A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 22 Oct 2007, 02:46

As a soldier already, I have no problems gathering a contingent of men as I rush outside to join the fray. I throw a spear at the first foe I see and then rush to those who are being overrun.

"Damn Undead. Think they would have tire of attacking us. And who in the Hells bring Dracoliches to a fight?! We better hope the Guardian holds up."
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 22 Oct 2007, 04:20

"Super!" I groan .... I will take Sun and we will go rouse more troops from their fugue .... then pick a wall to climb and see what we can do to help
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 22 Oct 2007, 09:27

I look at the guard frigidly expressing my tedium of the news. The honor that he is talking about being summoned to that chamber doesn’t really excite me. I don’t feel honored and I do not deserve honor.

“I’ll go at once,” I reply weakly with a slight smile.

My footsteps are heavy as I approach the said chamber. No significant thoughts surge into my mind since it had been frozen by the recent events. But a little instinct still remains. I still think about the reason why I am summoned.

“Bad or worse…” I unconsciously release some words, “I don’t…really…care.”

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 22 Oct 2007, 13:23

There seems to be plenty of targets, including seige weapons. The magical fear of the Undead Dragons is hard to overcome. However, as soon as Saphire's rousing song is heard, the once fearful soldiers spring into action. There seems no end to the undead. Each of you strike down one after another, but they just keep coming. The guardian is holding it's own..for now, but unlike previously it is not going unharmed. Finally confident of an overwhelming victory Taros joins the frey.

As the battle heats up, Taros first encounters Jade. She is a warrior, so is on the front lines. Without breaking a stride, he decapitates her, and her headless body falls to the ground. Saphire sees this, and for a moment stops playing, her face pale. The warriors waver, then Saphire starts playing a differnt tune. Now the ones near her become like beserkers, ignoring defense for pure offensive might. Leaning in she says. "Head toward that thing. I want his head!"

==============================================

As you enter the summoning room you immediately sense something is wrong. You see a person lying on the floor, the dagger that has absorbed Moon's essence jutting out of their back. This is not good, not good at all. You now have two choices, both with potential for disaster. Flee, and take the chance that somebody important knows you were here. In which case you would be hunted and killed. Or take credit for the death, due to Drow customs, if you destroy the person's house entirely, you would take their place in the Hierarchy.

The body is of the second ranking priestess of Lloth. If you take credit, and take out her house, you would be very prominant in the Drow Society. As you are deciding you here a sweet seductive voice. "Come closer child." a spectral image is now in the room. The body of a giant spider, with the torso of a beautiful woman. "Yesss, you will do nicely. I can give you power beyond your imagination. Agree to a few terms, and you may one day rule the Drow in my name."
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 22 Oct 2007, 15:36

I, being quite bored here, am nearly falling asleep as the battle starts. However, I do, fairly quickly, hear the undead break through. I leave the building I'm in, and look upon the invading force.

"Caratra, the dead things have come... Finally, something to do..."

I almost run to get Nuvlihr, but see the snow in front of me.

"Rotten snow! Why do you have to be so high?!"

I take my ax in hand, and rush the undead. As well as I can, at least. Again, the snow is so deep.(if going, still, with the 3' deep snow, that would make Belaver shorter than its surface)
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 22 Oct 2007, 22:07

"Gotcha." First move is to try to get a few men for a small wedge formation. Regardless of the success of that, I'll steer Darla towards Taros and begin a controlled charge. Hopefully that'll allow me to adjust to any unexpected interference.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 23 Oct 2007, 00:24

I man a ballista and aim projectiles where most needed. Some of our formations are already overrun and hopefully it will give them some time to regroup.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 23 Oct 2007, 01:45

I stare down Taros ((what exactly am I staring down? :))) and shout:

"I will kill you for this, you hear me?!"

I shoot Taros in the arm with a Called Shot, as I start chanting a Snare spell, aiming the created trap in front of him.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 23 Oct 2007, 18:23

The arrow misses, warded off by some entropic force. Taros smiles as he effortlessly moves through the snare. "Two years and this is all you bring to the fight?"

