Heroes Complete Edition Details

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 24 Oct 2007, 19:51

Yeah, I know, arturchix said it earlier.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 24 Oct 2007, 19:59

I have an idea: you could pretend that the Chronicles are on the DVD and get that sweet sense of achievement that geeky collectiors get... without having to play those boring maps. I'll even send you a blank DVD with Heroes Chronicles Complete written on it if you want. :D

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Oct 2007, 21:22

It's all in the mind anyway ;)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 24 Oct 2007, 21:52

I never thought that so many people don't have Chronicles. The only problem with those campaigns, is that once played, a long time must pass till you want to play them again.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 25 Oct 2007, 17:46

I didn't find them that boring. I loved Masters of the Elements, Clash of the Dragons & the Sword of Frost. Revolt of the Beastmaster was a bit of a disappointment. I only started Conquest of the Underworld and the Tree of Life and I remember them pretty interesting - just didn't get the time back then to finish them. Fiery Moon and the other one (don't remember now) couldn't be that bad either... Probably just a matter of taste.

Don't take this wrong AS - but if put it like that ("sense of achievement that geeky collectors get") - then why would we buy Heroes Complete anyway, considering the fact that most of us own most of the titles at least once? I find the sarcasm (or mocking? - can't find the right word) a bit uncalled for.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 25 Oct 2007, 18:15

I have to support Angelspit here. I actually find collector habits pretty amusing as well. Sarcasm may be uncalled for, but as long as it hits the mark you have to live with it. And with collectors it does hit the mark, since a collector, as soon as he is a "collector" doesn't buy because he likes an item, he buys to complete his collection.
ZZZzzzz....

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 25 Oct 2007, 18:38

I never said that they are boring.

I really like them, and to use your words I sensed some freak feeling completing then, and even when I got them in my hand.

I just said that if you complete tham must pass a year till when you want to play, just like most maps.

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 27 Oct 2007, 11:31

@Muszka:

I don´t mind that name confusion at all! :D Actually I got good laughts out of it instead. ;)

PS: HV Complete Edition is finally available @ Ubisoft shopping (at least I have positive experiences from this place) in English, French & Deutsch:

http://shop.ubi.com/default.asp
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein | Kiitos Lordi!

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 27 Oct 2007, 15:41

JJ, you didn't post that to support Angelspit actually, and you know it. And as in half of your posts, you're again missing the point, as I'm not at all a collector (in the sense expressed by you). Go read my posts again, and if you still don't get it, I'll explain...

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 27 Oct 2007, 21:07

Zamolxis wrote:JJ, you didn't post that to support Angelspit actually, and you know it. And as in half of your posts, you're again missing the point, as I'm not at all a collector (in the sense expressed by you). Go read my posts again, and if you still don't get it, I'll explain...
I'm not going to argue with you, Zam. If you are no collector, AS's post wasn't even directed at you, so no reason for you to even complain about his post.
For the rest, correct me if I'm wrong but your post seems to indicate you already have the Chronicles...
ZZZzzzz....

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 28 Oct 2007, 12:55

That site is really works, I mean the others worked too, but it's nice to read on english though.

Big thanks to FantoMaxJM.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 28 Oct 2007, 17:35

@JJ: I have only 3 titles from the Chronicles. 2 not in a very good state so I didn't bother taking them with me when I moved to Belgium (I left them with my brother).

About AS's post - it was clearly directed to me - just that he missed a bit my point. Don't get me wrong though - I still like & respect the man - I got to know him too well these last couple of years since I joined RT to think of him otherwise.

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 11 May 2008, 06:25

sry to bring back an old post,

but did someone receive The Dark Messiah Map?(is that really a paper map or is it software?) or The Fan-Made Manual? (did they mean the PDF version?)

I just received a box and didn't get non of the aforementioned. Also didn't see any pictures on the net of neither....

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 11 May 2008, 14:02

The fan-made manual is a .pdf in the game directory. The Dark Messiah map is a playable scenario which comes with the game, should be found on the disc if I remember correctly.

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 11 May 2008, 16:05

Yeah, so i figured out...

Its kind of a bummer. Especially if they write it as part of the included content of the box and give it a separate mentioning, at least they could have write that its not something you can hold with your hands, pffff.

Well i'm not complaining much. :P
This collector's edition is still worth every penny (that i overpaid) :)

a shame though, i really wanted to have a book Fan-Made Manual so i could read it in the toilet :D i hate reading on the comp.

Return to “News”