several questions about erm scripts

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

several questions about erm scripts

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 07 Sep 2007, 11:58

ok, here are some things I want to do :

when a creature attacks it does something on itself. for example I want demon to increase their damages after each attacks, like the level 5 unit of the egyptian town.

I want some creatures to lose some of their habilities. for example the lord of thunder loses wind shield (I can't simply dispel it :S ) the angel doesn't give +1 morale anymore and the black dragon doesn't do +50% damage to titans anymore.

some creatures have habilities activated by a shortcut on the keyboard. for example, when it's the turn of the devil, if you press the right button, he will skip his turn and cast a spell.

some spell animations aren't shown. for example the azure dragon can freeze enemies. it casts paralysis, then the animation of the ice ring. I don't want to see the animation of the paralysis.

secondary effect can touch several units at once. for example if the azure dragon strikes 2 units at once, not only the primary target, but both the victimes may be frozen.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 28 Sep 2007, 21:05

can someone answer at least one of these questions?

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: several questions about erm scripts

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 28 Sep 2007, 21:41

Le_Faucheur wrote:ok, here are some things I want to do :

when a creature attacks it does something on itself. for example I want demon to increase their damages after each attacks, like the level 5 unit of the egyptian town.

There is a trigger (I forget the exact one, but it is in the help) for doing something after a creature acts. Use this, and then check the creature that acted. If it was the proper type, then use whatever other commands you want (attribute modificatios, spells, whatever)

some spell animations aren't shown. for example the azure dragon can freeze enemies. it casts paralysis, then the animation of the ice ring. I don't want to see the animation of the paralysis.
You can add the paralysis effect to the target without "casting" it. Find the target an manually add the spell effect. (as opposed to adding "paralyze" to the ability of the dragon. Use the same method as I mention above, only check the target as well as the originating creature.

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 30 Sep 2007, 22:08

black dragon doesn't do +50% damage to titans anymore.
try to give him skill "hatred" towards titans using EA:B and set it (parameter 61) to 0%.
some creatures have habilities activated by a shortcut on the keyboard. for example, when it's the turn of the devil, if you press the right button, he will skip his turn and cast a spell.
There should be some battle trigger to check which creature is active. Then you have some triggers for mouse clicks, try with those.
Beholder

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 13 Oct 2007, 14:18

EA:B seems interesting. can I have more information about it? it will be great to add some special abilities to creatures.

what does the bonus line index mean?

flags : I guess enabled means the creature start with the ability on. (it's what I want)

modifier? what is it?

value for rank 0 to to 10 = enabled or disabled??

can I use it if creatures can't gain experience?

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 13 Oct 2007, 16:25

bonus line index - all bonuses have their numbers. Creature can have up to 20 bonuses. Bonuses include skills gained through exp, and increase in stats. When you see the exp. screen you will se a number of rows with values for all bonuses and all ranks. Each line is a new bonus
flags - if 0 then this bonus is disabled always (no bonus)
ability - see the table for what bonus type you want
modifier - all skills have some modifier fe. percentage chance that this skill will work, or a number representing the 'power' of the skill (like should you cast mass spell or not etc.)
rank 0-15 = values for the skill at all 11 ranks available.

An example:

!!EA35:B9/1/119/49/0/0/0/0/1/1/1/1/1/1/1; - archmages (35) will have their 10th bonus (9) enabled (1), it will be spell immunity (119) to 1st level spells (49). At ranks 0-3 the skill will not be available, at ranks 4-10 it will be available.
!!EA35:B10/1/87/61/0/4/8/12/16/20/24/28/32/36/40; - archmages will have dwarf type of resistance (87) set (61) to r*4 %, where r is the rank number.

Take a look at /data/Text resources copy/Stack experience bonuses.txt for more info on stack bonuses.

If experience is disabled all bonuses will be disabled as well.
Beholder

Return to “Wake of Gods”