The thundering hooves of Darla alert the Pale Master of the Vlad's furious assault but he just casually raises his skeletal hand, summoing a blade barrier between himself and the horse. Before the beast can stop, it flies into the barrier, tearing the poor beast apart and sending Vlad flying to the ground. Darla collapses in a pile of organs and blood. Taros cackles with glee.

"I bet you are as upset that I killed your poor horse as your friend is that I killed your warrior friend." His skeletal hand begins to weave as he points a war sycthe forward. "Don't worry, I'll reunite you two with them. In fact, I'll do one better. I'll reunite them for you two." Negative energy streaks forth from the sychte and his hand right into the bodies of the beast and warrior. The two bodies levitate and collide in a poof of black smoke. A monstrous, undead, headless centaur now stands before the ranger and fighter. The monster rushes at the ranger, cleaver in hand, and slashes. The attack misses Fate, but slices his bow in two.

"Have fun with your old friends!" Taros laughs as he walks towards the castle gates. "I have other business to attend to."

The Pale Master confidantly marches on, striking down warriors foolish enough to approach him. Terrifyingly, the dead bodies rise instantly to fight the living, creating an endless army of undead. Strangely, he seems completely uninterested in the guardian, who has managed to defeat all but two of the dracoliches with some effort. The plating of the enormous golem seems to be repairing itself throughout the battle, instilling the weary soldiers with a small sense of hope. Massive ballista bolts pierce the undead hordes but firing becomes tricky as vampires come to engage the operators.

Taros looks around at the chaos before entering the gates, to survey the destruction he is bringing. "I haven't had this much fun since I destroyed Anusia. It's too bad my fun wi-"

A metallic voice stops him in his tracks. "My wife. Do you know where my wife is?" The Blind Man stands before Taros, clad in simple chain mail, holding sword and shield.

Taros bursts out in a deep laughter, completley reveling in the cruel visage of the Blind Man. "And here you are!" he begins walking towards the blind one. "After all this time, I've managed to find you again."

"Who are you? Where is my wife?" responds the sightless sentry.

"HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!" Taros booms louder. "Your wife? That foolish woman?!"

The Blind Man rushes Taros and wildy swings in a pathetic display. Taros brings the blunt end of his sycthe crashing into the side of the Blind Man, bringing him to his knees. The blow staggers the crippled man greatly, blood gurgles his coughing. "Wh-where is my-my wife?" he says meakly as blood drips from the base of the helmet.

A skeletal hand grabs the Blind Man by the mask and lifts him off the ground, pulling the Blind Man's head closer to his own. Pure odium lines Taros's voice "You pathetic excuse for a man. I killed your congregation, I destroyed your church, I plucked out your eyes, and I'm the one that cursed you to search endlessly for a wife I killed long ago." The Blind Man isn't struggling at this point; Taros's words cutting into him deeper than any sword. "YOU ARE WORTHLESS!!!" screams Taros his skeletal hand crushes the mask, shattering it, and dropping the Blind Man to the ground. Taros looks down on him with unbridled hatred.

A horribly cut up face, devoid of eyes, and bleeding rises to Taros. "You!" is all that is said before a boot kicks the face of the freed man, sending him flying back several feet.

"WHERE'S THE BOOK??!!! WHERE IS THAT DAMNED BOOK OMEGA???!!!" Screams Taros as points his sycthe at the ruined cleric. Negative energies begin to swirl around the pale master, preparing to lash out.
Last edited by Omega_Destroyer on 25 Oct 2007, 07:28, edited 3 times in total.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 23 Oct 2007, 18:43

I stop going after the undead, and watch Taros, and his actions, destroying any undead that approaches me. I clear the snow in front of me, to get a better view, if I must.

"Dead raiser is gaining new dead people, Caratra. And not in a good way. He needs to be stopped!"

I change what direction I'm heading in, and go after Taros. When I reach him, I will attack in a rage, swinging upwards.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 23 Oct 2007, 22:11

I'm going to first check on Saphire's condition (I wasn't the only one on the horse). If she's ok, I'll go after the new creation. Specifically cutting it's legs out.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 23 Oct 2007, 22:28

I will aim to decapitate any vampires coming my way to take a shot at Taros before he completes his incantation assuming it's possible.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 24 Oct 2007, 02:37

I toss my shattered bow aside.

