Wulfstan's Defiance - Laszlo

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 01 May 2007, 13:42

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/678

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 01 May 2007, 13:42

Thank you, Maltz, for all your excellent walkthroughs. It doesn't matter if there is anything missing. In this mission I found a prison, where a Level 2-Rune Mage called Brand can be freed (at the spot marked with T IV in the map). Maybe he wasn't worth to be mentioned. He couldn't help in this mission. :)

aero_faith
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aero_faith » 28 Aug 2007, 02:31

What difficulty did you play this at? I've been trying to play it on easy and I can't manage to build up an army big enough to beat Laszlo. I've downloaded the patch and even got the tears of asha early in the game but still he comes after me starting after about one month and he has a huge army. I've tried to rush the 3rd garrison and can't seem to get past that until several weeks in where I can have an army to do so, but by then Laszlo is too strong. Help?!!

jake104
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jake104 » 03 Sep 2007, 06:33

I am having the same problem playing on easy setting. The mission is practicly impossible!

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 03 Sep 2007, 13:12

it depends what skills you have i defeated him when i captured that town on left side and stayed there and waited until he attacks

jake104
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jake104 » 16 Sep 2007, 18:32

well I am glad to say I finally won the map the other day, but it wasn't very easy. I think this is the toughest map in the expansion so far.

yeppados
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yeppados » 20 Oct 2007, 04:52

Laszlo on normal went throug the garrison and although my town was full build (except for the dragon upgrade) was nerly stormed by him. His very first throw with catapult destroyed the door and his army was bigger than mine plus he picked artifacts in the wagon but didnt drop them. Took a lot of rune and without the extra shields from the city i couldn't win (tryed outside and was impossible). Having master ligth and some destructive didn't help too much because his troop are resistant to magic and he cast succesfull dispel. Unlukly i hadnt my favourit black magic that has the unmached advantage to have the usually bigger enemy troop fighting at your side!!

yeppados
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yeppados » 20 Oct 2007, 04:56

And about the tear i got it in a different place from the one you suggest.

yeppados
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yeppados » 01 Nov 2007, 04:02

Did again on heroic. This time also Duncan had some usefull expert light magic. I had duncan eplorin\flagging on the left side and the dwarf on the right and then inverted the side after the first garrison. They Got ALL except the dark dragons without even summoning creatures from town and with about no losses. Found amazing how the single battle diving griffin was able to win over water elemental with no losses. So when Laszo arrived i had a full developed town with the asha tear. i had incredible statistic from tons of artifacts. The battle with dark magic and the sar-isssu wand who negate magic immunities was a kind of revenge.

The enemy griffin never went in being constantly frenzy or puppeted and for revenge i destroyed th catapult....Laszlo only choice was to kill the my magma dragon and with resurrect i got minor losses. Btw again Laszlo picked up every item in the caravan so check if you find some item you dont want he have in battle althoug you can spend cash in creature.

Tinto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tinto » 11 Nov 2007, 20:35

I had some problems facing a Lazlo that was a bit more powerful than I was as well (on normal) charging right for me at the beginning of month two.

However a dozen magma dragons + 3 armageddons + Master of fire and ignite quickly turned the massacure in my favor. I managed to find an artifact (I think in the northeast corner?) that nullified enemy magic resistance so my armageddons always hit. You probably don't need master of fire and ignite, but it was kind of funny to watch the red armies I faced after Lazlo drop dead in the castle sieges one after another when it was their turn.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 16 Nov 2007, 03:11

i dunno, i just started this campaign and felt like looking at the walkthrough (too much black on the map scares me AAAHH!) and i see that some ppl are having trouble doing this mission on easy(the same as me) so i was just wondering, is this really that hard? i mean like on all the other missions i killed the boss who had an army twice as strong. maybe it is all because of my skills in the previous ones and this one will be just as easy. anyway, good job maltz on another great walkthrough for HoF
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 16 Nov 2007, 21:06

ok dude, your maps for obelisk is wrong i found 3 out of 4 obelisks and it totally is not similar to yours. please add new ones.
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 16 Nov 2007, 22:03

Hm... those are maps for the Tear. There are four possible locations.

