Starforce: Here's what could happen to you

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Starforce: Here's what could happen to you

Unread postby Romanov77 » 10 Feb 2006, 09:31

Note: I post this here because I know that there are responsable people like Angelspit and the whole CH staff, so I wanted to point this to their attention, considering thay they hold great influence over us fans (well, at least on me) ,even more than the official boards

I know the argument has been discussed to death, but now Im REALLY worried....

The director of a very popular italian videogame-magazine (The Games Machine), stated on an article of the official site of the magazine that after installing TRackmania nations, his new and very expensive dvd burner, just bought and fully working, stopped to burn stuff...and the problem persisted even after unistalling the game and the starforce drivers (dont call them malware, or they'll sue you Wink )

Here's the article in italian...feeel free to use a translastion software/site to get a glimpse of it.
http://forum.tgmonline.it/forum/index.p ... &rid=14605

Now...he's a serious person and well known gamer since the 80' on the italian scene, and only seldom I had to disagree with him.

He pointed that a responsable company like Bethesda dropped SF from their games... and since we saw that UBI showed great interest into our satisfaction after delaying the game, I think a new and more important petition shuld be started.

HeroesV is cool and will be a nice game...but Its not worth risking my hardware for it.
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Feb 2006, 11:39

Well calling it malware is wrong coz I doubt they intentionaly made it to wreck CD drives.

And even Fabrice admited that 0.002% of SF problems were unfixable.

And the beta should do anything to the CD drive as there's no cd to check. But then again I really don't know what SF does in the beta so don't take my word for it.

Also SF's stance is that newer versions no longer do that and SF isn't to blame, it just brings out the faults in other programs. :rofl: :rolleyes:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 10 Feb 2006, 12:07

My thread on the official has been deleted. DELETED!

Starforce, undecent beta, fascist behavior....they surely know how to make marketing...

Learn from bethesda...they actually listed on their new game's features: "This game has NO starforce"...learn ubi, learn.....
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Feb 2006, 12:10

Romanov77 wrote:Learn from bethesda...they actually listed on their new game's features: "This game has NO starforce"...learn ubi, learn.....
Who told you that they dont have a mutual pact?"Hey,well use starforce,just to scare customers.Then you put on all your games 'This game has NO starforce'!People will buy them just for that,no matter how crappy they are.And we the profits!" :devil:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Feb 2006, 14:10

Well, Romanov, I shan't delete your thread just yet, but being as there is a thread here already dedicated exclusively to discussions on StarForce, I shall close this one down and suggest you go there.

Here it is. Have fun! ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”