MM7: most useful Misc. Skill

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

MM7: most useful Misc. Skill

Body Building
3%
Disarm Trap
39%
Identify Item
3%
Identify Monster
No votes
Learning
23%
Meditation
10%
Merchant
13%
Perception
10%

Total votes: 31

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 27 Oct 2007, 13:57

I'll say learning but disarm would be following quite closely because without it your party would be just tombstones and flowers every time you open just about any higher level chest.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Dec 2007, 20:44

Armsmaster for sure!
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 15 Dec 2007, 22:25

Imo disarm traps. Without it game becomes frustrating. Rest of skill can be done at shop until you get sufficient skill yourself, but while you dont have enaugh disarm your forced to skipp place until you do or boost skill up to nescesary value(npc,items or simply put points). Well you can open chest without but when half party is dead or disabled it realy ruins procces.

AndyNZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AndyNZ » 18 Feb 2008, 10:46

I think the Learning skill is not worth putting hard earned skill points into. I haven't fully calculated it out but I think you would spend more skill points building it up than you would gain. Also, you would be using your skill points on it early in the game when they are really needed for other skills.

Disarm Trap and ID item (and Repair later) are very useful. Arms Master is too, I guess, but it's not as easy to see it's effect.

The others are only mildly useful, at best, IMO.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 19 Feb 2008, 06:37

I find it the reverse -- it's more in the mid-game that skill points come into their own. But even one point of Learning+Scholar can make a large difference.

The question is not whether you get more Skill Points than you invest with Learning -- the point of Learning is that you're getting more HP/SP sooner. That wiggle room can come in handy both early and late -- early, when every hit point matters, and later, when you just need to survive the Walls of Mist. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

AndyNZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AndyNZ » 19 Feb 2008, 08:46

That's a good point about getting the extra spell and hit points by going to higher levels - I didn't consider that aspect of it.

I'm only half way through MM VII so I will see how helpful it would be to have the extra spell and hit points later... :)

Larec
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Larec » 08 Mar 2008, 12:40

I would say Repair. I appoint my knight as the standard repair jobber. Next to that, I'd say Disarm Trap, for obvious reasons.

True, you can make hardening potions, but like the other guy said, relics will always break. Plus with a GM Repair Knight, you don't even have to build up alchemy (I didn't in my last game).

I hope no one slams me for that. I mean no disrespect to alchemists. I'm actually much too old and lazy to mix potions and have an allergy to most reagents. ;)

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 12 Mar 2008, 17:23

Disarm Trap first priority - traps are doing a lot of damage, particularly while first part of the game.
Alchemy a little bit less - a lot of useful things. Potions like Haste, Heroism, Hardened Item and so on.

Roj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Roj » 30 Apr 2008, 17:38

Armmaster for fighter and thief.
Meditation for sorcerer and cleric.
Achemy for druid.
Nothing for others.

Return to “Might and Magic”