A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 27 Oct 2007, 17:39

"Hey Omega I hope you have more good shots left!" I shout as I run to take my place. I will try to see if it can be harmed once exposed, if not I'll fall back and try to aim for the crystal - Shiny gems always seem to have an importance.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 27 Oct 2007, 18:04

"And here I heard marriage was dull" Topaz says as she walks forward the beast, casting Death Ward upon herself.

"Indeed" I reply as I join her. "Never a dull moment for us." I begin to chant a Sunbeam spell towards the Dracolich.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 27 Oct 2007, 18:59

I'm going to shout up at anyone still manning the siege weapons with as much authority as I can muster. Maybe I can break them out of any trance they might be in.

"SIEGE WEAPONS! TAKE DOWN THAT ABOMINATION!"
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 27 Oct 2007, 21:44

I will teleport down to the Dracolich and try to inflict some damage via biting and clawing at the legs.

If it tries to fly off, I'll teleport onto its back.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 29 Oct 2007, 12:31

The Sunbeam spell seems to fizzle as it connects to the creature. The dark cloud seems to be interfearing with any light based spell. It obviously damages the creature, but sadly only slightly. Just enough to make it mad and focus on Omega and Topaz. Just as it starts to rush them, the darts hit the crystal. It bellows in pain. Off to the side you hear a scream of pain and Mitsu doubles over. Nothing is even near her.

As Winter teleports to crystal, and starts biting it, the creature thrashes about as if in terrible agony. Unfortunately so does Mitsu. You see wounds opening up on her, but nothing at all that could be the cause of them. The creature is thrashing it's head trying to dislodge the spectral wolf so all the other attacks against the crystal miss. Suprisingly it is already 3/4 it's original size. Apparently attacking the crystal is destroying it.

As it shrinks in size, it's fear effect slowly wears off, and other soldiers join in the fray. Too few to do more then agitate the creature right now, but at least they are keeping it off balance. In it's throws the creature manages to connect to Bear with it's tail (he was one of the first to be freed from the fear), sending him crashing into the wall hard. He does not look dead, but it is apparant he will not be getting up soon.

A few of the Balista soldiers have recovered enough and are firing at the creature. They are doing minimal damage to the beast. The beast bellows and stomps, and a few of the dead around it's feet rise. They begin to push forward. Apparently this thing can raise the dead as well.

============================================

"Excellent. Grab the dagger and push the body into the sacrifice pit. By tommorrow, all of her female relatives will be dead. Claim responsibility, and then bring me a few more sacrifices. Do NOT let anything happen to that dagger. The next eclipse is some time away."
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 29 Oct 2007, 15:43

I glance over to Mitsu shortly. I see no one around her, trying to hurt her. I don't put two and two together, realizing anything special is going on between them. I just assume it's some form of a magical attack.

"Well, Caratra. We better stop the big dead thing quickly."

I take out three more darts, and take aim for the crystal once more, aiming for it center, throwing them one at a time.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Oct 2007, 15:49

I run close to Mitsu and kneel to check her wounds. "A little help here! The gem seems to be linked to her if I'm not mistaken."
- Metathron

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 29 Oct 2007, 16:42

I survey the weakened rune mage and dracolich. "It appears they are linked. We need to-Topaz?"

Topaz has already run off to try and remove the crystal. "STOP ATTACKING THE CRYSTAL!!! WE NEED TO REMOVE IT!!!" She shouts to the defenders.

I run to Mitsu and Elvin after the turning is done. "You heard the lady. GO! I'll take care of Mitsu." I motion to Vlad. "Bring Saphire over here!" I'll cast a Mass Heal spell as soon as Saphire is within range.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 29 Oct 2007, 19:31

I stop, mid-throw, on the second dart throw. I, then, look over at Topaz. I speak to myself, pretty much asking myself:

"Stop attacking it? Remove it? Why? It's just some crystal..."

I look back to the crystal.

"Fine. But how to get all the way up there?"

If the dracolich is on the ground, I will climb up the beast. If flying, not really anything I could do. Unless I decide to be launched at it from a siege weapon.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 29 Oct 2007, 19:58

I nod and run over to Saphire. "M'lady your carriage has arrived."

With that I scoop up Saphire and scramble over towards Omega. "Unfortunately due to the short duration of your trip, we will not be serving in-transit beverages. However you can still enjoy a panoramic view of the local scenery."
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 29 Oct 2007, 20:14

The dracolich is very much on the ground. As soon as Omega casts the heal on Saphire and Mitsu, not only do they look much better, but the crystal glows and the dracolich shrinks drastically. Cracks start appearing along it. It almost looks as if this monstrosity is going to be an easy kill.

While it thrashes about, still unable to dislodge the spectral wolf, it's body suddenly starts emitting a dark cloud. Everybody in the cloud takes tremendous damage and the creature suddenly looks much better. The cloud wraps itself around the beast, so even being near the creature becomes a dangerous thing.