"Tch!"

I morph into spirit wolf form and proceed to teleport next to Taros, biting him in the arm.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Oct 2007, 17:54

Mitsu starts casting fire wall On the side with the undead, next to the wall breach ((ooc: hehe my spells have a tendency to not go where I aim them)). Should prevent a lot of the undead from coming through. Getting a nice view point, she starts casting fireballs where there is only undead. Figuring that she would be of little assistance with Taros currently, until she runs out of energy, this is what she will do (ie chain cast fireball).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 25 Oct 2007, 04:23

The battle intensifies as Alliance bodies fall and rise as undead soldiers. Thousands of skeletons, zombies, vampires and the like now lay seige to the frozen city. Several try to enter breached sections of walls and are incinerated by the fires set by Mitsu. As the legions approach, several fireballs fly from the hands of the rune mage, torching her persistent foes.

The battle on the ramparts escalates with every new vampire managing to kill off the defenders. Elvin manages to slay several, but several of the war machines can't be saved. A clear shot at Taros proves impossible as more and more vampires arrive. The few men still standing on the wall start to panic and quickly become food for the monsters.

Saphire lies unconscious as blood flows out of a large gash on her forehead. As Vlad examines the wounds, the undead centar rapidly charges the warrior. As if by instinct, the warrior quickly spins around and hews the front legs off the creature, sending the abomination crashing to the ground. It struggles to correct itself in vain before the massive foot of the guardian crushes it with a heavy step as it grapples with the last of the dracoliches. The boney dragon spews black fire at the guardian's face, sending the golem back but not stopping it. An enormous hand grabs the dragon by the neck and the others grabs its skull. With a loud crack, the guardian rips the monsters head off, destroying it. A small cheer goes up from a few of the standing soldiers but is quickly drowned out by the chaos.

"TIME FOR YOU TO DIE OMEGA!" screams Taros as the negative energies come to a head. Before he can blast the cleric, teeth clench heavily into his arm and throw off his concentration. Pain crosses his face as he flails about trying to throw the spirit beast off. By chance, his sycthe meets the blow of the barbarian and breaks in half. Enraged by the disurption, the dark general surges with energy that knocks Fate and Titan back several feet. "YOU WILL NOT INTERFERE!" as the energy begins to accumulate in his skeletal hand.

Omega stumbles around, desperately trying to collect himself. He clinches his side with his left arm as he rises to his feet. He points his right hand as vast amounts of positive energy begin to swirl and brighten the area. "THIS ENDS NOW!" he shouts gurgly and fires a ray forward.

The ray narrowly misses Taros and flies towards the guardian. There's a bright explosion that sends shockwaves throughout the battle, knocking the pale master, ranger, barbarian, and cleric off the ground. The sound of heavy chunks of metal falling to the ground sound through the air. After a few seconds, the dust clears and reveals the broken remains of the guardian.

A look of relief washes over Taros's face as he looks at the destroyed construct and turns back to Omega. He begins to laugh manically at the failed effort as he stands to his feet and walks to the cleric. Again he lifts up the cleric, but this time, by the his neck. "I got to hand it to you. I didn't think you had that much power left in you. Good thing you didn't have your eyes or I might be having a really bad day." His skeletal fingers start clamping down on Omega's neck. "It's not so bad. You'll finally be reunited with your dead wife." But the taunting is just met with a smile and a faint laugh. "She's not dead" Omega says as he points behind him.

Taros turns his head to find a golden-haired woman, dressed in golden armor, and holding a glowing sword in one hand and a book in the other, standing in front of him. "Who are you?!" he demands. His query is answered by the sword plunging into his gut. Blood flows out of his mouth as he lets go of Omega. The woman lets go of the blade as the pale master staggers to a nearby wall. "You look like the Hells" she says as she helps the cleric stand. She hands the book to him "I believe this is yours."