But maybe they have changed it through the patches? The walkthrough was based on v2.1 (as mentioned in the title)
Edited on Fri, Nov 16 2007, 17:04 by maltz

stachnie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stachnie » 25 Apr 2008, 11:44

I played the map on Hard and Laszlo attacked me at the beginning of the Month 2. His army was much stronger (especially 28 Champions) and the battle was outside the castle but Frenzy and Rune Magic allowed me to win. It was a great pleasure to see frenzied Vindicators and Zealots fighting with each other :) BTW, Puppet Master and Frenzy were the way to win the battle against Valeria (Map 3) with moderate losses.

VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 25 Jun 2009, 13:28

Laszlo rushed me too,on Hard Week 4 Day 6.I had a quite small army ,with under 200 shieldguards,around 100 skirmishers,40+ berserkers,30+ black bears,25 patriarchs,15 warlords and 4(!!!) Magma dragons.If I had 10+ magma dragons,I would cast Armageddon(igniting) a lot of times(Wulf had 23 Atk,21 Def/Spellpower,18 knowledge+Sar Issus Wand,5 Luck I think) and the battle could be won on land,too,not only with some walls(either in Lazlo city or my city).The extra shield guards were not mandatory.But I grabbed that Element protection rune right before the battle,and half troops gained Fire Immunity but my Shields were unlucky so I only cast Armageddon once.DEstruction Magic gave me the winning edge and I remained with 100+ shields,1 magma dragon,20 patriarchs and 10 black bear riders.

VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 25 Jun 2009, 13:31

BTW,Res and battlerage and Berserking Rune+destruction magic=defeating Valeria with all her 700!!!Defenders(no Magmadragon,attacked in M5 with Ressurection/nonigniting Fireball).Also,in V2.0,the caravan waited(glitch???)

some_pete
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby some_pete » 27 Jun 2009, 15:43

I had to restart this mission 4 times: the first 4 tries Laszlo came North between week 3 and 4, I could not even explore the snowy area; at that point he was unbeatable and he either caught me in the open or he grabbed the town. The 5th attempt he didn't come until week 6 and I beat him easily -- outside the castle too (had Dunc hiding behind Wulf inside the castle). About 10 magma dragons and amagedon did the trick easily. So it seems to me, that you need a certain amount of luck here.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 30 Jul 2009, 00:57

I didn't have Ignite, but my Wulfstan build was going for the Ultimate and I had Phoenix and Firewall going in. My troops were slightly reinforced with basic Defenders and an additional 27 berserkers (after upgrading). Took town B at the very end of Week 2. Lazslo came charging out from east and I took him down, with exactly 1 Defender to spare. Would have more if I remembered to use the Rune of Ressurrection more often, but a win is a win.

Vampirlord17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vampirlord17 » 28 Nov 2009, 01:11

It was a quite easy one for me, i had lvl 26 wulfstan at start, the tear i dig up early, and after 2-3 months laszlo came and the fight in my town ended, that i had enouth of an army to take any hero at town b or c.

MY FAVORITE HERO,AND THE HARDEST BOSS EVER SHALL BE REMEMBERED FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!MAY ELRATH BLESS YOU IN THE HEAVENS GODRIC!!!!!
Edited on Sat, Nov 28 2009, 06:03 by Vampirlord17

Dstr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dstr » 12 Mar 2010, 20:56

this was a very easy mission compared to mission no. 3 ;) this time I completed the mission first and then searched for the walkthrough :)

Laszlo attacked at the beginning of Month 2. I had both Wulfstan and Duncan away from the town (in the North western region, just after winning all the fights in the North). just like you maltz, I was done with the North region after 1 month.

I digged very late for Tear of Asha... after beating Laszlo. Wulfstan had: 5 warlords, 15 rune, patriarchs, 62 blackbear riders, 50 bersekers, 113 skirmishers and 141 shieldguards. Laszlo had 4 fallen, 18 champions, 76 vindicators, 19 zealot, 65 battle griffins, 133 crossbowmen, 285 enforces. several times his army bigger....

the fight took place OUTSIDE the castle, because I made a mistake and I had to town portal both heroes. first being Duncan... however... i tried also this way :)) thanks to luck, archery, resurrection and resurrection rune, -I finally got the resurrection spell!!, it was my choice- I had very few casualties ;) about 1/4 of my troops. the rest is history... their last heroes were suxing ;) :)

Wulfstan with artefacts had at the end: 20 attack, 30 defense, 19 spell, 20 knowledge...level 28.

thanks maltz again, i was still playing mission no. 3 now without your walkthrough :))))) I was astonished how hard it was ;)

Return to “Articles”