Spell discusions

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 18 Jun 2007, 11:06

my opinion about IA, it seem weak, but !!

use editor, make good script, good know about game and IA, and IA could be good and powerful on battle (maybe not on aventure solo map......)

if you make battle solo map, (exple: event "battle") use good script, good spell, and IA kill weack player !!!

on multiplayer game, IA kill many of human player, "suicide"

equilibris 3.51 is better battle IA (good job guys !!!)

be carreful about big changing spell, i think the actuel equilibris is very smart, for multi player game.......

i think the good way is free script, add new script, not definitive structural changing.......

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 23 Jun 2007, 10:15

i suggest level 4 death spell "Sacrifice" could be use on sumon target as deamons or elementalls to compare "gardian angel" very easy spell......

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 23 Jun 2007, 20:58

okrane wrote:Here are a few spell suggestions for chaos:

Level 5 :Frenzy

Description:Greatly increases the friendly target's attack skill, movement and speed, but severely decreases the defense skill.

Duration: 1 round.

Effect: The attack skill is multiplied by 4. The speed is increased by 5, the movement is increased by 5, The defense skill is divided by 4.
Interesting. Actually, it means 4 rounds of fight compressed into one, but... it can be easily exploited by all stealing retaliation tricks. I think that multiplier/divider 4 is too much. 2 or 3 would be better.
Level 5 Fury

Description: Increases the target friendly unit's damage(Note: I am talking about the damage and not the attack skill) by 1 - X where x depends on the level of the hero and masteries.

Minimum damage is increased by 1.
Maximum damage is increased by X = (1 + 0.2 * level_mastery_of_pyromancy) * Level_of_Hero.

E.g. At level 20 with GM Pyromancy this will increase the damage done by 1-40.

Duration: Until Dispelled.
Great! May be it needs some play with numbers, but the idea is great.
Level 4-5 Greater Magic Mirror

Description: All curses from all friendly targets are randomly distributed to the enemy targets.
I had this idea myself :)
Level 5 Thunderstorm

Description: Blesses the friendly target units with lightning powers. The unit gains the Thunderbird's ability to cast lightning after every attack.

Lightning damage: same as the caster's lightning damage.
Duration: Until Dispelled
Too good for Mega-Hero strategy. Damage does not depent on creatures number...
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Jun 2007, 22:44

thanks... I sure hope if you have the time and possibility to try and implement some of them

May you be so kind to check out these other two I posted a while back:
okrane wrote:
1) ENERGY CHANNEL

Spell School: Order
Spell Level: 3
Effect: Transfers mana between the caster and the target friendly unit
Power: 5 + (1 + 0.2 * level_of_wizardry) * level_of_caster mana transfered.
Mana cost: 5 (like any other lvl 3 spell) + the number of mana transfered.

Explanation: it is a great spell to replenish the mana of creatures that cast spells and who after using up their mana they become simply useless. The spell is not overpowered imo, because to be effective your hero must be of high level, he will use up his turn to give the mana to the casters so they can cast and after that you must have a sufficiently large caster stack in order to be effective. This can also be a use to supply a hero that finished his mana with some extra energy.

2) ENERGY DRAIN

Spell School: Death
Spell Level: 4
Effect: Drains the mana of the target enemy unit and gives it to the caster
Power: 10 + (1 + 0.2 * level_of_demonology) * level_of_caster mana transfered.
Line of Sight required.
Mana cost: 8 (like any other lvl 4 spell) - the number of mana transfered.

Explanation: Great to counter spell casting creatures by stealing their mana. This in combination with power drain will give death a marvelous counter against casting creatures and heroes. It fits really good in the death school because of the imps that drain mana, and this other spell.
Imagine nullifying the enemy fairy dragons. This I find also balanced because it's situational. The spell can be, of course, resisted.

Using the two together will result in draining mana from the enemy and then giving it to friendly spellcasting units.

I hope these two get implemented(I don't know if they can be done, but I figure it's not impossible, since the imps already have this ability which combines the two). This will make spellcasting creatures(like genies) really attractive, and with the boost that tactics got in the latest patch, I think it will not be an imbalanced addition.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 29 Jun 2007, 19:53

earthquake (level 3 or 4) casts displacement on every stack on the battlefield. destroy the castle door.

fire wall (level 2 or 3) used like quicksand, every stacks who walks through it receive damages (same damages than with a fire bolt)

counter-strike (level 2) the chosen stacks has 1 more retaliation.

mass counter-strike (level 4)

clone (level 4 or 5) make a copy of a friendly stack. the copy is as powerful as the original stack, but disappears as soon as it undergoes any damages.