"Wh-who are you?" Taros asks again as he struggles to pull the blade out. Try as he might, his fingers are repelled by the positive energies flowing through the sword. Omega's eye sockets begin to fill with two orbs of light as he takes the book. Light pours forth from its pages, bathing the cleric in healing energies and mending his body. "She's my wife" says the Sunrise Lord, completely renewed.

"But that's impos-impossible... I killed her" says Taros, haunched over in pain. With great effort, he manages to pull out the blade and throw it to the ground. "She died two weeks before I stormed your city. You couldn't have raised a half-vam-"

"Your'e right. Jasmin did die" interrupts Omega as he summons forth the broken pieces of the blind helmet. Using the powers of the book, he fashions a new helmet, in the shape of a sun and places it on his head. "But she died defending the church and Anusion rewarded her sacrifice."

"I am now called Lady Topaz" the paladin says as she picks up her sword. "But I do believe it's time we contemporized a bit and started referring to the Sun God by his real name."

"You're correct Topaz" Omega say as he opens up the book and begins reading a passage. "Lathander has grown tired of your schemes Taros. It's time to end all of this."

"But how?" asks Taros in a whisper, competely in shock at the revival of his archenemy.

"How have you been defeated? Very well. I shall indulge you" Omega begins. "It was smart of you to team up with the demons because they used their dmeonic rituals to interfere with the book's power. This made fighting the combined armies a losing battle. Sensing defeat, I sent the book off with my reborn wife before the final seige of Anusia. It took a great deal of magic to keep you from finding her as she fled the city."

Taros begins to finally understand his undoing. "The armor... you hid her in the armor."

"Correct. Remember when you stormed the church and plucked out my eyes? Do you remeber what happened after that?" Omega asks. Taros grits his teeth in quiet affirmation. "I asked a boon of the Morninglord to keep her safe and completley hidden from everyone until I returned. Thankfully, it was granted. And since she had the book, there was no way you were ever going to find it."

"This... this can't be. You were defeated; broken" Taros whispers.

"We were. And now it's your turn villain" Topaz says in disgust as she walks to her husband.

Omega starts to chant as light energy begins to illuminate the area. Two golden handles materialize in front of him and he hands the book to Topaz. Grasping both handles, he addresses his nemesis for the last time. "This is your undoing Pale Master. All the evil and darkness you have wrought upon these lands is at an end." With that, he pulls the handles apart, as if opening a door.

Above the battlefield, the sky lights up as lines of light begin to draw the visage of a door. A great creaking sound is heard as the phantom doors pull apart to revel a golden sun and thousands of spirits. The spirits all chant and the sun's light grows stronger, eventually bathing the entire city in divine energy. The undead are instantly destroyed; skeletons crumble, zombies fall limp, vampires are incinerated, and shadows are vaporized. All that remains is the army of the Northern Alliance and the heroes.

Taros looks scared as the spirits' gaze falls upon him. "Recognize them?" asks Omega as the light begins to shine upon Taros. "Those are all of the people you killed in Anusia. They are your undoing." Taros begins to scream as the light intensifies and his body starts to break apart, leaving nothing but ash of the Night Lord's general.

The doors in the sky close and silence reigns for several moments until the soldiers start cheering in victory.
Last edited by Omega_Destroyer on 25 Oct 2007, 20:53, edited 6 times in total.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 25 Oct 2007, 04:59

As soon as the Centaur was destroyed, I get back to Saphire and frantically trying to stop the bleeding. Once I notice the light show going on, I decide that now would be a good time to put out the call.

"MEDIC!"

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 25 Oct 2007, 20:39

I rush to my feet, as soon as I can, grabbing hold of my axe. I begin to charge back into action, but "The Blind Man"'s events have already come into play, so I ease to a stop.

I watch those events unfold, and the destruction of Taros.

"Well, Caratra. That was fun. It kind of hurt, though... I suppose the snow isn't so rotten. Makes falling not hurt as much."

