A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 19 Oct 2007, 04:55

I stay standing, seeing as how I am not a guest of my King, but a soldier. However, it would be rude of me to spit in the face of tradition, so I slam the brew. "Ahhh...now that hits the spot."

I motion for another drink while trying to quickly summarize the recent trek. "Sire, these three warrirors seek to join us in driving back the devils that dare attack our mighty city. There were three more fo them, but we were ambushed by spiders on the way here. My fellow hunters did not make it." I say with a hint of sorrow on my voice.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 19 Oct 2007, 05:02

Mitsu grins. "Couldn't very well have them follow us now could we? With any luck they will be chasing their own tail for hours. Everybody get ready, we are headed to Frostmorn in the morning. I will even call us some spectral steeds. We need to get their fast. I have a ... bad feeling."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The king looks sad. "I am sorry for your losses. You are safe here, however. Our guardian is invincible. Even if the might of all the armies combined would show up at our doorstep, we would be as safe as can be. It is good to know that there are other things we can rely on however. Your strength has always been a welcome addition Bear. When we leave here I want you to tally our strength, we may very well take the fight to them tommorrow. Though it is nice and comfortable here, I tire of them just out of reach."
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Oct 2007, 05:04

"Frostmourn, isn't that where the others went to?"
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 19 Oct 2007, 05:12

"Yes, my Auguary was specific. We need to get to Frostmourn. No idea why, but it said we should take the Blind Man to Frostmourn. Dang Auguaries and their riddles."
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Oct 2007, 05:25

"Hmmm, not sure I trust Auguries all that much, but since Anusia wasn't looking too good, maybe it's for the best ...."

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 19 Oct 2007, 06:05

"Weezawah? Well that'll teach me to reminisce on my feet. *grumble* I already have a horse..."
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 19 Oct 2007, 13:16

I dare to move close to Muerrick and tap his shoulder to get his attention, “So what’s the plan, guard?” I whisper to him, “Well me? I’m going to stay here…for backup.”

Afterwards I move away from him.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 19 Oct 2007, 15:11

"I guess I'm not used to this kind of thing yet." I say shaking my head trying to reorient myself.

"Any guesses what we may find there? I dislike doing something I know nothing about but I will follow you."
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 19 Oct 2007, 16:12

Mitsu has no idea what will be found at Frostmourn. She goes out buys things like furs, a wagon, a couple of horses, and some backpacks. Of course she has to 'borrow' some cash, but at least they will be prepaired for the cold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guard moves over to Ceres. "You locate and neutralize the hedge mage. Should be in a shack to the north of the city. Then send a flare up into the air with your magic, we will handle the rest."

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 19 Oct 2007, 16:18

I, too, remain standing. I drink the mead, and set the mug in the chair.

"Pretty good."

Being one who finds most of these conversations long and boring, I decide to leave. I met the king, and that's good enough for me.

"Come, Caratra."

I turn and head out of the castle, to explore the outside area some more.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 19 Oct 2007, 17:36

"Can you believe that?" I start talking to Darla again as I ready her for the trip, "I mean, where did that sense of urgency come from? Nowhere I tell ya..."
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Oct 2007, 00:02

I will get my gear ready, and then get everything prep'ed for the journey, "We ready? Let's go!"

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 20 Oct 2007, 14:15

I heave a sigh after hearing Muerrick’s instruction. I wish to converse further but it seems that he’s too busy commanding the others. I drop the idea since it won’t make any sense. I’m sure I won’t be able to convince him that I should just stay behind. It’s just a waste of time.

With that, I leave the group and head towards the instructed location. I try to be cautious as I can so the village guards won’t notice me. However, I cannot hide my disapproval with this mission. My movements turn heavy as walk further. Killing innocent people feels wrong.

“Killing is wrong?” I manage to chuckle a bit at myself since I found that illogical.

I’m evil now; I should not forget it and I should act like one, although my heart denies it. Thought of escaping enters my mind. I look back at the group; it is possible that one could finish me off before I could go far and aside from that, Mistress Dhalia knows my every move. I know Mistress Dhalia used me. But I cannot blame her. Nobody is responsible for my action other than me. I drop the idea with dismay. The only way I could see now is forward, to the wizard.

“Why did I make things complicated?” I ask myself.

I begin to tremble as I near the hut. At first, I assume it’s because I fear the consequences that I might soon face due to my betrayal. I grasp my arms trying to ease the trembling and the coldness that I feel just suddenly, cold sweats drop off from my head. And after a moment, I begin to understand. Aside from that, I realize that I also fear facing the wizard.

This is the first time will I face a wizard alone. I am totally clueless on what should I do. I’ve seen how powerful wizards are. I know I can cast powerful spells, but how to use it effectively is something I lack.