While up on the beast (holding for dear life and yes effected by the cloud, Winter sees something. He is too big to reach it, but there is a crack right under the crystal. Somebody with hands or sharp weapons might be able to dislodge it. Only problem being that they would have to be in this foul cloud for a bit to accomplish that.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 29 Oct 2007, 21:19

"Topaz..." I say through gritted teeth as the orbs in my eyes begin to intensify in brightness. I point to the Halfing. "Quick, come with me! I'm going to try create an oepning for you." I rush towards the monstrosity, pushing through the horrorendous pain the cloud saturates the area with. I cast a Sunburst spell when I get about 10' away from the creature, hoping to counter enough of the darkness to buy the halfing or whoever enough time to get on the creature's back and get to the crystal.
Last edited by Omega_Destroyer on 29 Oct 2007, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 29 Oct 2007, 21:30

I am going to focus on cutting down any of the dead that are rising.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 29 Oct 2007, 22:26

I shout out to the others what I have seen as I try to morph back into human form.

If I'm able, I will then try to cast a Wind Wall around me to push the cloud away from me.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Oct 2007, 22:30

Once the spell is cast I run towards the dracolich and start climbing - Hopefully one of us will get to the gem before we are thrown off.
- Metathron

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 30 Oct 2007, 07:11

I try to raise my weak body. With heavy footsteps, I walk towards the dead body of former matriarch. I look down on her hoping that I could feel even a little pity for the dead priestess, but I do not feel a thing. I bend over to grab the dagger. I pull it out slowly. Blood rapidly emerges out from the back of the dead priestess.

I glance at the dagger expecting to see its essence but instead the incident of my betrayal flashed in. I shake my head a bit to get off from the thought and try to get back in reality. After seconds of struggling, I manage to calm my mind.

With a weak shrug I hold the priestess’ body and pull it slowly near the sacrificial pit. And when it reaches the edge, I push the body off to the pit using several kicks. The body starts to fall down, I move to the edge of the pit so I could have a better view. As I watch the body consumed quickly by the pit, my eyes gleam and my lips stretched in a smile, unconsciously knowing that the view entertains me.

After the body is fully consumed, I turn around to the Spider Queen, not even minding that one wrong move and I could fall down to the pit too. I look at the Spider Queen with a blood-thirsty expression as I clutch the dagger at my side.

“Who do you want me to kill next?”
Last edited by Ceres on 05 Nov 2007, 05:08, edited 2 times in total.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 30 Oct 2007, 12:24

The Sunbeam does push back the vile cloud surrounding the creature. Only toward's it's front however. Winter shifts back into human, casting wind wall, and this clears the area around the head. Unfortunately it also slows the people trying to get to the crystal. Saphire, now feeling much better, begins to sing a song of courage. The rest of the castle is coming out of it's stupor.

Sun has been rarely inactive during this time, but finally she is prepaired. You hear her finishing up a spell, and a odd stillness fills the area. What undead have not been sent to the final death by Vlad suddenly just drop as if in peaceful repose. This angers the Dracolich which unleashes a gas from its maw. Those standing in front of the creature substain horrible damage, but save and do not outright die. Sun is one of those. She is chokeing and gagging from the putrid breath.

The beasts seems to realize it is going to go to the final death and starts thrashing at everything in sight, trying to do as much damage as it can. All the people trying for the crystal barely manage to hang on, and they reach the crystal at the same time.

=============================================

"Patience, there will be plenty of blood before it ends. Rest for now, come tommorrow go to the main house. Bring the dagger as proof that you have taken this ones place. I will be there to ensure your protection. Once you have this ones house in your clutches, bring me 10 slaves as a sacrifice. You may choose which, it does not matter. While at the main house, demand to have the army readied. I have a few minor ... irritations for you to take care of."

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 30 Oct 2007, 14:20

When I reach the crystal, I go for my axe. However, I can easily tell that I can't hold my weapon, and hold onto the beast at the same time.

"Ragh! This cursed dead thing should stay dead!"

I get on top of the crystal. I grab at its sides, and I place my feet on the skull of the dracolich.

"Stop... moving!"

I go into a rage, pushing at the skull with my feet, and pulling at the crystal with my hands.
Signature:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 31 Oct 2007, 14:48

The crystal comes free with a sudden jerk, and immediately the bones collapse. Of course this means that the ones on it begin a sudden trip to the ground. It's cloud dissapates, but now everybody is seriously injured besides Vlad because he was keeping the undead in check. Even more dark energy flows northward. The crystal is still fully intack. It resembles the others that Mitsu carries with a difference. In the middle of the crystal is what looks like a horseshoe symbol or something similar.

A huge cheer goes up through the castle as soon as the beast is felled. Many warriors lost their life this day, but at least for now it is over. Even the cursed clouds overhead can not dampen their spirits for now.

==============================================

You find you rest well that night Ceres, it is a deep and restful sleep, as if there is nothing in the world to care about. You awake right on time, better rested then you have ever been in your life. The council meeting will start soon, and you must be there to stake your claim as ordered.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 31 Oct 2007, 17:37

I sit up pretty slowly. A fall from a height like that was definitely unpleasant. And since the snow had, likely, melted from breath, or stepped on, the padding had gone away.

"Caratra, that didn't feel good."

I lay back down.

"I think I'll stay here for a while..."

I, being who I am, don't really think about this crystal as being a part of whatever Mitsu has with her. To me, this thing would end up being another trophy. Too exhausted and injured to look at it, I stick it in a pocket.
Signature:

Return to “Campfire”