M&M9 experience ????

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
TrevElvis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M9 experience ????

Unread postby TrevElvis » 01 Mar 2007, 00:26

I play through MM6 - 9 and with the first 3 I have no problem getting good experience so I am a high enough level to do certain quests but with M&M9 I just cant find enough to do, there are hardly any outside areas to empty for XP and I struggle towards later game because of this, has anyone found anywhere thats good for XP or is this game too empty ????

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Mar 2007, 08:48

IIRC it's easy to reach 15-th level without fighting - you only have to complete various quest between cities like:

- Find out where the troubling gossip is originating (Stumford - Drangheim)
- Find Nicoli a circus job (Drangheim - Guberland)
- Find a buyer for the "New Brew" (Frosgard - Guberland)
- Deliver a love letter to Kira the Cold (Sturmford - Thronheim)
- Discover the identity of the spy (Sturmford)
- Deliver a message to the Temple of Ratatosk (Thronheim)
- Break up the Ice around the Dock in Frosgard
- Defeat Ivan the Smart in a battle of wits (Guberland)
- Rid Thronheim City of the "Honkies" (Thronheim)

With these quests completed, you probably have enough experience to do another quests, like Anskram Keep or promotion quests.

TrevElvis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TrevElvis » 01 Mar 2007, 11:14

I know about the little tour from the walkthrough but what I cant do is the walkthrough recommends certain levels for certain dungeons and even though I do everything the walkthrough does I never seem to be the right level for that dungeon which makes it alot harder. For instance the ruins in The Isle of Ashes it recommends level 25 but I am nearer 20 when I get to it.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 09 Mar 2007, 09:31

Heheh, Verhoffin's Ruin (that lil ruins on Isle of Ashes) should be visited at least Level 30 unless you're really careful. Those... "banshee" hit real hard.
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 09 Mar 2007, 10:42

Actually you can grab the key in your first visit at Verhoffin Ruins, plus empty at least four chests and leave unnoticed with no problems at all. Of course, it requires some tricks like playing with TBM and closing the doors - too bad the banshees can't open them and will calm down after some time. However, zombies are smarter, if you are going for the silver book - you will have to kill at least two zombies with a level 1 party which is not as easy as you think, plus keeping in mind that you can't save in combat. Really challenging stuff. :)

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 24 Oct 2007, 23:11

How are you going to empty the chests in Verhoffin Ruins on your first visit? Your disarm traps will not be nearly high enough when you first visit the Isle of Ashes, or are you talking later in the game (like about 20th level?) :|

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Oct 2007, 12:37

CoffeeGnome wrote:How are you going to empty the chests in Verhoffin Ruins on your first visit? Your disarm traps will not be nearly high enough when you first visit the Isle of Ashes, or are you talking later in the game (like about 20th level?) :|
Well, he mentioned killing 2 zombies being level 1 ;)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 Oct 2007, 19:12

There's no trainer on the island.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 26 Oct 2007, 07:12

Hmmm.... sounds interesting Arturchix care to elaborate?

Return to “Might and Magic”