losing might and magic savegames

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Losing your Might and MAgic savegames is...

Pure crap, ill smash my computer for that!!!
22%
It sucks but now i have more reason then ever to play these games again :D!
78%
A good reason to start something new (for those who hate the MM series)...
No votes
Enought reason to commit suicide, bye bye cruel world...
No votes

Total votes: 9

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

losing might and magic savegames

Unread postby darknessfood » 23 Oct 2007, 16:33

Due to a stupid virus a had to completely re-install my computer and therefor losing all of my "hard worked for" savegames from might and magic 6,7,8 and suprisingly 9.

The polls question is how bad it sucks.

And to talk about this bad experience ofcourse...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Oct 2007, 18:16

It not sucks. It is good reason to play these game once more time (even MM9 :devil:) and create new, better saves.
From time to time I clean my "buckup save games folder" (from various games) just to have motivation to play them (like deleting saves from Morrowind where I had explored all map of Solstheim - no "fog of war" was there and all external map of Morrowind Island and I had all artifacts and armor sets from game and it's expanions).

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Everyone has a glitch every now and then

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 23 Oct 2007, 19:48

Everyone has had to deal with a lost savegame every now and then. By the time it happens however I have always already had an idea for a new party or game I wanted to play anyway.
;)
PS: Everybody stop trashing MM9, I actually like it despite its problems.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Everyone has a glitch every now and then

Unread postby darknessfood » 24 Oct 2007, 00:40

[quote="CoffeeGnome"]Everyone has had to deal with a lost savegame every now and then. By the time it happens however I have always already had an idea for a new party or game I wanted to play anyway.
;)
PS: Everybody stop trashing MM9, I actually like it despite its problems.[/quote]

I fear your on your own with that one. ;|

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Oct 2007, 19:38

darknessfood wrote:
CoffeeGnome wrote:Everybody stop trashing MM9, I actually like it despite its problems.
He isn't. I also somehow like this bugged and worst MM game in series. ;)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 26 Oct 2007, 23:39

Avonu wrote:
darknessfood wrote:
CoffeeGnome wrote:Everybody stop trashing MM9, I actually like it despite its problems.
He isn't. I also somehow like this bugged and worst MM game in series. ;)
Well, i played it and got far on it. But i just did that because it's a MM game, it wasn't good and the bugs just scared me (and after some reseaarch i understood why).
But a true MM fan just hates the shit out of it, let alone a rpg fan...

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 26 Oct 2007, 23:58

A "true" MM fan does not hate any of the games. (By definition is a contradiction in terms.) However I am curious as to what "research" you had done that made you hate it even more.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 27 Oct 2007, 18:49

CoffeeGnome wrote:A "true" MM fan does not hate any of the games. (By definition is a contradiction in terms.) However I am curious as to what "research" you had done that made you hate it even more.
Well, ive read about the bugs and i didn't think that it would be SO bad. If you swim you can swim underneath the whole area. Some quests are really buggy. Music wasn't THAT good. Repetetive design. Unbalanced. Grapghic glitches. Assed up inventory. No paper dolls, it's just ugly right now. Just a short som-up of things that suck.

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 28 Oct 2007, 00:18

MM9 can be enjoyed. To a point. It just requires you to try develop your characters and ignore some of the mainly graphical bugs. It takes a couple of tries to get some fun out of the game. Although the lack of classes and interesting decisions means the game is only playable once.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 29 Oct 2007, 09:35

accabear wrote:MM9 can be enjoyed. To a point. It just requires you to try develop your characters and ignore some of the mainly graphical bugs. It takes a couple of tries to get some fun out of the game. Although the lack of classes and interesting decisions means the game is only playable once.
And i've done that once. Did not finish it though but i came fare ( to the part where you meet the leaders and need to do stuff that does not work :P )

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 Oct 2007, 10:05

So, you miss one of few very good dungeons in this game - The Dark Passage (only Tomb of 1000 Terrors is better then this one - of course to me)?
Also you haven't been in Yorwick (and in Wizard's Lab or Lich Lab)?
It is fact that beginning of MM9 (and much of main game) is boring but when you pass these parts, the game is somehow going better (of course this is my opinion).

And about what stuff that doesn't work are you talking? I didn't remember much trouble with this quest.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 29 Oct 2007, 10:48

Tomb of 1000 terrors was indeed nice. I'll admid that. I have been in Yorwick, can't remember it that good though...

EDIT: I dunno if i did the last battle (was reading the walkthrough) but the tomb i've definatly been there...

masterpoobaa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby masterpoobaa » 30 Oct 2007, 23:36

If i loose a save i rant for a bit then get over it.
Only once had a HDD die and loose MM info (including modding info) and that was highly annoying (but my fault).

I have had many instances where a savegame would Bork for some reason, so i regulary make a second save incade the first dies.
Also loading from the autosave point is handy too.

No program/game is perfect, and these things do happen from time to time.
M&M VI - the best.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 31 Oct 2007, 14:47

masterpoobaa wrote:If i loose a save i rant for a bit then get over it.
Only once had a HDD die and loose MM info (including modding info) and that was highly annoying (but my fault).

I have had many instances where a savegame would Bork for some reason, so i regulary make a second save incade the first dies.
Also loading from the autosave point is handy too.

No program/game is perfect, and these things do happen from time to time.
Just read the topic/poll post first. Then you know what happen't, now youre not making any sense at all...

Return to “Might and Magic”