Tribes of the East in October?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Khelavaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Khelavaster » 09 Sep 2007, 11:57

Jolly Joker has always worked for Ubival. I didn't know he was a translator though, given his heavy-handed, single-minded dismissal of even the most preposterous flaws of the game from launch day, I figured he was a hired PR drone.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Tribes of the East in October?

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 09 Sep 2007, 14:13

Khelavaster wrote: given his [JJ] heavy-handed, single-minded dismissal of even the most preposterous flaws of the game from launch day, I figured he was a hired PR drone.
BS. Show me your heroes III strategy guides and defense of fortress in heroes III. And maps made for heroes III. You make it sound like he hasn't been around for a long time.

He has criticized balance of hereoes v the same way he criticizes people who don't use actual data from the game to back up statements about the game. And he has never concealed the fact that he translates the game for them. That doesn't mean he's the mastermind sitting in ubisoft headquarters saying "ok, how can we screw the fans so I can make the most money."

Edit: I mean isn't that a good goal for a die-hard heroes fan? Wouldn't you want to be working for NWC when they were producing heroes 3 or 4 or 5? So I can't imagine why you would spin it so negatively.
Last edited by PhoenixReborn on 09 Sep 2007, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 09 Sep 2007, 14:16

Zutus wrote:I think it's only fair that america in turn has to wait for a game a while longer, and besides it's only a month. In europe we are screwed over a lot with cool games not even being released here. It concerns the console market more than pc but still...
Right, the birthplace of the franchise and the single biggest country market (granted the combined EU might be bigger) and they have to wait. :disagree: Makes great marketing sense, it's amazing UBI turns a profit with decisions like that. 8| I really don't care, if they delay it until Christmas, then my daughters can feel good buying it for me and I won't spend my money on it. ;)
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 09 Sep 2007, 14:23

Sure sometimes JJ seems to dismiss some things but he also knows more than most, he's not some random guy. Disagreements aside he has a good insight on how things work and why some things are not as bad as they sound.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 09 Sep 2007, 14:30

Got an email from EBGames this morning, sayong the new release date is now October 16.
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 09 Sep 2007, 15:48

maybe,but dont havent get any infomation for new releasing day on my country.To jeff: do you really have daughters?! how old are you?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 09 Sep 2007, 16:34

Wraith wrote:maybe,but dont havent get any infomation for new releasing day on my country.To jeff: do you really have daughters?! how old are you?
Let's just say I'm more than half a century. :D

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 09 Sep 2007, 17:49

to jeff:ok.i am suprised

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 09 Sep 2007, 19:15

If the US release date has been pushed back (as was apparently officially confirmed by Ubisoft), surely this means that the European release date will be pushed back as well?

@jeff: The European Union is potentially much bigger than the US. The 27 member states currently hold close to 500 million people, while the US have 300 million. Also, the combined GDP of the EU is a little bit higher than the US one. I do not know how this translates into game sales exactly, though. It depends on the game in question, I suppose.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 09 Sep 2007, 20:20

Arveragus wrote:@jeff: The European Union is potentially much bigger than the US. The 27 member states currently hold close to 500 million people, while the US have 300 million. Also, the combined GDP of the EU is a little bit higher than the US one. I do not know how this translates into game sales exactly, though. It depends on the game in question, I suppose.
That is certainly true, but how many languages do they have to publish it in to cover all of those people. English is one of them, so there is no reason to delay a North American release, except poor marketing. For a game that has had a luke warm exceptance by much of the fan base, the last thing you want it to risk is bad reviews being released before the game is released in one of its largest markets.

Having just said that, with Ubival’s Heroes track record it probably is a good idea for you Europeans to sample the game first, as several of you will tell us whether we should save our money or not. So here’s to the guinea pigs. :applause:

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 09 Sep 2007, 21:19

>Jolly Joker has always worked for Ubival. I didn't know he was a >translator though, given his heavy-handed, single-minded dismissal >of even the most preposterous flaws of the game from launch day, I >figured he was a hired PR drone.

LOL.

Well, I am kind of curious. Did he join Ubisoft before it bought the M&M franchise?

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 09 Sep 2007, 22:24

JJ does NOT work at Ubisoft OR at Nival. He was simply contacted by Fabrice when he found out that JJ does translation work for a living and they didn't have anyone currently for the German translations. JJ is a Heroes fan first and foremost. The translation gig came second.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 10 Sep 2007, 01:17

EB Games Australia still has a release date of Sept 20 although I'm sure it is incorrect as EB Games Australia doesn't usually know what they are doing anyway. Can you tell I'm a transplanted American? LOL
Edited on Sun, Sep 09 2007, 21:22 by cher

smith-b-d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby smith-b-d » 10 Sep 2007, 04:37

Gameswarehouse.com.au has changed their release date to: 11 October 07

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 11 Sep 2007, 00:24

>JJ does NOT work at Ubisoft OR at Nival. He was simply contacted by Fabrice when he found out that JJ does translation work for a living and they didn't have anyone currently for the German translations. JJ is a Heroes fan first and foremost. The translation gig came second.

Weird. He gave me the impression that he's some sort of computer scientist.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Sep 2007, 11:07

He's a scientist of computer WORDS.... bow down before his penmanship. Or should that be keyboardmanship?! ;|
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 11 Sep 2007, 20:21

ToTheGame now has the following release dates:

US: 9th of October

UK/Nordic: 12th of October

http://www.tothegame.com/game.asp?id=6553

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Sep 2007, 03:31

jeff wrote:
Wraith wrote:maybe,but dont havent get any infomation for new releasing day on my country.To jeff: do you really have daughters?! how old are you?
Let's just say I'm more than half a century. :D
geez, it's not like you really need to be old to have kids :)

there are 16 year old "parents" around the place .... not a recommendation btw!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Livio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Livio » 12 Sep 2007, 05:58

At UBISOFT: Release date 12-10-2007.
livio/-/|=

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Sep 2007, 06:01

so let's just say that it looks like sometime mid October and leave it at that
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “News”