I put my axe away, dust the snow off, then head over to where the majority of our group is.
Signature:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 26 Oct 2007, 00:42

The few remaining healers that survived the onslaught rush out and do what they can for the injured. All the injured are moved to huge tents inside the massive gates of the city. Crews start piling what is left of the undead corpses onto huge pyres, to ensure they never rise again. It is an ordered chaos.

One of the crew leads comes up whispers something to the King. "What do you mean you can not find her body! She did not rise as an undead, and we know where she fell!"

Before the person can respond something unusual happens. A sort of dark energy rises from the bodies of all the undead, and starts flowing northward. The clouds overhead slowly thicken, with the guardian now not protecting Frostmourn from the evil taint. As the energy from the undead flows the thicker the dark cloud gets. A sense of dispair and hopelessness begins to settle accross the frozen tundra.

Unseen by any a small bone floats through the air, then another and then another. Finally somebody notices, despite all the chaos, and points out of the castle. A bluish crystal, dully glowing and pulsing, is gathering the bone shards. As the collect rapidly a shape is taking form. It is vaguely dragon like in shape, and that is when it is noticed that the small bones are coming from all the destroyed dracoliches.

"Foolish fleshbags. Cowering behind your walls, fearing the darkness. You think you have won a victory today, but all you have done is fed our greatest weapon. My essence collectors will feed well tonight. Meanwhile, I give you a gift. You get to play with one of my little pets. the voice comes from nowhere, and everywhere. ((ooc: note the energy is not going into the new dracolich, but flowing north))

The new dracolich is larger then the others by far, at least twice as big. It is mishapen, as it's parts are made up from the fallen dracoliches. In the middle of it's forhead is a blue crystal that looks sort of familiar.

Everybody is frozen by fear. The creature roars as it is made whole, and rushes the tower. Dragonfear is added to the oppressive clouds overhead.

===============================================

"Child it is easy. If you pledge yourself to me, I will ensure that her house will be yours. I will give you the power to destroy all the females of her family, and claim all this is hers for yourself. Choose quickly, but choose wisely. It is only a matter of time before somebody arrives. As for that dagger, you must keep it for me for now. Until the eclipse I can not drain it's essence. Even in death that nit Moon is more trouble then she is worth." The spirit might as well be talking about the weather when she mentions destroying the priestess' house. Cold and emotionsless, she could care less about the deaths.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 26 Oct 2007, 02:16

“I –“, my speech halts as I feel the dryness through my throat, seems that it don’t want a word to be spoken.

Rationally, I feel peril, but naturally my body moves in. I walk near the woman disregarding any possible risk that may happen to me. I try to recognize the figure as I close in.

“Lolth!” , I say to myself with amazement.

I quickly drop down on my knees; bow my head facing the cold ground and stay still. It is necessary that I should show respect, since she is a deity – sadly, an evil one and of drows. She killed her. It feels good since I do not like her from the start. And about Dhalia, I wonder if she’s in favor of the Spider Queen. Maybe not, since the Spider Queen acts this way. However, she should be in favor since she had done many things that look pleasing for the Spider Queen.

“Very confusing...” I assume. This is still a puzzle to me. I cannot figure out the next node. It’s dark. I can’t see a thing.

At this point of time, fleeing is unreasonable. There are two truths that I consider – First, I am before a powerful creature, I know what she can do if I displease her; Lastly, I feel weak due to lack of rest and the pressures that was brought upon me recently. And now, another demand presses me.

I study the deity’s offer to me though it’s useless to since I have no other choice. Apparently, killing of drow females turn out better. I assume that it is an advantage. The hierarchy issue on the other hand, appears to be a double-edged weapon since I will be tied to Lolth.

But I must take risks. I need to do this. With a stiff voice, I answer her query, “I will do whatever you wish of me, Spider Queen.”
Last edited by Ceres on 03 Nov 2007, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 27 Oct 2007, 17:24

I watch as the dracolich come in.

"Caratra, it's another of the dead raiser's dead beasts... I don't like those things... Hard to chop them to bits, up there."

I grab hold of my darts, preparing for a chance to throw some at it. The crystal is the part that looks most like a dart board, so I choose it as my target.
Signature:

Return to “Campfire”