, but I reckon it has something to do with difficulty.

It should be noted that I played this (and some others) campaign more than just the two times, but they are not recorded here since I have switched computers in the meantime, reinstalled the game, etc...So, to be fair, my score from way back when would in all likelihood be quite lower.

And here are some other scores from top to bottom:

1. Masters of Magic, 316 days, Score 4205, Rating: Hydra
2. Masters of Magic, 342, 4185, Hydra
3. The True Blade, 247, 4020, Mantis
4. The Price of Peace, 841, 3990, Devil
5. To Rule the World, 446, 3775, Thunderbird
6 & 7. See above
8. Opposites Attract, 331, 2870, Unicorn
9. A Matter of Life and Death, 450, 2785, Genie
10. Half-Dead, 499, 2695, Waspwort

Those were all played under different difficulties, about half of them under champion difficulty, I believe. The Half-Dead campaign I played most recently and I think I played it under one of the lower difficulties (easy, normal or hard).

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 03 Nov 2007, 00:34

Elwin wrote:except that i don't like cheating...
Well my 'suggestion' is for people who just have to defeat every single enemy on the map. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 03 Nov 2007, 01:19

Besides, cheating can be a lot of fun. Just imagine how boring all of those exams back in high school would have been if you had actually studied for all of them. ;)

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 03 Nov 2007, 01:36

okay those scores are insane i've played elwin and shaera 4 times already and the Fire Elemental is my highest out of any campaign score I have ever received!

got any tips people what i usually do is to not hire any heroes other than elwin himself and then have him go around the map all by himself. i usually finish each map in 3-4 months and with armies around the 25+ level 4 creatures range and this is for advanced difficulty. so what do you do?

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 03 Nov 2007, 06:13

Elwin wrote:except that i don't like cheating...

by the way what are some of the scores that you got on this campaign?
The True Blade ... 4530
Glory of Days Past ... 4930
The Price of Peace ... 4370
Elwin and Shaera ... 5020
Half-Dead ... 5465
A Pirate's Daughter ... 5295

Masters of Magic ... 4670
Opposites Attract ... 5485
Another Bard's Tale ... 4640
Might Makes Right ... 5220
A Matter of Life and Death ... 5475
The Gathering Storm ... 5665

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 03 Nov 2007, 06:15

Elwin wrote:got any tips people what i usually do is to not hire any heroes other than elwin himself and then have him go around the map all by himself. i usually finish each map in 3-4 months and with armies around the 25+ level 4 creatures range and this is for advanced difficulty. so what do you do?
Look at the scoring system and optimize everything. First, see if you can finish the map with the 250 points for superfast completion, that's the biggest boost you can get. Don't forget that score for battles won and quests completed resets at every load. On the last day, carefully calculate your buying of creatures as to getting the most for both wealth and armies. Etc.

This might help you:
http://heroes.pepak.net/rtb/walkthroughs/taming.htm

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 03 Nov 2007, 11:15

Trust pepak to come up with insane scores. :)

You are of course free to try out some of these recommendations for optimizing your score, Elwin, but I think they're too much of a hassle and might actually detract from your enjoyment of the map. I mean, it's much more fun (not to mention safe) to buy out all the creatures available than to worry about creating a balance between armies and wealth and so getting a higher score. Some of those scoring criteria are pretty silly to begin with.

On the other hand, you might just want to try something different on your umpteenth replaying of a campaign. :creative:

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 03 Nov 2007, 15:45

oh no WONDER my scores are so low! i for one am an absolute fanatic of keeping all your recruits alive in each campaign i reload at least 50 times whenever one recruit dies!

heheheheh, it's hard for me to get a high score for the True Blade because its like a one-man rpg with not many recruits to hire. the reason why i'm playing elwin and shaera over and over again is because it's the easiest for me to get a higher score and i love trying to beat my previous records...

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 03 Nov 2007, 17:00

Metathron wrote:Trust pepak to come up with insane scores. :)
Actually, apart from The True Blade all of these scores come from my first encounter with the game, before I even knew what I am doing. I am sure all of them could get improved by at least 25%.
Elwin wrote:oh no WONDER my scores are so low! i for one am an absolute fanatic of keeping all your recruits alive in each campaign i reload at least 50 times whenever one recruit dies!
But of course! I do that as well. The difference is, I rather not buy any creature for the fear it will die. It is so much easier to win with heroes alone! Usually, that is.

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 03 Nov 2007, 17:10

that elwin + dragon strength + disintegration is godly. I usually make him learn Nature, then Chaos magic and at the end some combat skills.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 03 Nov 2007, 18:20

pepak, you are insane. ;)

Elwin, I have never gone the chaos route with Elwin. Should try it next time around!

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 03 Nov 2007, 23:41

i think that the chaos spells save a lot more mp and time than summons. Rather than bringing up a few Phoenixes to take down the enemy just Disintegrate them instead, seriously my level 32 Disintegration killed like 90 elves in one hit!

it wasn't my idea to try the chaos spells first, in fact half of this campaign (when I first played) was done by one of my friends who I invited over to my house. He was a much better heroes player than me and he suggested the Warlock class for Elwin (but he was still not as good as you guys cuz when he finished he only got the rank of a Ballista!). The second time I played I tried giving Elwin some Tactics and yes that was useless especially since I never hired any recruits in my army and wardens are no good. Third time I gave Elwin Life magic....well the Heal spells did help a lot especially in the third scenario where there were a bunch of Titans and Dragon Golems guarding a level 4 shrine of Nature magic [after the blue(?)] portal. And Guardian Angel was fun to try out, but nothing is as destructive as the sheer pleasure of Disintegrating my enemies to no end....hahahha if only Lord Harke didn't have Grandmaster Magic Resistance I could have Disintegrated him into ashes by now but unfortunately he did and so I had to retaliate him to death. (That's right I was so bored I just defended the whole way through!)

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 Nov 2007, 00:15

Wasn't Harke and his army kind of strong? And I wonder, if you grandmastered both nature and chaos magics, how much room was left for improving your combat skills? How did you just defend then?

Return to “Heroes I-IV”