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Unread postby eekstah » 03 Jul 2007, 16:12

Good ones, Le_Faucheur. Not too fancy or powerful, but still very useful and fun. If the Equilibris team is limited to using existing animations, i'm sure they could implement "mass displacement" (eartquake), and that would look pretty awsome with all those hands swooping over the battlefield all at once. :)

I've thought of this one in ages: Some sort of spell that creates wind on the battlefield. The wind will blow in the direction away from the caster's side of battlefield, and affect all flying projectiles.

Shooters firing along with the wind will have less range penalties, shooters firing towards the direction of the wind will have more. "Good shooters" (i.e heroes with (Grand?)Master Archery and creatures without range penalties) will deal extra damage when shooting with the wind.

Quite simple and logical.

timagalant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby timagalant » 29 Jul 2007, 11:32

Dalai wrote:
Level 5 Fury

Description: Increases the target friendly unit's damage(Note: I am talking about the damage and not the attack skill) by 1 - X where x depends on the level of the hero and masteries.

Minimum damage is increased by 1.
Maximum damage is increased by X = (1 + 0.2 * level_mastery_of_pyromancy) * Level_of_Hero.

E.g. At level 20 with GM Pyromancy this will increase the damage done by 1-40.

Duration: Until Dispelled.
Great! May be it needs some play with numbers, but the idea is great.
Not great in its current form.
Using the above example:
A 4th level unit, with a damage average of 50, will get a 40% increase in damage. (It's not much better than, say, giant strength. And much inferior to dragon strength, which is the same spell level)
A 1st level unit, with a damage average of 2, will get a 1000% increase in damage. (Way too huge. 1 peasant? How about 1000 peasants with 1 spell?)
Seems a little off to me, don't you think?

It should be like, divided by (5-x)^2, where x is the level of the creature. For 1st levelers, it will be divided by 16, which will make it a 62.5% boost to the average 1st leveler). For 4th levelers, it will not be divided at all (or by 1), so the boost remains the same.
Sure it should be tuned, but something like that could work.

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 13 Sep 2007, 18:08

Well theres been quite an inactivity these days or weeks :)
Anyways I wanted to post an idea for chaos which is prety much possible.

What do you guys think about moving Mass Misfortune to lvl 5 spells and bring armagedon to the lvl 4 spells ???
At least one of these transfers would be nice, I think of this becose armagedon is not always better then inferno and mass misfortune is probably the best lvl4 spell.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 16 Sep 2007, 17:54

maybe switching chain lighting instead, only because I feel since H2 that armaggeddon has to be a 5th level spell (and maybe it could be made more powerful)
btw my favorite 4th level chaos spell is cloud of confusion, but I agree mass misfortune is really good.

oh, nad you forget something, if mass mifortune become level 5, what about mass fortune? (it may seem less powerful, but a -33% damage cancels exactly a +50% damage)

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 24 Sep 2007, 08:48

Le_Faucheur wrote:maybe switching chain lighting instead, only because I feel since H2 that armaggeddon has to be a 5th level spell (and maybe it could be made more powerful)
btw my favorite 4th level chaos spell is cloud of confusion, but I agree mass misfortune is really good.

oh, nad you forget something, if mass mifortune become level 5, what about mass fortune? (it may seem less powerful, but a -33% damage cancels exactly a +50% damage)
Spells that allow you to increase damage are generally better than those allowing you to have less casualties, because there are a lot of tactics allowing no casualties at all. And because killing enemy heroes as fast as possible is very often the top priority. That's why fortune and misfortune are not exactly equal.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 25 Sep 2007, 14:57

my priority is to avoid losses.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 27 Sep 2007, 00:11

Le_Faucheur wrote:my priority is to avoid losses.
Of course!

But avoiding losses has nothing to do with receiving less damage. It is achieved by not receiving damage at all. Using illusions, summons and all the arsenal of tricks.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 27 Sep 2007, 15:14

yeah I like summoning. but fortune on a level 4 which has 80 in defense thanks to the tactician, makes it really hard to kill.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 30 Sep 2007, 20:38

Are you sure u talking about a real game? I mean practice, online game which only gives real answers not just theory B-)

Return to “Equilibris”