“The priestess was wrong. She said there will be no resistance, but why there’s a wizard here?” I whine, but only to myself which is useless. “Oh!”

An idea suddenly stream to my mind. Now it’s clear to me. There is totally no resistance for her drows…but not for me.

“I should’ve not missed that!” I smirk to myself.

My head begins to hurt again since I cannot dig any ideas on how should I neutralize this wizard. I don’t even know a thing about him. I don’t even know if he knows I’m here with the drows. I don’t even know if my attack will synchronize with Muerrick’s plan. What if he could counter my first attack? I feel so vulnerable.

The thoughts resulted to confusion. The only spell that seems clear to my mind is Fireball. With that, I ignorantly decide to cast it targeting the wizard’s shack.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 20 Oct 2007, 22:04

The fireball hurtles through the distance, connecting to the shack. With a quiet whooomp the shack goes up. If anything was in there, it is nothing but ash now. Seeing the fire light up the sky the drow attack. It is over in minutes. They keep a few alive for slaves, a few for sacrifices, but for the most part the city runs deep with blood.

=========================================

On the trail to Frostmourn

It is a long way, even with magical steeds, or steeds enhanced with magic. Mitsu calls a halt for the night. "Why don't we set up camp here? I'll take first watch. Who wants to be next?"

Not much happens during the night, but it's not till morning that you notice that Mitsu never actually put up her tent. Apparently, she volunteered Elvin to share his tent last night. It did seem unusual she didn't press on that night. In a few more days you will reach Frostmourn.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Oct 2007, 23:36

*raises an eyebrow*

"Well after that, interesting evening, shall we press on Mitsu?"

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 21 Oct 2007, 04:52

“Fast…” I mutter.

I expect a tough fight with the wizard but it did not happen. Though still a bit cautious, I turn back instinctively. In an instant, my body weakens seeing the bloody aftermath of the assault. But I try to hold my stand, though I cannot move even an inch.

Still, confusion holds my mind. It seems that good and evil are fighting over. One part says ‘it‘s not right…’ while the other declare ‘it’s perfect!’. One of the two voices appears to dominate. And I didn’t realize that I am now smiling.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Oct 2007, 14:40

The next two days are uneventful, a quiet seems to have settled around. You encounter a few patrols, but even when they do notice you, it is as if they just don't care. As you get closer and closer to Frostmourn the sky gets darker and more oppressive. Only when you come within 100' feet of the front gates does it lift. Once inside it is as if it never happened. Everybody is cheery and pleasant.

A dark sinister voice rings out from outside the gates. "Did you really think it was that easy? Finally we have the means to destroy this accursed castle. Rise my new minions, destroy everything!!"

An aura of absolute fear stretches into the castle. Dozens of dark shapes launch themselves from the ground. They are strangly silent, except what sounds like the creak of bones. As they rise, at first, it is hard to distinguish what they could be. It is not till one breaks off and sends a foul green mist toward the castle that it becomes apparent. Dracoliches. He has brought Dracoliches! Only the stautest of the warriors can even move, let alone fight.

One of the creatures does a suicide dive and tears through the front gate. The battle for Frostmourn has begun. The guardian springs into action, ripping apart the dracoliches. There are so many, there is a chance that even the guardian can not take them all.

===============================================

After the destruction of the town the Drow gather everything they can and retreat to the underground. No celebration, no fan faire. They have done their job, but it is just the beginning. Darkness is spreading on the overworld. Soon, they will be able to go about without fear of the harsh sun. None will be able to stop them. Especially if Lloth can be summoned.

Arriving back at the Undercity the group reports back to their leader. It will be a little while before they return to the surface, but it is a good day. One of the guards aproaches Ceres. "You are wanted in the summoning chamber. Report there immediately. It will be a great honor for you, none but Drow usually are even able to come withing a thousand feet."

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 21 Oct 2007, 23:53

After realizing what just happened I quickly look around for warmachines or anything that could do considerable damage.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 22 Oct 2007, 00:51

I'm gonna see if I can send a couple of people to assist Elvin should he find any siege weapons.

Next, I've got an idea that involves Saphire. "Saph, if you've got an inspirational song of heroic deeds you can sing, and you can do it from horse back, follow me."

The plan is that the song will inspire the troops to action, while I'm going to be trying to get the defensive effort organized.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 22 Oct 2007, 02:39

I notice what is going on and react.

I shout out to everyone in the room (SWST and Jade if I'm not mistaken):

"We need to go help the others!"

I ready my bow and move outside, ready to shoot one of the Dracoliches, or protect someone from them, if need be.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Return to “Campfire”